Rutgers - Newark c/o 2017 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mattfoley

Re: Rutgers - Newark c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby mattfoley » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Checking in. Applied 2/13. Accepted 2/28.

Didn't get any scholarship info yet (probably didn't qualify for merit-based). Still, the in-state tuition offer for out-of-state folks such as myself is quite attractive. I'm definitely considering Newark.

Branruss

Postby Branruss » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:51 pm

wg1024 wrote:vlshort3955, what are your numbers? if you don't mind me asking. I applied for the part-tie program as well and my status is file read- no decision.

Hey, mine says the same thing but for FT. My numbers are 156 and 3.41. You??

lawstudent002

Postby lawstudent002 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 pm

vlshort3955 wrote:I got in (part time) this week with numbers less than yours. Applied 2/25.

Anyone know where to find info on establising NJ residency to get in state tuition? Thanks

Branruss wrote:156, 3.4
My status still says: file reviewed, no decision made. Anybody else?

All you need to do is go to admissions with a copy of your 12 month lease. They make the change right there in front of you. If you do their student housing, you qualify for instate tuition also. As far as I know, that is it. Number of credits is of no matter.

I did my first year at Rutgers Newark as well, and even had a friend who was commuting from NYC and paying out of state who signed a lease halfway through the first semester and the school refunded the out of state portion of her tuition that she had already paid for that semester.

Bottom line, everybody gets instate. Admissions is not trying to hide this either, so if you have questions, they are your best resource.

donewithannarbor

Postby donewithannarbor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm

It's true. In state tuition. It's handled automatically if you move into NJ and live at the dorms, but double check me on that. If you move into NJ with a lease, you'll just need to show the lease to the proper person at some point this summer.

If any questions or trying to make up your mind, holler at me, I'm an alum now clerking. Just came across this thread, and I see a couple of you who have PM'd me already. Good luck everyone.

Adventureisoutthere

Postby Adventureisoutthere » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Has anybody heard of Rutgers giving in when asking for more scholarship money? I sent them a request and they pretty much said no due to the "fact that they are a state school and their funds are limited". I'm debating whether to send another ask.

Branruss

Postby Branruss » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Anyone know if their is an admitted student facebook group? Also, where is everyone planning on living? Thinking about Hoboken or Jersey City

vlshort3955

Postby vlshort3955 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Oh, thanks so much! I'm going to schedule a visit soon, so I'll ask then. Good to know its easy though.

MrMisiu wrote:
rwhyAn wrote:
MrMisiu wrote:Rutgers in-state tuition, super easy! Just depends how many credits you complete a semester, for a better explanation:
Right here, mate.

I went to Rutgers Newark my first year of law school, my friends from out of state all got in state tuition.

That information isn't regarding residency for tuition purposes. It's about graduation requirements.

Touché!! I still stand by my latter statement, though. I tried looking some more info on the web but can't find anything related at all to residency for tuition purposes to back up my anecdotal evidence. The only other thing I can provide is that all my friends had to move into an NJ address before the first day of class (this was 2011) to receive in state tuition. If you want more info and don't feel like dealing with the school I can ask them more information today, just let me know vl.

dapperdan

Postby dapperdan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 am

Anyone goin to admitted students day on the 4th of april?

intllawstudent

Postby intllawstudent » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Has anyone else received a deferred decision by the admissions committee so far? if so, anyone hear back yet? Get accepted? Denied? I'm afraid this can actually be worse than a waitlist. Haven't heard of anyone getting accepted the second time around.

Thanks!

rwhyAn

Postby rwhyAn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:54 pm

dapperdan wrote:Anyone goin to admitted students day on the 4th of april?

I'll be there.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”