Georgetown Waitlist 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long are you willing to wait for some GULC love?

April
11%
May
14%
June
15%
July
16%
August
17%
Till the end of time
28%

Total votes: 94

Dori3

New

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2014

Post by Dori3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm

According to lawschoolnumbers today was someone's lucky day

hector

New

Post by hector » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Dori3 wrote:According to lawschoolnumbers today was someone's lucky day
yep. I also notice that, a reverse splitter winner.

audreywoods

New

Post by audreywoods » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:09 pm

I was held in December/ January, PWL in february, received at the top of the list if spaces are available email in May, received an email yesterday asking about being ready to attend if spots are available, and lastly, received an email from Dean Cornblatt today stating I was pretty much in. logged in to admitted students site and was successfully able to receive a pw.

PM me for details/questions!

Good luck everyone!!!!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 pm

audreywoods wrote:I was held in December/ January, PWL in february, received at the top of the list if spaces are available email in May, received an email yesterday asking about being ready to attend if spots are available, and lastly, received an email from Dean Cornblatt today stating I was pretty much in. logged in to admitted students site and was successfully able to receive a pw.

PM me for details/questions!

Good luck everyone!!!!
Congrats! Join us I'm the Class Of 2017 forum/threads!!

dancers1126

Bronze

Post by dancers1126 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:37 am

Did anyone/is anyone planning on calling admissions to ask about the update we were supposed to get?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tkaur101

New

Post by tkaur101 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:33 pm

called them today they said that they will try their best to get the update out today

LEPWU

Bronze

Post by LEPWU » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:54 pm

tkaur101 wrote:called them today they said that they will try their best to get the update out today
Argh. Getting "the" update out today makes me feel increasingly less optimistic. I want MY update!! Oh waitlist limbo how I hate you!

tkaur101

New

Post by tkaur101 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:58 pm

aww dont lose hope, maybe they are sending out an acceptance update, you never know, yh i hate waitlist limbo as well, but i am looking at law school numbers and if u look at the ppl who were accepted there are so many withdrawals, it looks like they will have space, all those who got a phone call for the most part were on the pwl so maybe they will send an automatic offer to those on the regular who they interviewed and promised something by june 6th..............u never know

LEPWU

Bronze

Post by LEPWU » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 pm

tkaur101 wrote:aww dont lose hope, maybe they are sending out an acceptance update, you never know, yh i hate waitlist limbo as well, but i am looking at law school numbers and if u look at the ppl who were accepted there are so many withdrawals, it looks like they will have space, all those who got a phone call for the most part were on the pwl so maybe they will send an automatic offer to those on the regular who they interviewed and promised something by june 6th..............u never know
Now THAT is optimism, and since I'm grasping for hope, I think I'll latch on to your vision!! Thank you for being positive and spreading a little light and goodwill.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dancers1126

Bronze

Post by dancers1126 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:12 pm

They want to protect their yield. Particularly when making offers off the wait list, think the most well get today is a feeler email. Ugh

tkaur101

New

Post by tkaur101 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:54 pm

u may b right but always think positive :) , I mean GULC has to fill a class of 500, the people with good lsats (which there are very few of) AND good gpas will rush into harvard, yale, nyu, uva, ect................they will most likely get scholarships from higher schools,they will fill the seats in places like columbia or uva or upenn ,berkely ect.......... this leaves splitters and reverse splitters, and people with equal to or less than Georgetown's 50th percentile for both, this is where cornell (big on reverse splitters), northwestern (splitters) and Georgetown come in. Remember this is the weakest applicant cycle in a long time. Georgetown according to LSN has been accepting 154 lsats with high gpas. they might go for the higher lsats to so that they could balance out . You just never know. Keep positive :)

tkaur101

New

Post by tkaur101 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:55 pm

LEPWU wrote:
tkaur101 wrote:aww dont lose hope, maybe they are sending out an acceptance update, you never know, yh i hate waitlist limbo as well, but i am looking at law school numbers and if u look at the ppl who were accepted there are so many withdrawals, it looks like they will have space, all those who got a phone call for the most part were on the pwl so maybe they will send an automatic offer to those on the regular who they interviewed and promised something by june 6th..............u never know
Now THAT is optimism, and since I'm grasping for hope, I think I'll latch on to your vision!! Thank you for being positive and spreading a little light and goodwill.
:D :)

tkaur101

New

Post by tkaur101 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:57 pm

dancers1126 wrote:They want to protect their yield. Particularly when making offers off the wait list, think the most well get today is a feeler email. Ugh
that might b true but they could have sent the update a while back, how long does it take to send a three paragraph email to a bunch of ppl at once, they could have done it on Friday too, I called them four hours ago, u never know mayb there is hope

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

collegebum1989

Bronze

Post by collegebum1989 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Don't think we will receive an update today, and if we do it will be the end of the day. I think by latest, we will receive a response by Wednesday.

