Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:08 am

I have not seen it, so it is.

Waitlist last year: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=207049
Last edited by bombombom on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10854
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:18 am

bombombom wrote:I have not seen it, so it is.
As 1303 offers and only 370 matriculated this year. I think less than 20% of us will off the waitlist for the "summer melting". Anyone planning on holding out for quite a while? I am not sure if UT will pull a lot of people off of waitlist following the deposit deadline. According to the GRAPHS from LSN, they have more stringent standards for applicant than last year. Anyway GOOD LUCK for all of the waitlists!

Waitlist last year: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207049


370 matriculated? Where is that data?

I thought the class size was only about 330.

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:21 am

BigZuck wrote:
bombombom wrote:I have not seen it, so it is.
As 1303 offers and only 370 matriculated this year. I think less than 20% of us will off the waitlist for the "summer melting". Anyone planning on holding out for quite a while? I am not sure if UT will pull a lot of people off of waitlist following the deposit deadline. According to the GRAPHS from LSN, they have more stringent standards for applicant than last year. Anyway GOOD LUCK for all of the waitlists!

Waitlist last year: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207049


370 matriculated? Where is that data?

I thought the class size was only about 330.

LSN :http://texas.lawschoolnumbers.com/

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:34 am

bombombom wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
bombombom wrote:I have not seen it, so it is.
As 1303 offers and only 370 matriculated this year. I think less than 20% of us will off the waitlist for the "summer melting". Anyone planning on holding out for quite a while? I am not sure if UT will pull a lot of people off of waitlist following the deposit deadline. According to the GRAPHS from LSN, they have more stringent standards for applicant than last year. Anyway GOOD LUCK for all of the waitlists!

Waitlist last year: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207049


370 matriculated? Where is that data?

I thought the class size was only about 330.

LSN :http://texas.lawschoolnumbers.com/


Without knowing how they're derived, I would take current-cycle LSN numbers with a grain of salt. BigZuck is right - the c/o 2016 was only 319 students, and c/o 2015 was only 300, so I'd be VERY surprised if UT has already locked up 370 students for c/o 2017 by mid-February. Also, other than ED admits, how would LSN (or the school) even know at this point? The seat deposit's not even due yet.

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:59 am

ScottRiqui wrote:
bombombom wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
bombombom wrote:I have not seen it, so it is.
As 1303 offers and only 370 matriculated this year. I think less than 20% of us will off the waitlist for the "summer melting". Anyone planning on holding out for quite a while? I am not sure if UT will pull a lot of people off of waitlist following the deposit deadline. According to the GRAPHS from LSN, they have more stringent standards for applicant than last year. Anyway GOOD LUCK for all of the waitlists!

Waitlist last year: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207049


370 matriculated? Where is that data?

I thought the class size was only about 330.

LSN :http://texas.lawschoolnumbers.com/


Without knowing how they're derived, I would take current-cycle LSN numbers with a grain of salt. BigZuck is right - the c/o 2016 was only 319 students, and c/o 2015 was only 300, so I'd be VERY surprised if UT has already locked up 370 students for c/o 2017 by mid-February. Also, other than ED admits, how would LSN (or the school) even know at this point? The seat deposit's not even due yet.


I dont know where they got the numbers, maybe just prediction or even imagination. But LSN data is the only source of information I can find to predict the trend of the admission . Don't take it so seriously.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:15 am

bombombom wrote:I dont know where they got the numbers, maybe just prediction or even imagination. But LSN data is the only source of information I can find to predict the trend of the admission . Don't take it so seriously.


I'm not taking it seriously - that was kind of my whole point. LSN may be the best we have, but that doesn't necessarily make it good data. It's also helpful to remember that LSN users only make up about 10-15% of a schools' total applicant pool. Also, they're accepted to schools at a disproportionately-higher rate than non-LSN users, so you don't necessarily have to be as strong of a candidate as the LSN graphs might suggest in order to be admitted.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 am

ScottRiqui wrote:
bombombom wrote:I dont know where they got the numbers, maybe just prediction or even imagination. But LSN data is the only source of information I can find to predict the trend of the admission . Don't take it so seriously.


I'm not taking it seriously - that was kind of my whole point. LSN may be the best we have, but that doesn't necessarily make it good data. It's also helpful to remember that LSN users only make up about 10-15% of a schools' total applicant pool. Also, they're accepted to schools at a disproportionately-higher rate than non-LSN users, so you don't necessarily have to be as strong of a candidate as the LSN graphs might suggest in order to be admitted.


This, although you can see a decent trend on LSN to draw conclusions thereof. Additionally, 10-15% is actually a pretty good sample size to be drawing statistical conclusions from. I can gladly do some analysis later, but I think it is obvious that so far in their admissions 167 has been a pretty solid LSAT floor and those below should expect either a non-acceptance or a wait longer. A GPA floor seems to really not exist according to the current trending data.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Bump, since I'm in this

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JRO1989 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:31 pm

I think last year some people got in only about 2 weeks from today. Hopefully it's as quick this year.

