Georgetown Waitlist 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long are you willing to wait for some GULC love?

April
11%
May
14%
June
15%
July
16%
August
17%
Till the end of time
28%

Total votes: 94

NYSStateOfMind

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2014

Postby NYSStateOfMind » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Either they are sending those emails in batches or the rest of us slipped in through the cracks

edit: batches

dancers1126

Postby dancers1126 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Earth Dragon wrote:
dancers1126 wrote:Just got this....

Now that it’s early July, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things do sometimes have a way of changing quickly. We’re monitoring the class on a daily basis and we’re still hopeful that we will be able to contact you with good news in the future.

While we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. As I mentioned before, our next upcoming deadline is July 28th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We will give you another update by August 4th, if you haven’t heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly. They have asked me to ask you to let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at admis@law.georgetown.edu.

I got this version as well. Did you notice the email address it was sent from? It's the first time I've received anything from that address.

I noticed the e-mail address, I received e-mails from the interview@law.georgetown.edu address when they contacted me after I was wait listed and asked me to interview and my exchanges regarding the wait list thereafter were from that. After the interview they asked me if I'd come if offered admission and I said yes but just got an e-mail saying they didn't have enough spots for people who expressed interest so they'd be in touch. After that I started receiving e-mails from the generic address again. Did you interview?

Dori3

Postby Dori3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Now that it’s early July, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things do sometimes have a way of changing quickly. We’re monitoring the class on a daily basis and we’re still hopeful that we will be able to contact you with good news in the future.

While we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. As I mentioned before, our next upcoming deadline is July 28th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We will give you another update by August 4th, if you haven’t heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly. They have asked me to ask you to let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at admis@law.georgetown.edu.

Received this version as well. I also had a group interview since being waitlisted

jimmorrisonlvr

Postby jimmorrisonlvr » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:08 pm

"As you know, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you’re able to hang on a little bit longer. But, while we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. As I mentioned before, our next upcoming deadline is July 28th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We will give you another update by August 4th, if you haven’t heard from us before then. "

received from the interview email address

stugots

Postby stugots » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Got the email but with slightly different wording. Second paragraph is:

Georgetown wrote:
As you know, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you’re able to hang on a little bit longer. But, while we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. As I mentioned before, our next upcoming deadline is July 28th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We will give you another update by August 4th, if you haven’t heard from us before then.

Not reading into this at all, though, since they had slightly different wordings in previous updates as well, and those didn't seem to be at all predictive.

Re: the email address - I was also previously invited to interview through that email address, but my last two updates were from the admis@ handle.

dancers1126

Postby dancers1126 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:10 pm

jimmorrisonlvr wrote:"As you know, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you’re able to hang on a little bit longer. But, while we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. As I mentioned before, our next upcoming deadline is July 28th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We will give you another update by August 4th, if you haven’t heard from us before then. "

After my interview they told me that I was in the group they planned to turn to first as well but that was obv not the e-mail I received.

jimmorrisonlvr

Postby jimmorrisonlvr » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:17 pm

dancers1126 wrote:
jimmorrisonlvr wrote:"As you know, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you’re able to hang on a little bit longer. But, while we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. As I mentioned before, our next upcoming deadline is July 28th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We will give you another update by August 4th, if you haven’t heard from us before then. "

After my interview they told me that I was in the group they planned to turn to first as well but that was obv not the e-mail I received.

I just received this today. I'm going to withdraw. It would be much classier if their groupings were internal, and I should have left the day I discovered there was a preferred group within the preferred group. G-town is too much drama.

Dori3

Postby Dori3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Did anyone not receive an update today? According to last year, there were people who did not receive the july update email and then were admitted a few days later

dancers1126

Postby dancers1126 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:25 pm

jimmorrisonlvr wrote:
dancers1126 wrote:

I just received this today. I'm going to withdraw. It would be much classier if their groupings were internal, and I should have left the day I discovered there was a preferred group within the preferred group. G-town is too much drama.

They are quite dramatic.....and i remember you from the NYU thread, didn't you just get in? I'm quite jealous!

SparkyZZZ

Postby SparkyZZZ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Honestly, considering my abysmal/train-wreck of an interview...I can't believe I made it this far. Thank you Georgetown! There was obviously somebody on the admissions staff that was pulling for me (so thanks to that gracious lady or gentleman). Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist, and good luck to all the admits!

