Ranking the Admissions Packets - Poll Now Open

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Best Admission Packet?

Harvard
6%
Stanford
9%
Chicago
2%
NYU
8%
Penn
6%
Michigan
8%
Duke
6%
Northwestern
11%
Cornell
14%
Vanderbilt
31%

Total votes: 65

JustHawkin

Re: Ranking the Admissions Packets (Now w/ Pics!)

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:21 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:No one is going to appreciate my impeccable Seven reference? I don't mean to imply that I'm laughing at my own joke (although I definitely am), but that was the single best thing I will ever contribute to humanity.

Fucking kids.

Go home LG, you're drunk.

:lol:

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:33 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:No one is going to appreciate my impeccable Seven reference? I don't mean to imply that I'm laughing at my own joke (although I definitely am), but that was the single best thing I will ever contribute to humanity.

Fucking kids.

"If you kill him, he will win."

capt_slow

Postby capt_slow » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Oh NO!!!! What's in the BOX!!! What's the box!!!

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:02 pm

JustHawkin wrote:

Fucking kids.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

Fucking kids.

And I was! :D

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:48 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
And I was! :D

When else do we bask in our own ambience? :lol:

IgosduIkana

Re: Ranking the Admissions Packets

Postby IgosduIkana » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

vuthy wrote:
gta wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Someone describe what's in Vandy's great packet, please. I got a package from them last year, but it was just a bunch of brochures and stuff.

Standard envelope with admission letter and ASW/scholarship/seat deposit information
Bunch of colorful "Fast Fact" sheets about everything Vandy
64-page Faculty Guide
48-page view book
52-page Vanderbilt Law magazine (Summer 2013 edition)
203-page Obiter Dictum written by VLS students with miscellaneous things to know about VLS and Nashville
"Business Images" magazine about Nashville
VLS bumper sticker

Good god that looks like some cafepress ish you'd whip up for your high school rock band in 5 minutes.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:00 am

Are there any pics of the Stanford moleskin?

scorneli

Postby scorneli » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:08 pm

The Cornell and Northwestern acceptance packets were beautiful. I can't post images yet but the links are both there.

Cornell's had a (7in by 5in) cloth-bound book with lots of information on...well pretty much everything involving the law school, Ithaca, and just...yeah everything. Cloth was a gorgeous-looking red. Came in a small pizza-box style thing as well.

http://imgur.com/06mqq12

Northwestern's was a mixed matte/glossy black and it kind of slid out like a DVD in a sleeve. It was a good weight. Inside was a bold purple notebook and other fancy things. Very sleek!

http://imgur.com/DaaEUZJ

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:11 pm

scorneli wrote:The Cornell and Northwestern acceptance packets were beautiful. I can't post images yet but the links are both there.

Cornell's had a (7in by 5in) cloth-bound book with lots of information on...well pretty much everything involving the law school, Ithaca, and just...yeah everything. Cloth was a gorgeous-looking red. Came in a small pizza-box style thing as well.

Northwestern's was a mixed matte/glossy black and it kind of slid out like a DVD in a sleeve. It was a good weight. Inside was a bold purple notebook and other fancy things. Very sleek!

Oh Cornell looks awesome! How long after acceptance did you have to wait to get it?

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:00 pm

scorneli wrote:The Cornell and Northwestern acceptance packets were beautiful. I can't post images yet but the links are both there.

Man those are purty. :D

scorneli

Postby scorneli » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Bajam wrote:Oh Cornell looks awesome! How long after acceptance did you have to wait to get it?

I was accepted in late November and received it just about a week ago. I'm not sure when they started sending them out though, which will be more pertinent to the question of when other accepted students will get theirs!

Vincent

Postby Vincent » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Are there any pics of the Stanford moleskin?

Mine got a bit beat up so I stopped carrying it around. I'll post the rest later. I believe we used to give out T-shirts, though.

applelover

Postby applelover » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Vincent wrote:

Mine got a bit beat up so I stopped carrying it around. I'll post the rest later. I believe we used to give out T-shirts, though.

I took the orange Moleskin part off :oops: :oops:

vuthy

Postby vuthy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Bajam wrote:

Oh Cornell looks awesome! How long after acceptance did you have to wait to get it?

Yeah I have to say that Cornell book is definitely in the running. If you're bored, more angles/pics would be great.

Vincent

Postby Vincent » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Wow, schools are really upping their game. The Cornell one reminds me of how the new Macbook Pros are shipped.

As a side note, some of us (like me) are posting outdated packets. We should probably post what cycle they were for, too.

(Last year, Northwestern gave out a fancy leather folder - the type you see every person with at a career fair. It was really pretty, but I'll never be able to use it...)

Vincent

Postby Vincent » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:15 pm

applelover wrote:
Vincent wrote:

By "oops", do you mean that you ripped it? Mine slides on and off...

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for the moleskin picture! :)

Postby 052220151 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Cornell just sent a cloth bound book. It's really nice.

Vincent

Postby Vincent » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Thanks for the moleskin picture! :)

You're welcome! Good luck with your cycle.

coolbean2013

Postby coolbean2013 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:

Man those are purty. :D

That is pretty snazzy!

Wildcats17

Postby Wildcats17 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Not sure if this has been said but the NU package has the same Moleskin as Stanford, or so it looks.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Wildcats17 wrote:Not sure if this has been said but the NU package has the same Moleskin as Stanford, or so it looks.

Does it have the "SLS" on it? Because that would be a little weird.

applelover

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 am

Vincent wrote:
applelover wrote:
Vincent wrote:

[img]moleskine[/img]

By "oops", do you mean that you ripped it? Mine slides on and off...

Yea. I was so excited at first I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. I just wanted to start writing in it.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:14 am

scorneli wrote:
Bajam wrote:Oh Cornell looks awesome! How long after acceptance did you have to wait to get it?

I was accepted in late November and received it just about a week ago. I'm not sure when they started sending them out though, which will be more pertinent to the question of when other accepted students will get theirs!

Oh jeesh, I hope I get mine soon lol

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”