Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HUSL
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:38 am

Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby HUSL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:44 am

This forum is for all of the prospective HUSL Students !!

My application went Complete - 12/10 Under Review - 12/13 and I was Accepted (w/ scholly) - 12/17

Strongly considering this Law School in the fall

Strongfaithgirl
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby Strongfaithgirl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:51 am

waitlisted :(

Law_Ambitions
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby Law_Ambitions » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Waitlisted here as well.

flat-fifth
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby flat-fifth » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Admitted 12/17.

doubledawg3378
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby doubledawg3378 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 pm

In 12/17 as well!

robertegray
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:06 am

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby robertegray » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:13 am

Hey everyone:

I am a 2L at HUSL. If you have any questions or want to get an inside scoop, holla at me. I am not on TLS like that anymore so just shoot me an e-mail (see below). Congratulations and good luck wherever you decide to go!

Sincerely,

Rob
robertegray@hotmail.com

almostperfect
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby almostperfect » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Submitted my app on 03/04 got an email stating it was complete on 03/05 they say 8-10 weeks anyone have a time estimate other than that at this point during the cycle? THANKS!!

jacketyellow
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby jacketyellow » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:51 pm

almostperfect wrote:Submitted my app on 03/04 got an email stating it was complete on 03/05 they say 8-10 weeks anyone have a time estimate other than that at this point during the cycle? THANKS!!


You'll hear from the law school in about 4 to 5 days.

I'm a prospective/admitted candidate. Applied and complete on 2/4 and I was admitted with a scholarship on 2/5.

almostperfect
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby almostperfect » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:55 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
almostperfect wrote:Submitted my app on 03/04 got an email stating it was complete on 03/05 they say 8-10 weeks anyone have a time estimate other than that at this point during the cycle? THANKS!!


You'll hear from the law school in about 4 to 5 days.

I'm a prospective/admitted candidate. Applied and complete on 2/4 and I was admitted with a scholarship on 2/5.


That would be great! Definitely hoping for a smooth ride! *sigh* and I thought waiting for my LSAT score was nerve wracking...-_-

alphalaw
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby alphalaw » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Application complete 3/4

Accepted 3/7

Strongly considering matriculating as well...

almostperfect
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby almostperfect » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 pm

So my application is still under review, but it has updated to reflect enrollment fee/seat deposit...should I read into that at all? Thanks!!!! This is slowly killing me.

User avatar
kandi007
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby kandi007 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:43 pm

almostperfect wrote:So my application is still under review, but it has updated to reflect enrollment fee/seat deposit...should I read into that at all? Thanks!!!! This is slowly killing me.


I know the feeling...ever since getting accepted to 1 law school I cant stop checking application status checkers.. I finally got my application status checker info today :D I dont know what yours means but hopefully its good news...good luck! :D

KeishaCole
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby KeishaCole » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:27 pm

kandi007 wrote:
almostperfect wrote:So my application is still under review, but it has updated to reflect enrollment fee/seat deposit...should I read into that at all? Thanks!!!! This is slowly killing me.


I know the feeling...ever since getting accepted to 1 law school I cant stop checking application status checkers.. I finally got my application status checker info today :D I dont know what yours means but hopefully its good news...good luck! :D


Hey! I applied 3/15. Went complete today, 3/19. Where is the "status checker" located? I didn't even know Howard had one.... Hope they get back to me quickly. 8-10 weeks seems like a crazy long time.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby BankruptMe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:17 pm

so HU uses status checkers?

I never knew. But I guess that is because it is taking forever for the college certification to get there.

jacketyellow
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby jacketyellow » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 pm

BankruptMe wrote:so HU uses status checkers?

I never knew. But I guess that is because it is taking forever for the college certification to get there.


Yes, it uses status checkers. You don't get a login until you're actually admitted, though. I don't understand that practice unless it's to update you on submitting your deposits and the like.

KeishaCole
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby KeishaCole » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:14 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:so HU uses status checkers?

I never knew. But I guess that is because it is taking forever for the college certification to get there.


Yes, it uses status checkers. You don't get a login until you're actually admitted, though. I don't understand that practice unless it's to update you on submitting your deposits and the like.


Yea... they do use status checkers. Confirmed via email today. They still haven't made a decision on my file, but did email me with the user name and password for the status checker. Yay.... I think :lol:

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby BankruptMe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:59 pm

KeishaCole wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:so HU uses status checkers?

I never knew. But I guess that is because it is taking forever for the college certification to get there.


Yes, it uses status checkers. You don't get a login until you're actually admitted, though. I don't understand that practice unless it's to update you on submitting your deposits and the like.


Yea... they do use status checkers. Confirmed via email today. They still haven't made a decision on my file, but did email me with the user name and password for the status checker. Yay.... I think :lol:


Does it reflect how much your seat deposit is, etc? If so then you are more than likely in.

I went complete on 3/20. So let's see.

lew2016
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby lew2016 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Hey everyone i am currently a 1L at HUSL. Its a great school with great people, im glad i came here because i doubt there is any other law school with the atmosphere that Howard provides. Feel free to email me with any questions about admission process, law school prep, etc

lewis_sutton@yahoo.com

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Anything new?

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby <DC> » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:44 pm

lew2016 wrote:Hey everyone i am currently a 1L at HUSL. Its a great school with great people, im glad i came here because i doubt there is any other law school with the atmosphere that Howard provides. Feel free to email me with any questions about admission process, law school prep, etc

lewis_sutton@yahoo.com


What is does this mean?? Can you expound??

User avatar
kandi007
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby kandi007 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:14 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Anything new?


nope...still waiting with bated breath....and trying not to check the status checker 100 times a day

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:54 pm

kandi007 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Anything new?


nope...still waiting with bated breath....and trying not to check the status checker 100 times a day


atleast you have one

User avatar
kandi007
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby kandi007 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:33 am

Movement anyone?

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby BankruptMe » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 am

kandi007 wrote:Movement anyone?


Sent a why howard essay...got an email back saying they will add it to my file.

User avatar
kandi007
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: Howard Law C/O 2017 !!

Postby kandi007 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 pm

I sent a LOCI hoping it would speed up the process some...but still waiting




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”