BTW...very nice letter. Not too flowery, not too harsh.
Last edited by SparkyZZZ on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jimmorrisonlvr

Postby jimmorrisonlvr » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:38 pm

dancers1126 wrote:
jimmorrisonlvr wrote:
dancers1126 wrote:

They are quite dramatic.....and i remember you from the NYU thread, didn't you just get in? I'm quite jealous!

Yeah, it looks like I'll be going to NYU. I'm very lucky to have been pulled from their waitlist (also, they were very drama-free about it haha).

I've been keeping other waitlist options open because there are places and circumstances that would have swayed me to go elsewhere, but I think I'm to the point where I can close other potential doors. I just emailed Georgetown to withdraw.

Earth Dragon

Postby Earth Dragon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:52 pm

dancers1126 wrote:
Earth Dragon wrote:

I got this version as well. Did you notice the email address it was sent from? It's the first time I've received anything from that address.

I noticed the e-mail address, I received e-mails from the interview@law.georgetown.edu address when they contacted me after I was wait listed and asked me to interview and my exchanges regarding the wait list thereafter were from that. After the interview they asked me if I'd come if offered admission and I said yes but just got an e-mail saying they didn't have enough spots for people who expressed interest so they'd be in touch. After that I started receiving e-mails from the generic address again. Did you interview?

I feel pretty out of place actually. I never even had an "in review" period. I went from complete to the being on the regular waiting list. I didn't interview, and my numbers are pretty low. There's obviously something they like about me, and hopefully it's enough.

gerrydawg

Postby gerrydawg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Dori3 wrote:Did anyone not receive an update today? According to last year, there were people who did not receive the july update email and then were admitted a few days later

Didn't get an update, and was on PWL. I may just call tomorrow to see what the deal is- I've got to make a decision by the end of this week and need to know if I'm going to be made an offer.

NoDayButToday

Postby NoDayButToday » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Hmm no update .. on pwl

JMCSpartan08

Postby JMCSpartan08 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Got the update. Non-"you're the first group" language. Also from "Interview" e-mail address. Never interviewed. Regular waitlist and every other communication as been from "admis."

Did anyone get an update from a non "interview" e-mail?

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Where else are the rest of you headed if this doesn't work out?

dancers1126

Postby dancers1126 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Where else are the rest of you headed if this doesn't work out?

Northwestern

olivejuice831

Postby olivejuice831 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Anyone here anything today yet? I got the update yesterday "select group to look at first, etc..." one, sent in a quick response reiterating my interest....

fingers crossed

stugots

Postby stugots » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:32 pm

I'd be surprised if there is any significant movement before the July 28th tuition deadline. But then again I've been surprised by a lot this cycle...

dancers1126

Postby dancers1126 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Edited the stats based on the recent activity from LSN:

wait list accepts: 14 (9.5% so far of those remaining on the wait list, 20.4% in last three years = 16 more expected, 12.6% chance)
wait list rejected: 6
wait list self-removal: 51
wait list remaining: 127
splitter wait list remaining: 20
splitter wait list accepts: 3 (36.8% over the last 3 years = 4 more expected, 20% chance)

SparkyZZZ

Postby SparkyZZZ » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 am

Just out of curiosity, how many of my fellow rejects this week didn't write a second LOCI?

mec246

Postby mec246 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:21 am

SparkyZZZ wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many of my fellow rejects this week didn't write a second LOCI?

I didn't write a second LOCI.

t0va89

Postby t0va89 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:29 pm

JMCSpartan08 wrote:Got the update. Non-"you're the first group" language. Also from "Interview" e-mail address. Never interviewed. Regular waitlist and every other communication as been from "admis."

Did anyone get an update from a non "interview" e-mail?

I received the same email and I truthfully have no idea why! My cousin (with a great LSAT score and army experience) got rejected this week. I didn't interview, my LSAT score is average at best (to put it mildly), and I merely sent 1 LOCI. Just goes to show you really can't predict the outcome of law school apps!

Here's to hoping.

Stupid question.. but there's no chance I can defer my potential enrollment offer until I'm a 2L or expect any sort of scholarship/financial aid this late in the game, right?

dancers1126

Postby dancers1126 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Updated stats (splitter is LSAT>median, GPA<median):

wait list accepts: 14 (8.9% of remaining, 20.4% in last three years = 15 more expected, 12.3% chance)
wait list rejected: 7
wait list self-removal: 53
wait list remaining: 122
splitter wait list remaining: 13
splitter wait list accepts: 2 (36.8% over the last 3 years = 3.52 more expected, 27% chance)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”