Why? Because they extended some offers to WL candidates after the first deposit but before the second deposit and gave them until today to decide whether they would attend. They are probably still collecting responses and calculating the number of seats available prior to sending us an update. With over 500 deposit submissions and WL responses to account for, I imagine this process takes time and they aren't jumping the gun by sending the rest of the WL a generic email telling us there are no spaces left.

In fact, the fact that we didn't receive an update on Friday is a very positive thing. It means they either did not receive a strong deposit outcome or have not heard back from people who were accepted on the WL. If this were the case, they would have already told us to wait another month.

dancers1126

Bronze

Post by dancers1126 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:45 pm

collegebum1989 wrote:Don't think we will receive an update today, and if we do it will be the end of the day. I think by latest, we will receive a response by Wednesday.

Why? Because they extended some offers to WL candidates after the first deposit but before the second deposit and gave them until today to decide whether they would attend. They are probably still collecting responses and calculating the number of seats available prior to sending us an update. With over 500 deposit submissions and WL responses to account for, I imagine this process takes time and they aren't jumping the gun by sending the rest of the WL a generic email telling us there are no spaces left.

In fact, the fact that we didn't receive an update on Friday is a very positive thing. It means they either did not receive a strong deposit outcome or have not heard back from people who were accepted on the WL. If this were the case, they would have already told us to wait another month.
Totally agree with this logic....they also responded to my email saying they hope to get out an update today

Beercules

Bronze

Post by Beercules » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:12 pm

dancers1126 wrote:
collegebum1989 wrote:Don't think we will receive an update today, and if we do it will be the end of the day. I think by latest, we will receive a response by Wednesday.

Totally agree with this logic....they also responded to my email saying they hope to get out an update today
Devil's Advocate - then why take a few people off the WL in between updates?

collegebum1989

Bronze

Post by collegebum1989 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Beercules wrote:
dancers1126 wrote:

Devil's Advocate - then why take a few people off the WL in between updates?
To fulfill a specific need/deficiency in the class. For example, if someone with high LSAT/high GPA withdrew after putting in the first seat deposit, they would admit one reverse splitter and one splitter off the waitlist to mitigate the effect of the withdrawal on medians.

If you look at the stats for applicants admitted off the waitlists this year, there a lot of reverse splitters and/or YP. This means that their GPA median was probably lower than accepted for regular admits and they utilized the waitlist applicants to raise the medians.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dancers1126

Bronze

Post by dancers1126 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:11 pm

So no update?

tkaur101

New

Post by tkaur101 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Strange nothing yet and its 535 pm, do you think they will update after 5pm? has anyone ever received updates that late in the work day>

collegebum1989

Bronze

Post by collegebum1989 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Not that strange considering the waitlist trends from previous years.

It usually takes the office about 1-2 days to sort out responses since they are processing transfer applications as well. Both class sizes are larger for GULC than most schools. Remember they not only have to remind candidates to pay their deposits but confirm payment before going to the waitlist.

From an admissions perspective, it's easier to reach out to applicants who have already been admitted and give them an extension to pay deposits rather than take applicants off the waitlist and do the exact same thing anyway.

JMCSpartan08

New

Post by JMCSpartan08 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 am

Just got an update a few minutes ago. Regular Waitlist. "Class Full. Few if any offers in the next month. Will update again no later than July 3."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rahulg91

Bronze

Post by rahulg91 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:02 am

JMCSpartan08 wrote:Just got an update a few minutes ago. Regular Waitlist. "Class Full. Few if any offers in the next month. Will update again no later than July 3."
+1 I feel like this is the second one like this, are offers incoming?

burtmacklin

New

Post by burtmacklin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:06 am

JMCSpartan08 wrote:Just got an update a few minutes ago. Regular Waitlist. "Class Full. Few if any offers in the next month. Will update again no later than July 3."
Same but PWL

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:14 am

got same e-mail, and was "special" group on PWL. responded by finally withdrawing. good luck to anyone still hanging in there!

Rallymonkey12

New

Post by Rallymonkey12 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:16 am

Hi All - I am new to the forum. I'm on the waitlist (PWL, though it seems that those designations may not mean much this late in the game?)

I recieved the same email re: the July 3 update.

Just out of curiousity, what are everyone's contingency schools? Sorry if this question is taboo, I see that it isn't really asked, so I get the impression that it might be.

Anyways - best of luck to all! You should be proud of where you are, in or waitlist. A VAST majority of law applicants would be envious and I'm sure you have all received very impressive offers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”