How did you react when you got in?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jaesonko
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby jaesonko » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Was out shooting some arrows with a few friends. Received a call from a Cambridge number and realized immediately what was happening. Mumbled a few incoherent things to JS and, as soon as a I got off the phone, started throwing up. Couldn't shoot for the rest of the afternoon since I was shaking too damn much and smelled of vomit. Then I pigged out at Korean BBQ. Was a good day.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby drawstring » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:30 pm

jaesonko wrote:Was out shooting some arrows with a few friends. Received a call from a Cambridge number and realized immediately what was happening. Mumbled a few incoherent things to JS and, as soon as a I got off the phone, started throwing up. Couldn't shoot for the rest of the afternoon since I was shaking too damn much and smelled of vomit. Then I pigged out at Korean BBQ. Was a good day.


Are you Link?

Image

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby whereskyle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Admitted ED with 150k scholly on train home. Came home to find my laptop broken for no apparent reason. It's still broken. Didn't care then and don't care now.

User avatar
JazzieShizzle
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:47 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby JazzieShizzle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:17 pm

anna8506 wrote:I was happy for like 30 mins after every acceptance, then start calculating how much I have to pay to attend...

Then become mad because on LSN, they offered more money to other people with similar numbers, lol, following which is the endless research on employment stats.

ummm yeah, what's up with that?? One of my schools did that to me too! :?

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:23 pm

JazzieShizzle wrote:
anna8506 wrote:I was happy for like 30 mins after every acceptance, then start calculating how much I have to pay to attend...

Then become mad because on LSN, they offered more money to other people with similar numbers, lol, following which is the endless research on employment stats.

ummm yeah, what's up with that?? One of my schools did that to me too! :?


Being admitted without scholly $ creates more questions than answers.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Theopliske8711 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:26 pm

I was going around my village using a hookshot to get around for fun, when some dude came up right behind me and initiated a dialogue box that informed me that I was accepted at NYU.

User avatar
kandi007
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby kandi007 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I was in Miami on vacation about to leave for a cruise(this was last Friday). My family and I were at Bubba Gumps and I randomly checked my email like I do 1000 times a day- not expecting to see anything from any Law School yet. There were 2 emails from Drexel that said Welcome to Drexel Law and I made a face like :shock: then actually opened it up and said "oh shit, I just got into Law School." Then I ate my drunken shrimp and began my mad posting on social media.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:53 pm

I was running through my personal emails after getting home from what was already a good day at work, opened the acceptance "letter," and almost deleted out of instinct, expecting it was just another promo / marketing email.

So, I had scrolled all the way to the bottom without really reading anything it said, just kind of letting my eyes glaze over. Then it started to hit me as I scrolled back up, and back down again, and back up ... I was in disbelief, having only applied to the school a week earlier.

After looking at my status checker to be sure the email wasn't a mistake, I grabbed a beer from my fridge and texted a few close friends.

(I conveniently left out the fist pump and profanity.)

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby janetdoe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:03 pm

OliveBC wrote:I got my first two acceptances the same day, the first was Georgetown- I found the envelope in the mail and opened it on the elevator up to my apartment. I was teary eyed already when I walked in the door and my sister was sitting at the kitchen table. I started crying as soon as I showed the letter to her. Then called my mom/dad etc.

A few hours later I got an email from Duke congratulating me on my acceptance but I wasn't paying attention and assumed it was Georgetown following up. It took me a good 5 seconds to realize it was "DUKE class of 2017" and then I started laughing/crying again and called my parents crying for the second time that day :lol:

I also cried when I got the call from Virginia and I'm pretty sure I was like "OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" and the lady calling was like "This is the best part of my job, I love making these calls" and I was like YEAH GIRL and we bonded.

Basically I'm just a big cry baby...I've probably shed at least 1 tear for every acceptance so far except maybe the safeties.

Currently crossing my fingers and preparing my tissues since I had my Cornell interview this past friday!!


<3 <3 <3!!!!

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby janetdoe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Wildcats17 wrote:I actually cried when I got NU ED. I checked the decision letter delivery system every day for the next two weeks to make sure it wasn't a mistake.


yo, congrats on the full ride!! i would have cried, too lol. amazing and so happy for you! i saw someone on LSN who also got in NU ED, and he served in the army. i was so happy for him, too :D

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby janetdoe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:My acceptances from both cycles are all TTT so I've never felt this. At least not yet. :(

Almost had it when I checked my phone during breakfast and saw that Cornell had made a decision. I used the "search" function and typed in "sorry" and "unfortunately." When I didn't find it, I opened the email...and got put on reserve. :( :( :(


omg lol, i never thought of this tactic. i'm going to do that from now on

User avatar
Tuxedo
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Tuxedo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:34 pm

The first acceptance still felt the best, even if I have zero plans to attend Wake Forest in the fall. To explain:

That day, I went to the jeweler to pick up the engagement ring and gagged a little bit as the final payment was a few hundred more than I thought. I checked my phone about 8 times to remind myself about the time of the dinner reservation. I got home and emailed some friends confirming that the post-engagement party was a go and that they needed to be at her house at 8:30 (dine early, party late).

