UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PattyCake

Bronze
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Just received financial aid package. I will almost definitely be attending! Withdrawing other apps tonight

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:10 pm

PattyCake wrote:Just received financial aid package. I will almost definitely be attending! Withdrawing other apps tonight

This is awesome! Glad everything worked out for you!!!

:mrgreen:

User avatar
PattyCake

Bronze
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:49 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
PattyCake wrote:Just received financial aid package. I will almost definitely be attending! Withdrawing other apps tonight

This is awesome! Glad everything worked out for you!!!

:mrgreen:


Thanks! My husband left work early when I called to tell him, we're off to celebrate! Have you decided where you're attending for sure?

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:02 pm

PattyCake wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
PattyCake wrote:Just received financial aid package. I will almost definitely be attending! Withdrawing other apps tonight

This is awesome! Glad everything worked out for you!!!

:mrgreen:


Thanks! My husband left work early when I called to tell him, we're off to celebrate! Have you decided where you're attending for sure?

I cleansed the herd, but have not yet decided. Doesn't help that I have 8 waitlists :roll:

abucking

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:11 pm

calmenda wrote:Have any part time applicants heard back? I submitted in November and have yet to hear back.

I am an in-state applicant.


I was waitlisted--PT in-state

User avatar
BankruptMe

Silver
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:29 pm

abucking wrote:
calmenda wrote:Have any part time applicants heard back? I submitted in November and have yet to hear back.

I am an in-state applicant.


I was waitlisted--PT in-state


When did you hear back.

abucking

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
abucking wrote:
calmenda wrote:Have any part time applicants heard back? I submitted in November and have yet to hear back.

I am an in-state applicant.


I was waitlisted--PT in-state


When did you hear back.


I heard back about February 20th. I went complete 11/25. I think I went under review around January?? You should definitely give them a call.

User avatar
BankruptMe

Silver
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:17 pm

abucking wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:
abucking wrote:
calmenda wrote:Have any part time applicants heard back? I submitted in November and have yet to hear back.

I am an in-state applicant.


I was waitlisted--PT in-state


When did you hear back.


I heard back about February 20th. I went complete 11/25. I think I went under review around January?? You should definitely give them a call.


I did, they said "we cant give you an exact answer, you have to be patient, blah blah blah."

dean414

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby dean414 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 am

Who's planning on going to ASD?

scp08004

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby scp08004 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:52 am

So, I've heard mixed advice on this, and I wanted to get your opinions. Are any of you guys doing any pre-law school prep?

User avatar
PattyCake

Bronze
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am

scp08004 wrote:So, I've heard mixed advice on this, and I wanted to get your opinions. Are any of you guys doing any pre-law school prep?


I'm not doing a class or anything but I'm sure I'll be looking up all the "what to expects" wherever I can find them, or maybe getting a prep book of some kind. Are you talking about a class?

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:11 am

PattyCake wrote:
scp08004 wrote:So, I've heard mixed advice on this, and I wanted to get your opinions. Are any of you guys doing any pre-law school prep?


I'm not doing a class or anything but I'm sure I'll be looking up all the "what to expects" wherever I can find them, or maybe getting a prep book of some kind. Are you talking about a class?

Getting to maybe is TCR. Then just chill and mentally relax.

User avatar
#NotACop

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:00 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby #NotACop » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:13 am

I was thinking just getting to maybe, especially since the author was a former Dean of UCONN Law.

User avatar
#NotACop

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:00 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby #NotACop » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 am

JustHawkin wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
scp08004 wrote:So, I've heard mixed advice on this, and I wanted to get your opinions. Are any of you guys doing any pre-law school prep?


I'm not doing a class or anything but I'm sure I'll be looking up all the "what to expects" wherever I can find them, or maybe getting a prep book of some kind. Are you talking about a class?

Getting to maybe is TCR. Then just chill and mentally relax.



I've also sat in on a few classes and started to network with a lot of people. May just make life easier post-law school.

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 am

#NotACop wrote:I was thinking just getting to maybe, especially since the author was a former Dean of UCONN Law.

With that username, you need to be around more often.

180.

User avatar
#NotACop

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:00 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby #NotACop » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:23 am

JustHawkin wrote:
#NotACop wrote:I was thinking just getting to maybe, especially since the author was a former Dean of UCONN Law.

With that username, you need to be around more often.

180.


Oh I plan on it, I can't wait to start at UCONN this fall. Now I just have to figure out how to upload a fat cop avatar (preferably eating a donut.) I tried before but it told me the image was too large :/

User avatar
PattyCake

Bronze
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 am

JustHawkin are you going to ASD? If you're on the fence you should go, the campus is awesome and meeting Faculty/administration was a huge push for me toward UConn.

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 am

PattyCake wrote:JustHawkin are you going to ASD? If you're on the fence you should go, the campus is awesome and meeting Faculty/administration was a huge push for me toward UConn.

This Saturday, correct?

dean414

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby dean414 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:35 am

It is this saturday

User avatar
PattyCake

Bronze
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
PattyCake wrote:JustHawkin are you going to ASD? If you're on the fence you should go, the campus is awesome and meeting Faculty/administration was a huge push for me toward UConn.

This Saturday, correct?


I think so. I'm not able to go up again this weekend but you should definitely check it out! I will be seriously disappointed if I never get to meet you and get you to make the face in your avatar. Seriously.

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:01 pm

PattyCake wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
PattyCake wrote:JustHawkin are you going to ASD? If you're on the fence you should go, the campus is awesome and meeting Faculty/administration was a huge push for me toward UConn.

This Saturday, correct?


I think so. I'm not able to go up again this weekend but you should definitely check it out! I will be seriously disappointed if I never get to meet you and get you to make the face in your avatar. Seriously.

Haha, that face is made a lot more often than one would think...

and I live so close to the school and have seen it a million times, it makes me debate if it is worth the precious Saturday "PJ during the day" time...

User avatar
#NotACop

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:00 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby #NotACop » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:12 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
PattyCake wrote:JustHawkin are you going to ASD? If you're on the fence you should go, the campus is awesome and meeting Faculty/administration was a huge push for me toward UConn.

This Saturday, correct?


I think so. I'm not able to go up again this weekend but you should definitely check it out! I will be seriously disappointed if I never get to meet you and get you to make the face in your avatar. Seriously.

Haha, that face is made a lot more often than one would think...

and I live so close to the school and have seen it a million times, it makes me debate if it is worth the precious Saturday "PJ during the day" time...



Just show up in PJs, what could go wrong?

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:15 pm

#NotACop wrote:
Just show up in PJs, what could go wrong?


Touche.

#NotACop wrote:Oh I plan on it, I can't wait to start at UCONN this fall. Now I just have to figure out how to upload a fat cop avatar (preferably eating a donut.) I tried before but it told me the image was too large :/

Try googling a picture editing website. I think I may have used tinypic.com?

Marquis

Bronze
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby Marquis » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:44 am

I just withdrew my app. Hope my seat goes to one of you lovely people!

User avatar
PattyCake

Bronze
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:47 am

Marquis wrote:I just withdrew my app. Hope my seat goes to one of you lovely people!


Good luck, have a great first semester!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 10 guests