UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 pm

abucking wrote:
PattyCake wrote:Just went UR today. Looks like most decisions have come within about 1-2 weeks of going under review, fingers crossed!



Ooooh good luck. Crossing my fingers for you


Thanks! You too!

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:55 pm

My app just went into review this morning...fingers crossed.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:06 pm

CuffsgoKlick wrote:My app just went into review this morning...fingers crossed.


Nice, good luck! I had a date change today, still under review...

abucking
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:12 pm

CuffsgoKlick wrote:My app just went into review this morning...fingers crossed.



OMG!!! good luck!!!!!!!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!!! I'm having chest pains for you, so you needn't bother having ones of your own.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 pm

abucking wrote:
CuffsgoKlick wrote:My app just went into review this morning...fingers crossed.



OMG!!! good luck!!!!!!!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!!! I'm having chest pains for you, so you needn't bother having ones of your own.


I had a nightmare last night in which it turned out the UConn admissions office had a running contest to see which applicant checked his or her status the most often, and then rejected the winner. Needless to say, I won the contest. Then this morning my status date changed. Coincidence?!!!!!

abucking
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:33 pm

PattyCake wrote:
abucking wrote:
CuffsgoKlick wrote:My app just went into review this morning...fingers crossed.



OMG!!! good luck!!!!!!!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!!! I'm having chest pains for you, so you needn't bother having ones of your own.


I had a nightmare last night in which it turned out the UConn admissions office had a running contest to see which applicant checked his or her status the most often, and then rejected the winner. Needless to say, I won the contest. Then this morning my status date changed. Coincidence?!!!!!



That's a horrible dream! I think your dream means that you will be accepted.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:31 pm

abucking wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
abucking wrote:
CuffsgoKlick wrote:My app just went into review this morning...fingers crossed.



OMG!!! good luck!!!!!!!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!!! I'm having chest pains for you, so you needn't bother having ones of your own.


I had a nightmare last night in which it turned out the UConn admissions office had a running contest to see which applicant checked his or her status the most often, and then rejected the winner. Needless to say, I won the contest. Then this morning my status date changed. Coincidence?!!!!!



That's a horrible dream! I think your dream means that you will be accepted.


Not likely. Their website posted a notice that all classes after 3:30 are cancelled due to the snow. I'm not holding my breath for a batch today... :-(

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby amh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:10 pm

In via phone call just now!!!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Dwaldrep wrote:In via phone call just now!!!

They do phone calls?

abucking
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:23 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Dwaldrep wrote:In via phone call just now!!!

They do phone calls?



Huh. Thought they only did email. Who called you?

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby amh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:24 pm

If I remember correctly, it was the associate dean of admissions. She said that they just finished reviewing my application and really liked it and that they are admitting me.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Dwaldrep wrote:If I remember correctly, it was the associate dean of admissions. She said that they just finished reviewing my application and really liked it and that they are admitting me.

Damn, they must have really liked you! CT resident?

abucking
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:31 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Dwaldrep wrote:If I remember correctly, it was the associate dean of admissions. She said that they just finished reviewing my application and really liked it and that they are admitting me.

Damn, they must have really liked you! CT resident?



CONGRATULATIONS!!

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Wow!! Congratulations!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Wow, that's great - congrats!

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby amh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:57 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Dwaldrep wrote:If I remember correctly, it was the associate dean of admissions. She said that they just finished reviewing my application and really liked it and that they are admitting me.

Damn, they must have really liked you! CT resident?


I guess so! :D No, I'm out of state.

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby amh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks guys!! :D :D :D

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Did you post on LSN too? One person got in on that site but with a diff. S/N.

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby amh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 pm

CuffsgoKlick wrote:Did you post on LSN too? One person got in on that site but with a diff. S/N.


No, I don't have a LSN account.

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Oh ok. Thanks, they must have got a few in today.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 am

Anyone else have this concern? So I applied to like, 12 schools. As I went through each school's app and edited my essays for each one they got better and better. I'm now realizing that my early apps are less polished, and I was rejected from the first two schools I submitted to, admitted to the last 3. Uconn was third on my list. Boo for applying to my top choices first, obviously not my best judgement...

calmenda
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby calmenda » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:17 am

I applied to my lowest ranked schools first. My thought was that if I made a mistake It would have less of an impact than with my top 20 reach schools.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 am

calmenda wrote:I applied to my lowest ranked schools first. My thought was that if I made a mistake It would have less of an impact than with my top 20 reach schools.

This.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 am

JustHawkin wrote:
calmenda wrote:I applied to my lowest ranked schools first. My thought was that if I made a mistake It would have less of an impact than with my top 20 reach schools.

This.


I applied as fee waivers came in, my top choices happened to come in first, should have waited. I didn't make any mistakes, I just notice that my later ones flow a little better. :-(

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 am

PattyCake wrote:I applied as fee waivers came in, my top choices happened to come in first, should have waited. I didn't make any mistakes, I just notice that my later ones flow a little better. :-(

It happens, no point in beating yourself up over it now. You could also be your harshest critic, or however the saying goes. :lol:

If you feel you didn't perform as well as you thought you could, I would give sitting out a cycle serious thought later on down the road. Especially if those choices are still haunting you come March/April.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ac8876a, carlos_danger, cyclawps, DrRighteous, malysh, ray.bee, ThorB, yuppitsme and 14 guests