Brooklyn Law 17/18

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PattyCake

Re: Brooklyn Law 17/18

Postby PattyCake » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:52 pm

IN from waitlist via status checker! No email yet, how long did everyone wait?

Smer45

Postby Smer45 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:54 pm

PattyCake wrote:IN from waitlist via status checker! No email yet, how long did everyone wait?

congrats!! I saw the e-mail before my status checker but I don't think it was long

Wbrem

Postby Wbrem » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:57 pm

PattyCake wrote:IN from waitlist via status checker! No email yet, how long did everyone wait?

Congrats! I'm sure scholarship info is soon to follow!

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Thank you, can't wait to see if I got a scholarship - those awful months of studying for my retake may have been worth it after all!!! :-)

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Did those who received scholarship have an amount right away in the merit scholarship deposit box, or did that get added after you received an email? Was scholarship information in the acceptance email/packet?

Smer45

Postby Smer45 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 pm

PattyCake wrote:Did those who received scholarship have an amount right away in the merit scholarship deposit box, or did that get added after you received an email? Was scholarship information in the acceptance email/packet?

Scholarship info came a couple weeks after

JazzieShizzle

Postby JazzieShizzle » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Smer45 wrote:
PattyCake wrote:Did those who received scholarship have an amount right away in the merit scholarship deposit box, or did that get added after you received an email? Was scholarship information in the acceptance email/packet?

My scholarship also came a few weeks after, but I was admitted before they awarded scholarships. I don't think you will have to wait that long, but that's just a hunch. They sent an email telling me to check my admitted students account and the amount was there. Also sent something by mail shortly after.

elendinel

Postby elendinel » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:33 pm

JazzieShizzle wrote:
Smer45 wrote:

My scholarship also came a few weeks after, but I was admitted before they awarded scholarships. I don't think you will have to wait that long, but that's just a hunch. They sent an email telling me to check my admitted students account and the amount was there. Also sent something by mail shortly after.

Also if you get an email for a scholarship but when you check your account you don't see one, don't panic; it took mine a day after seeing the email to actually show the scholarship.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:12 pm

elendinel wrote:
JazzieShizzle wrote:
Smer45 wrote:

Also if you get an email for a scholarship but when you check your account you don't see one, don't panic; it took mine a day after seeing the email to actually show the scholarship.

LOL, it took me 4 confused email exchanges and 3 phone calls before admissions re-reviewed my file after my Feb LSAT was released (apparently they usually won't re-review a file until April). Also, I didn't get the acceptance email until 3 days after my status checker showed I was accepted. I'm just happy I'm in and might get a scholarship, I can be patient for a few more days now while my online access and (hopefully) scholarship info are set up :-)

vlshort3955

Postby vlshort3955 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:19 am

What was the waitlist process like for you? About how long did it take from being waitlisted until you got accepted? Did they contact you, did you provide a letter of continued interest? I just got waitlisted today. Thanks!

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:10 pm

vlshort3955 wrote:What was the waitlist process like for you? About how long did it take from being waitlisted until you got accepted? Did they contact you, did you provide a letter of continued interest? I just got waitlisted today. Thanks!

Well I'm not sure I was the norm. I got Waitlisted 3 days before my Feb LSAT was released. I went from <25th to >75th. I still wouldn't have been re-reviewed until April, but I started calling about 2x per week requesting my file be re-reviewed. I wouldn't have bugged them so much, but I got vaguely positive responses about a re-review each time I called, so I had an excuse to call again to follow up. I also mentioned how much it meant to me to have a chance to go to my mom's law school, which is true. One rep told me twice he would take my file to the dean, and I guess he did the second time (he may have forgotten the first time - it happens), because I was admitted late that afternoon. Call if you're really interested and it's one of your first choices - you won't annoy them as long as you're polite. In my case the guy brought my file to the dean because of my "obviously deep interest." That's what he said the last time I called him :-) BUT if they say they only review in April and don't indicate they might make an exception, then I wouldn't push them - they were very positive the whole time in my case so that wasn't an issue.

vlshort3955

Postby vlshort3955 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Great, thanks for the info. Congrats!

