summer conditional programs

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aymyv71

summer conditional programs

Postby aymyv71 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Anyone knows about this?

kris4842

Re: summer conditional programs

Postby kris4842 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:45 am

Yes some schools have this where you don't have the numbers to get in but they think you are a good candidate.

katinka234

Postby katinka234 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:33 pm

This is what i received from NSU- check it out, it may provide some insight about the conditional programs.

The admissions committee has completed a thorough and thoughtful review of your application and all supporting documents you have provided. Your profile presents factors that suggest potential for success in law study. While these factors must be balanced against others that raise some questions about ultimate achievement, we believe you deserve the chance to prove your aptitude for the study and practice of law through participation in our highly-regarded Alternative Admission Model Program for Legal Education (AAMPLE®).

Nearly every student who has earned admission to the Law Center class upon successful completion of AAMPLE® has graduated and become a member of the Bar. For many, AAMPLE® was their only opportunity to attend law school and become an attorney. Admission to the fall 2014 entering class is guaranteed to AAMPLE® participants who earn an overall grade point average of 2.50 (C+) in the two AAMPLE® courses and neither grade is below a C . The two courses taught are Introduction to Fourth Amendment and Negotiable Instruments. Should you choose not to participate in AAMPLE® no further consideration will be given to your application for admission, effectively a denial of admission.

AAMPLE® participants may choose either an on-campus or an online option for the program. Beginning this year, we are offering two timeframes for AAMPLE®; an online class beginning March 10, 2014 and our traditional summer class, beginning May 12, 2014, in either the on-campus or online option.

Tuition and fees for either AAMPLE® session are $3,500. Because this is a pre-admission, conditional admission program, financial assistance is not available for AAMPLE®. Students who are admitted to the NSU Law J.D. program based on performance in AAMPLE® will receive a one-time scholarship of $3,500 which will be evenly disbursed between the fall 2014 and winter 2015 semesters. To reserve your space in AAMPLE® you must submit a nonrefundable deposit and the balance of your tuition and fees on the following schedule:

Starting March 10, 2014

Starting May 12, 2014

$300 nonrefundable deposit

Due by February 21, 2014

Due by April 4, 2014

$3200 tuition and fees balance

Due by February 28, 2014

Due by May 2, 2014

To submit your deposit and reserve your place in AAMPLE®, log in using your last name and your NSU ID ("N") number at http://www.nsulaw.nova.edu/admissioncenter/. Please be aware that space is quite limited in both formats of the program and we will not be able to accommodate your request to join the program if it arrives after we have filled the class.

Students admitted through successful performance in AAMPLE® follow the same academic program and are subject to the same requirements as those admitted directly to the class. The Shepard Broad Law Center faculty has created the Critical Skills Program (CSP), a unique team of instructors who assist students in the development of the critical reading, writing and analytical skills you need to be successful in law school, on the bar exam and in practice. CSP has several mandatory, non-credit components, including an assessment of each student’s learning style and skills; interim examinations of the first year curriculum during the fall and winter semesters; a 2L course addressing the elements of legal analysis; and a final year pre-bar exam preparation workshop. CSP is based on a collaborative learning model that will be implemented over the three year (or four for Evening Division) academic program.

I commend you for presenting an application for admission that has allowed the admissions committee to look beyond mere numbers and see the same potential you see in yourself. I am excited that you have been invited to participate in AAMPLE®. I hope you choose to accept our offer and that you go on to earn a place in the entering class; it would be my great pleasure to welcome you to the class at Orientation in mid-August. Please review all of the information about the program found on the AAMPLE® website and be sure to contact me with any questions that you may have. Just like you, I want to make it happen!

mehiguess

Postby mehiguess » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:34 pm

katinka234 wrote:This is what i received from NSU- check it out, it may provide some insight about the conditional programs.

The admissions committee has completed a thorough and thoughtful review of your application and all supporting documents you have provided. Your profile presents factors that suggest potential for success in law study. While these factors must be balanced against others that raise some questions about ultimate achievement, we believe you deserve the chance to prove your aptitude for the study and practice of law through participation in our highly-regarded Alternative Admission Model Program for Legal Education (AAMPLE®).

Nearly every student who has earned admission to the Law Center class upon successful completion of AAMPLE® has graduated and become a member of the Bar. For many, AAMPLE® was their only opportunity to attend law school and become an attorney. Admission to the fall 2014 entering class is guaranteed to AAMPLE® participants who earn an overall grade point average of 2.50 (C+) in the two AAMPLE® courses and neither grade is below a C . The two courses taught are Introduction to Fourth Amendment and Negotiable Instruments. Should you choose not to participate in AAMPLE® no further consideration will be given to your application for admission, effectively a denial of admission.

AAMPLE® participants may choose either an on-campus or an online option for the program. Beginning this year, we are offering two timeframes for AAMPLE®; an online class beginning March 10, 2014 and our traditional summer class, beginning May 12, 2014, in either the on-campus or online option.

Tuition and fees for either AAMPLE® session are $3,500. Because this is a pre-admission, conditional admission program, financial assistance is not available for AAMPLE®. Students who are admitted to the NSU Law J.D. program based on performance in AAMPLE® will receive a one-time scholarship of $3,500 which will be evenly disbursed between the fall 2014 and winter 2015 semesters. To reserve your space in AAMPLE® you must submit a nonrefundable deposit and the balance of your tuition and fees on the following schedule:

Starting March 10, 2014

Starting May 12, 2014

$300 nonrefundable deposit

Due by February 21, 2014

Due by April 4, 2014

$3200 tuition and fees balance

Due by February 28, 2014

Due by May 2, 2014

To submit your deposit and reserve your place in AAMPLE®, log in using your last name and your NSU ID ("N") number at http://www.nsulaw.nova.edu/admissioncenter/. Please be aware that space is quite limited in both formats of the program and we will not be able to accommodate your request to join the program if it arrives after we have filled the class.

Students admitted through successful performance in AAMPLE® follow the same academic program and are subject to the same requirements as those admitted directly to the class. The Shepard Broad Law Center faculty has created the Critical Skills Program (CSP), a unique team of instructors who assist students in the development of the critical reading, writing and analytical skills you need to be successful in law school, on the bar exam and in practice. CSP has several mandatory, non-credit components, including an assessment of each student’s learning style and skills; interim examinations of the first year curriculum during the fall and winter semesters; a 2L course addressing the elements of legal analysis; and a final year pre-bar exam preparation workshop. CSP is based on a collaborative learning model that will be implemented over the three year (or four for Evening Division) academic program.

I commend you for presenting an application for admission that has allowed the admissions committee to look beyond mere numbers and see the same potential you see in yourself. I am excited that you have been invited to participate in AAMPLE®. I hope you choose to accept our offer and that you go on to earn a place in the entering class; it would be my great pleasure to welcome you to the class at Orientation in mid-August. Please review all of the information about the program found on the AAMPLE® website and be sure to contact me with any questions that you may have. Just like you, I want to make it happen!

Do you plan on attending?

alanjd

Postby alanjd » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:54 am

I got something like this from Seattle University. They said I should have a decision by March.

Mauve.Dino

Postby Mauve.Dino » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 am

Yeah, Widener Law offers the same sort of program. I admit, I'm a bit skeptical about it--there's no guarantee of admittance, but they'll take your money, just the same:

http://law.widener.edu/Admissions/Disco ... ogram.aspx

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”