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:19 pm

JRO1989 wrote:I think last year some people got in only about 2 weeks from today. Hopefully it's as quick this year.

Two waitlists already got in (data from LSN) I dont know if it is true that UT pull waitlists off through the hole admission process. Anyway, good luck to all of us !

omgreally
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby omgreally » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:34 pm

I would write LOCIs throughout the process. I got scooped up a few days before classes started & I have a feeling the LOCIs that I wrote contributed to them extending an offer so late in the game. Good luck. If you have any questions, PM me.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:01 am

bombombom wrote:
JRO1989 wrote:I think last year some people got in only about 2 weeks from today. Hopefully it's as quick this year.

Two waitlists already got in (data from LSN) I dont know if it is true that UT pull waitlists off through the hole admission process. Anyway, good luck to all of us !


In past cycles, UT has pulled off the waitlist right until classes started. I am a current 1L. Feel free to PM me with any questions, although I was not on the waitlist (I was held and then admitted).

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Any movement??

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:49 am

bombombom wrote:Any movement??

Nope

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:16 pm

rion91 wrote:
bombombom wrote:Any movement??

Nope
Last edited by bombombom on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:33 pm

bombombom wrote:
rion91 wrote:
bombombom wrote:Any movement??

Nope

I send them an email about every 2 weeks. Maybe I am already been a pest around their heads.
and my LOCI is not good I think. Kind of critical thinking...........I am out :? I accept the worst situation so nothing can hurt me :twisted:

What are you emailing every 2 weeks? Seems too often to me.

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 pm

rion91 wrote:
bombombom wrote:
rion91 wrote:
bombombom wrote:Any movement??

Nope

I send them an email about every 2 weeks. Maybe I am already been a pest around their heads.
and my LOCI is not good I think. Kind of critical thinking...........I am out :? I accept the worst situation so nothing can hurt me :twisted:

What are you emailing every 2 weeks? Seems too often to me.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Texas started pulling off the WL on the 22nd last year, so I imagine we should start seeing movement anytime soon. Would totes pay sticker for Texas.

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombombom » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 pm

rion91 wrote:Texas started pulling off the WL on the 22nd last year, so I imagine we should start seeing movement anytime soon. Would totes pay sticker for Texas.


Maybe they will not review waiting list this time for they got enough deposit. However early in May we will know something. I am wondering if I've been the pest.

histpols
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby histpols » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Checking-In for UT wait list. Has anyone heard anything yet? I think I will call or email this week to see where they are at in the process.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:46 am

histpols wrote:Checking-In for UT wait list. Has anyone heard anything yet? I think I will call or email this week to see where they are at in the process.

I think we'll see movement next week, just because it gives them enough time to respond to other school's WL movement. It's going to be a loooooooooooooong summer.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 pm

rion91 wrote:
histpols wrote:Checking-In for UT wait list. Has anyone heard anything yet? I think I will call or email this week to see where they are at in the process.

I think we'll see movement next week, just because it gives them enough time to respond to other school's WL movement. It's going to be a loooooooooooooong summer.


Depends on what they're looking at, looks like from the facebook page that they are trying to finalize $$$ situations which may mean they aren't really looking at the WL right now. This is merely speculation and may be inaccurate.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Attax wrote:
rion91 wrote:
histpols wrote:Checking-In for UT wait list. Has anyone heard anything yet? I think I will call or email this week to see where they are at in the process.

I think we'll see movement next week, just because it gives them enough time to respond to other school's WL movement. It's going to be a loooooooooooooong summer.


Depends on what they're looking at, looks like from the facebook page that they are trying to finalize $$$ situations which may mean they aren't really looking at the WL right now. This is merely speculation and may be inaccurate.

Texas strikes me as a place that is really on the ball w/ admissions, so it makes sense. They seem a lot more proactive than reactive like other schools (at least this cycle) to me.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:13 pm

rion91 wrote:
Attax wrote:
rion91 wrote:
histpols wrote:Checking-In for UT wait list. Has anyone heard anything yet? I think I will call or email this week to see where they are at in the process.

I think we'll see movement next week, just because it gives them enough time to respond to other school's WL movement. It's going to be a loooooooooooooong summer.


Depends on what they're looking at, looks like from the facebook page that they are trying to finalize $$$ situations which may mean they aren't really looking at the WL right now. This is merely speculation and may be inaccurate.

Texas strikes me as a place that is really on the ball w/ admissions, so it makes sense. They seem a lot more proactive than reactive like other schools (at least this cycle) to me.


Definitely. It has been quite pleasant with UT, other places, well I'd just like a decision now.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o Waitlists (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:31 pm

badump, silence




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, genjustice, jjcorvino, joezze, RictusErectus and 9 guests