Marquette Class of 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wisc130
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby wisc130 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:36 pm

went complete last weekend; a little late but hopefully there's still some merit aid floating around!
Last edited by wisc130 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bugsy33
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby bugsy33 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm

In with 18k/yr NO STIPS.

That's not a terrible deal, but I'm not totally sold on Marquette. You would think the employment stats would be better for a state with only two law schools. Law building looks amazing though.

wisc130
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby wisc130 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:34 am

Admitted by snail mail, no info on scholarships yet.
Last edited by wisc130 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wisc130
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby wisc130 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Accepted--looks like I'll be at MU this fall.

User avatar
hollybrianna
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby hollybrianna » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:55 pm

wisc130 wrote:Admitted by snail mail, no info on scholarships yet.

Did your status checker change? And when did you submit?

wisc130
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby wisc130 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:04 pm

hollybrianna wrote:
wisc130 wrote:Admitted by snail mail, no info on scholarships yet.

Did your status checker change? And when did you submit?


I submitted the last week of February. My status checker changed to notification mailed three weeks later, and the next day I received a single page letter indicating admission. A more substantial packet and several emails with additional information came several days later.

User avatar
hollybrianna
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby hollybrianna » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:38 pm

wisc130 wrote:
hollybrianna wrote:
wisc130 wrote:Admitted by snail mail, no info on scholarships yet.

Did your status checker change? And when did you submit?


I submitted the last week of February. My status checker changed to notification mailed three weeks later, and the next day I received a single page letter indicating admission. A more substantial packet and several emails with additional information came several days later.


hm, okay. I submitted the first week in March, so hopefully I will hear back soon...

Did they send any scholarship info?

wisc130
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby wisc130 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:46 pm

hollybrianna wrote:
wisc130 wrote:
hollybrianna wrote:
wisc130 wrote:Admitted by snail mail, no info on scholarships yet.

Did your status checker change? And when did you submit?


I submitted the last week of February. My status checker changed to notification mailed three weeks later, and the next day I received a single page letter indicating admission. A more substantial packet and several emails with additional information came several days later.


hm, okay. I submitted the first week in March, so hopefully I will hear back soon...

Did they send any scholarship info?


Yes, received it today. Pm'd.

MSXJen
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby MSXJen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Should I expect to receive a decision by email AND snail mail? I applied late in the game (went complete on July 3) for the part time evening program and I’m still waiting for a decision. Thanks!

wisc130
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby wisc130 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:36 pm

MSXJen wrote:Should I expect to receive a decision by email AND snail mail? I applied late in the game (went complete on July 3) for the part time evening program and I’m still waiting for a decision. Thanks!


I received a decision by snail mail only. Everything I've read indicated that they never send decisions via email. Because you are fairly late in the game, however, you might be an exception. Keep an eye on the status checker as it should indicate when the decision has been mailed. Then you just have to wait on the postal service.

MSXJen
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby MSXJen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:47 pm

wisc130 wrote:
MSXJen wrote:Should I expect to receive a decision by email AND snail mail? I applied late in the game (went complete on July 3) for the part time evening program and I’m still waiting for a decision. Thanks!


I received a decision by snail mail only. Everything I've read indicated that they never send decisions via email. Because you are fairly late in the game, however, you might be an exception. Keep an eye on the status checker as it should indicate when the decision has been mailed. Then you just have to wait on the postal service.


I've heard some people get it by email and snail mail and some people get a phone call. Even though the status checker says that all decisions will be mailed....

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just getting anxious.

acerqueira11
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby acerqueira11 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:58 am

Hi everyone! Prospective MU Law student. I was accepted with a decent sized scholarship. Wondering if any of you decided to attend and how do you like it? Also, did any of you negotiate scholarships and if so how hard was it?

wisc130
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby wisc130 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:33 am

-
Last edited by wisc130 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bananagram5
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:48 am

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby bananagram5 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:24 pm

I was accepted 2 weeks ago but nothing yet on scholly (I'm above the 75th percentile for LSAT and GPA) - anyone in the same boat?

acerqueira11
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby acerqueira11 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:06 pm

bananagram5 wrote:I was accepted 2 weeks ago but nothing yet on scholly (I'm above the 75th percentile for LSAT and GPA) - anyone in the same boat?



Wrong thread! Check Marquette Class of 2019! I received my scholly info last week with worse numbers than you.

Smitty7049
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Marquette Class of 2017

Postby Smitty7049 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

If any current Marquette students are reading this thread, please pm me. My professor taught there up until recently and I have a few questions.

Thank you!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, christinaxcarrie, elcamino4, genjustice, Google Adsense [Bot], Guyver, JaxBeachLaw, Keilz, Leliana, lvlaw3, mccracal, patrickkpaul, ray.bee, sonyco, stewhan, thg1870 and 44 guests