Lewis and Clark c/o 2017 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alanjd

New

Re: Lewis and Clark c/o 2017

Post by alanjd » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Withdrew.

Great school but I have other great offers. Good luck to you all!

fluffle277

New

Post by fluffle277 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Many people have posted about attempting to negotiate scholarships-- have you been successful?? Lewis and Clark offered me the lowest scholly $ out of any school by far...

If you've been successful, any tips?

Magical Trevor

Bronze

Post by Magical Trevor » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:27 pm

While I can't speak to negotiating personally, my advice would be to ask earlier rather than later and just do so respectfully. I met someone at and accepted students weekend who wanted to attend but was concerned about finances. They weren't sure what to do and one of the profs told them to just go ask the financial aid office. They did and by the end of the day they had a positive outcome.

deegol

New

Post by deegol » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:32 pm

fluffle277 wrote:Many people have posted about attempting to negotiate scholarships-- have you been successful?? Lewis and Clark offered me the lowest scholly $ out of any school by far...

If you've been successful, any tips?
I was fairly successful. Use peer schools that offered you $$ and use the general outline that's going around on TLS (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 22&t=79373)

pastaparty

New

Post by pastaparty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:03 pm

I just heard today I got a 30K scholarship. Anyone else? Was debating giving a seat deposit, and now this has made my decision a lot tougher. One day before the seat deposit deadline!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clemenza

New

Post by clemenza » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Just got accepted off the waitlist today! Sent in my LOCI this morning, got an email from the Dean less than 12 hours later.

Given that this is a top school, I was hoping for some more money. A competing school offered me substantially more money. Anyone have luck negotiating with Financial Aid? How did you go about it if you did?

rosebowlchamps100

New

Post by rosebowlchamps100 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 am

Accepted off the waitlist with $$. I love Portland but never having lived there, I'm worried about how potential employers would look at me. Probably will be withdrawing soon :/

ETA: Any non-PNW peeps wanna PM me about why they are going to L&C and how they plan on entering the market in Portland? Can't stop thinking about this school

annie321

New

Post by annie321 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:08 am

For those of you have been hearing back this week about scholarships & acceptances - are you hearing back via email or standard mail? And did you initially find out you were accepted/waitlisted through email or regular mail?

Thanks for your replies! I applied quite late (mid-March) & am still waiting to hear back..

clemenza

New

Post by clemenza » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:28 pm

annie321 wrote:For those of you have been hearing back this week about scholarships & acceptances - are you hearing back via email or standard mail? And did you initially find out you were accepted/waitlisted through email or regular mail?

Thanks for your replies! I applied quite late (mid-March) & am still waiting to hear back..
I heard back about the scholarship in my acceptance email. Full financial information will be in the acceptance package. Haven't received mine yet, but I imagine it will be here early next week.

I found out I was waitlised by email and that I was accepted off of the waitlist by email.

Hope this helps.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”