UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jac101689
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby jac101689 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Hello!

Went complete 11/13.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 am

Glad someone finall started this! Complete 12/5.
In-state?

torresash14
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby torresash14 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Complete 11/5, but "Application in Review" since 11/6.

jac101689
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby jac101689 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 pm

In-state indeed. You?

Funny: I've been complete, period, since 11/13.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Out of state with ties. Despite TLS's concensus on Tier 2 schools, as long as you hustle UConn isn't a bad investment for those who want to stay in CT.
Last edited by JustHawkin on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jac101689
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby jac101689 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:08 pm

UConn is way up there on my list despite being one of the lower-ranked schools I applied to.

It has a good social-work program, and I'm interested in a JD/MSW. It makes immediate financial sense, of course; and, although I'm not sure how strong CT's legal market is, there's a lot going on here in nonprofits and human services so I don't worry too much.

User avatar
ConnD
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby ConnD » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:59 am

Checking in. In-state. Complete 11/13 and no movement since.

On LSN people had gotten acceptances by this time last year... weird

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:07 pm

ConnD wrote:Checking in. In-state. Complete 11/13 and no movement since.

On LSN people had gotten acceptances by this time last year... weird

The closer you get to the holidays, the longer it takes for Uconn to move the chains.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Went complete 11/13, nothing since then. I don't see any acceptances on LSN yet either, just a whole lot of "pending."

User avatar
ConnD
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby ConnD » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:27 pm

finally went into review today! 12/17

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 am

Checking in too. In-state, non-traditional for evenings. Went complete on 12/4...crickets...

abucking
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:00 am

CuffsgoKlick wrote:Checking in too. In-state, non-traditional for evenings. Went complete on 12/4...crickets...


Hey Cuffs!! As you already know, I'm in your boat too. Went complete 11/25, with no movement since.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:14 am

From what I hear, status checker doesn't have much movement until a decision is rendered.
Is anyone going to the open houses? I might go to the 1/30 open house.

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 pm

JustHawkin wrote:From what I hear, status checker doesn't have much movement until a decision is rendered.
Is anyone going to the open houses? I might go to the 1/30 open house.


I went to the open house in October. It wasn't bad, especially if you haven't been to the campus before. There was a meet and greet and refreshments with the Dean of Admissions, a guest speaker, a Q and A with some current students, and a tour.

Has anyone applied to Western or Quinnipiac? I heard back from Western within a week though nothing from Quinnipiac yet.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:44 pm

CuffsgoKlick wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:From what I hear, status checker doesn't have much movement until a decision is rendered.
Is anyone going to the open houses? I might go to the 1/30 open house.


I went to the open house in October. It wasn't bad, especially if you haven't been to the campus before. There was a meet and greet and refreshments with the Dean of Admissions, a guest speaker, a Q and A with some current students, and a tour.

Has anyone applied to Western or Quinnipiac? I heard back from Western within a week though nothing from Quinnipiac yet.


I went under review at QU mid-December, haven't heard anything back yet. Same with UConn, but my application went complete mid-November. Long wait...

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:48 am

.
Last edited by JustHawkin on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ConnD
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby ConnD » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:09 pm

I got my acceptance email yesterday. I went complete on 11/13 and went under review on 12/17.

make sure so check you spam folder, that's where my email was.

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:17 pm

ConnD wrote:I got my acceptance email yesterday. I went complete on 11/13 and went under review on 12/17.

make sure so check you spam folder, that's where my email was.



Awesome!! Congrats!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:49 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
CuffsgoKlick wrote:Has anyone applied to Western or Quinnipiac? I heard back from Western within a week though nothing from Quinnipiac yet.


PattyCake wrote:I went under review at QU mid-December, haven't heard anything back yet. Same with UConn, but my application went complete mid-November. Long wait...



Because I don't feel like getting ouTTTed for making a QU thread, I just got a decision at QU yesterday.


QU: My status checker says "decision mailed 1/7" and there are two seat deposit dates/amounts that weren't there before. No email though... Would they add deposit dates and send a rejection letter at the same time? That would be the worst glitch ever.

torresash14
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby torresash14 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Got my acceptance email yesterday!

abucking
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 am

PattyCake wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
CuffsgoKlick wrote:Has anyone applied to Western or Quinnipiac? I heard back from Western within a week though nothing from Quinnipiac yet.


PattyCake wrote:I went under review at QU mid-December, haven't heard anything back yet. Same with UConn, but my application went complete mid-November. Long wait...



Because I don't feel like getting ouTTTed for making a QU thread, I just got a decision at QU yesterday.


QU: My status checker says "decision mailed 1/7" and there are two seat deposit dates/amounts that weren't there before. No email though... Would they add deposit dates and send a rejection letter at the same time? That would be the worst glitch ever.


Still under review at QU since 12/9...application complete at UConn since 11/25 with no movement since. As far as the seat deposit section on the status checker, I don't think it really has anything to do with the decision that was made, because I had those in mine for both QU and UConn from day one.

The waiting is very hard. I'll keep my eye on this thread for more acceptances.

abucking
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby abucking » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 am

torresash14 wrote:Got my acceptance email yesterday!



CONGRATULATIONS!!

User avatar
CuffsgoKlick
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby CuffsgoKlick » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm

torresash14 wrote:Got my acceptance email yesterday!


Congrats!!

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby Quan292 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Accepted 1-6 didnt find out until today because email was sent to spam folder!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: UConn c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby PattyCake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 am

abucking wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
CuffsgoKlick wrote:Has anyone applied to Western or Quinnipiac? I heard back from Western within a week though nothing from Quinnipiac yet.


PattyCake wrote:I went under review at QU mid-December, haven't heard anything back yet. Same with UConn, but my application went complete mid-November. Long wait...



Because I don't feel like getting ouTTTed for making a QU thread, I just got a decision at QU yesterday.


QU: My status checker says "decision mailed 1/7" and there are two seat deposit dates/amounts that weren't there before. No email though... Would they add deposit dates and send a rejection letter at the same time? That would be the worst glitch ever.


Still under review at QU since 12/9...application complete at UConn since 11/25 with no movement since. As far as the seat deposit section on the status checker, I don't think it really has anything to do with the decision that was made, because I had those in mine for both QU and UConn from day one.

The waiting is very hard. I'll keep my eye on this thread for more acceptances.


It wasn't the section that was new, it was actual dates and $ amounts that showed up after my status changed to "Decision Mailed." The section was always there, but once my status changed it listed specific deposit info. I got my email a few hours later accepting me. If you see a decision was mailed on your status checker and you have dates listed in April/June for deposits, I'm guessing that means you're in. It would be cruel if they added that info before rejecting you.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, katthegreat11, nynina, Tomthecat, ZEROL27 and 30 guests