Then as I sat around drinking a beer to take the edge off, I saw an email from WF that accepted me with 108k.

15 minutes later, my boss (head of upper private school) calls to ask me what my plans are. Apparently an older faculty member who had left the school was now returning and was wondering if jobs were available. He'd be a huge get for the school, and I so I told boss to go after him.

Then at dinner, when I couldn't stop smiling and she thought something was up, I just said, "babe, we're going to law school!" and let her know about the scholarship. She was super excited.

On the walk home she said yes (didn't even look at the ring for like 10 seconds, I was seriously thinking "wtf did i have to buy this for then").

What a day.

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby wsparker » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:00 am

Tuxedo wrote:The first acceptance still felt the best, even if I have zero plans to attend Wake Forest in the fall. To explain:

That day, I went to the jeweler to pick up the engagement ring and gagged a little bit as the final payment was a few hundred more than I thought. I checked my phone about 8 times to remind myself about the time of the dinner reservation. I got home and emailed some friends confirming that the post-engagement party was a go and that they needed to be at her house at 8:30 (dine early, party late).

Then as I sat around drinking a beer to take the edge off, I saw an email from WF that accepted me with 108k.

15 minutes later, my boss (head of upper private school) calls to ask me what my plans are. Apparently an older faculty member who had left the school was now returning and was wondering if jobs were available. He'd be a huge get for the school, and I so I told boss to go after him.

Then at dinner, when I couldn't stop smiling and she thought something was up, I just said, "babe, we're going to law school!" and let her know about the scholarship. She was super excited.

On the walk home she said yes (didn't even look at the ring for like 10 seconds, I was seriously thinking "wtf did i have to buy this for then").

What a day.


Sounds like a wonderful day! Congrats!

TheCurrantThyme
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 am

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby TheCurrantThyme » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:59 pm


User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Kanye West » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:56 pm

I thought I'd highlight my reaction through the artistic medium of rap:

I went to my mailbox and popped open the lock,
Peeped a big envelope, looking real dope,
So I pulled it out, yea, baby, baby, pulled it out, (ahhh yea, no doubt)
It was UPS bound to fall in loooooove,
It was UPS bound to fall in loooooove,
Palpitations in my chest, will this put my anxiety to rest,
I see that crest, TLS will say to retake the test, can't do it braj I did my best,
CONGRATULATIONS scrawled out front, Emory knows what's up,
Scholly too? ATL I love you,

Forever I Love Atlanta, FILA Babyyyyyyyyy

Image

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Cicero76 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:06 pm

I dropped my brand new iPhone 4 on concrete when I got my Yale acceptance email

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Kimikho » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Cicero76 wrote:I dropped my brand new iPhone 4 on concrete when I got my Yale acceptance email


I was waiting for you to chime in.

But...email?

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Cicero76 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:11 am

scoobers wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:I dropped my brand new iPhone 4 on concrete when I got my Yale acceptance email


I was waiting for you to chime in.

But...email?


I know right? I was kind of sad I didn't get a call, but it was right before ASW and they needed to do a huge wave

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:18 am

errday we wustlin

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Kimikho » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:37 am

Pulling this over from the Yale thread as a happy acceptance and an example of providing stats:

MrHabeas wrote:OH MY GOSH I GOT IN TO YALE LAW SCHOOL AWHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Above 75% GPA, 50%<LSAT<75%
Submitted on 2/28

Unreal
UNREAL!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE TLS AHHHHHH

I have dreamed of Yale Law for three years now, ever since my professor told me about it and I saw it on TLS.
This is like, the end of long journey for me. Three years ago I never thought I could break a 170 and would never get in to the T14, then I never thought I could get accepted to Harvard, then I got the Rubenstein, and now Yale, and AHHHH! And I always wanted Yale, even if it wasn't ranked #1

To everyone at TLS, thank you for making this such a great community.

AHHHHHHHHHH

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Kimikho » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:55 am

BUMP

Yale wait list.

Trying not to puke. I never thought I would even be forwarded on to faculty review.

At chicago's ASW, gasped really loudly and dropped my phone.

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: How did you react when you got in?

Postby Cicero76 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 pm

scoobers wrote:BUMP

Yale wait list.

Trying not to puke. I never thought I would even be forwarded on to faculty review.

At chicago's ASW, gasped really loudly and dropped my phone.


You can do it I believe in you




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots, christinaxcarrie, hellohalo, JordanLaw15, kthrynf, samsamthomas, sjs12 and 13 guests