PattyCake wrote:
vlshort3955 wrote:What was the waitlist process like for you? About how long did it take from being waitlisted until you got accepted? Did they contact you, did you provide a letter of continued interest? I just got waitlisted today. Thanks!

Well I'm not sure I was the norm. I got Waitlisted 3 days before my Feb LSAT was released. I went from <25th to >75th. I still wouldn't have been re-reviewed until April, but I started calling about 2x per week requesting my file be re-reviewed. I wouldn't have bugged them so much, but I got vaguely positive responses about a re-review each time I called, so I had an excuse to call again to follow up. I also mentioned how much it meant to me to have a chance to go to my mom's law school, which is true. One rep told me twice he would take my file to the dean, and I guess he did the second time (he may have forgotten the first time - it happens), because I was admitted late that afternoon. Call if you're really interested and it's one of your first choices - you won't annoy them as long as you're polite. In my case the guy brought my file to the dean because of my "obviously deep interest." That's what he said the last time I called him :-) BUT if they say they only review in April and don't indicate they might make an exception, then I wouldn't push them - they were very positive the whole time in my case so that wasn't an issue.

chipotle123

Postby chipotle123 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Anybody here get in with merit and negotiate for more? If so, please elaborate on how/ what other schools you got in to.

kas613

Postby kas613 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 pm

anyone here definitely going? looking for a roommate...

Wbrem

Postby Wbrem » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:44 pm

I attempted a scholarship negotiation yesterday and got an email back today. No such luck. Good luck to everyone else in their attempts.

JazzieShizzle

Postby JazzieShizzle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Wbrem wrote:I attempted a scholarship negotiation yesterday and got an email back today. No such luck. Good luck to everyone else in their attempts.

I heard they won't negotiate at all until after their deposit deadline. Did they say anything like that to you?

CaveCanem

Postby CaveCanem » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Wbrem wrote:I attempted a scholarship negotiation yesterday and got an email back today. No such luck. Good luck to everyone else in their attempts.

No luck with me either. Mind giving a general overview of the other offers you mentioned?

ConLawNerd91

Postby ConLawNerd91 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 pm

JazzieShizzle wrote:

I heard they won't negotiate at all until after their deposit deadline. Did they say anything like that to you?

That's what they said to me.

Wbrem

Postby Wbrem » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:15 am

CaveCanem wrote:

No luck with me either. Mind giving a general overview of the other offers you mentioned?

I didn't have anything too impressive to negotiate with. I got a full ride to St. John's and $10k to Cardozo. My stats were just not high enough to qualify for merit scholarship they said. The email was edited poorly ("Brokklyn Law School") and a lot of it was copy and pasted.

cosmomedici

Postby cosmomedici » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Definitely going, hoping to get housing at 148-150 Clinton Street. If I get assigned to Feil Hall I'll probably cut my losses and look for an apartment in LES or Brooklyn. Anyone been on the housing tour?

Wbrem

Postby Wbrem » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 pm

cosmomedici wrote:Definitely going, hoping to get housing at 148-150 Clinton Street. If I get assigned to Feil Hall I'll probably cut my losses and look for an apartment in LES or Brooklyn. Anyone been on the housing tour?

Unfurnished housing is my first choice as well but I hear it's improbable to be assigned there your first year since there are so few, especially on Clinton St. I will probably get an off campus apartment also.

CaveCanem

Postby CaveCanem » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Wbrem wrote:
cosmomedici wrote:Definitely going, hoping to get housing at 148-150 Clinton Street. If I get assigned to Feil Hall I'll probably cut my losses and look for an apartment in LES or Brooklyn. Anyone been on the housing tour?

Unfurnished housing is my first choice as well but I hear it's improbable to be assigned there your first year since there are so few, especially on Clinton St. I will probably get an off campus apartment also.

Any dirt on Feil hall that i don't about? Heard good things..

Wbrem

Postby Wbrem » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:12 am

CaveCanem wrote:
Wbrem wrote:

Any dirt on Feil hall that i don't about? Heard good things..

I've heard nothing but good things. I have a friend who is living there now and really loves it. I've just lived on my own for so long that I don't want to get rid of my furniture and everything to go back to living in a dorm atmosphere.

Manteca

Postby Manteca » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Dinged via status checker. Kind of surprised, I figured that with my numbers I'd have a decent chance.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”