Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby the_dude83 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 pm

<DC> wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
<DC> wrote:Still waiting...........but hey....with all this free time I have now that I am not studying, I get to catch up with my shows (Walking Dead, House of Cards, etc...)

Marathon style, huh...



I think the term is called "binge watching"

Yup

GVG2017
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby GVG2017 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:38 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
<DC> wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
<DC> wrote:Still waiting...........but hey....with all this free time I have now that I am not studying, I get to catch up with my shows (Walking Dead, House of Cards, etc...)

Marathon style, huh...



I think the term is called "binge watching"

Yup

Also waiting! Waiting can kind of make you go crazy lol. I wonder if there is any particular order (For instance, the obvious acceptances already sent out..) or if applications are just in a big pile and they are going through randomly.

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby <DC> » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:19 am

I called them before applying and asked what the turn around was. They told me 4-8 weeks, but they were running behind partly due to the change over in owners. No biggie. I can wait.

danks231
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby danks231 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:51 pm

File went complete 3/19, got accepted today

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby <DC> » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:20 pm

danks231 wrote:File went complete 3/19, got accepted today



Congrats!

Did you find out via online tracker??

GVG2017
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby GVG2017 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm

<DC> wrote:
danks231 wrote:File went complete 3/19, got accepted today



Congrats!

Did you find out via online tracker??


Awesome! Weird we were just talking about it! Mine went complete on 2/5 and still no decision!

danks231
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby danks231 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Yes I found out via status checker. I still haven't heard directly from the university. I had been waiting for all these Texas schools the last several weeks and the last three days I've had some type of movement from all of them. I'm glad the wait is finally coming to an end so I can decide!

GVG2017
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby GVG2017 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:45 pm

danks231 wrote:Yes I found out via status checker. I still haven't heard directly from the university. I had been waiting for all these Texas schools the last several weeks and the last three days I've had some type of movement from all of them. I'm glad the wait is finally coming to an end so I can decide!


Did you get an email first? Saying a decision had been made?

danks231
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby danks231 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:48 pm

No, I've just been in the habit of checking the status checker regularly for all the schools. Yesterday it was under review still and today it said congratulations you've been accepted on the checker. Every other school I've found out from them directly before the checker, so this one caught me off guard.

wilduscanadian
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby wilduscanadian » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share some good news, I got accepted to TAMU :D
My application was complete 3/25 and I got a "decision has been made" email 3/27 saying I was admitted. No word on scholarships or anything.
For those who are wondering, I had a 3.18 GPA and 160 LSAT and am out-of-state
I'm 99% sure I'm going to go to TAMU so I'll see some of you in the fall!!!

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby <DC> » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:08 pm

wilduscanadian wrote:Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share some good news, I got accepted to TAMU :D
My application was complete 3/25 and I got a "decision has been made" email 3/27 saying I was admitted. No word on scholarships or anything.
For those who are wondering, I had a 3.18 GPA and 160 LSAT and am out-of-state
I'm 99% sure I'm going to go to TAMU so I'll see some of you in the fall!!!



yeah....all you guys getting your acceptance notes is doing nothing to help my impatience.

trey3white
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:45 am

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby trey3white » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:02 pm

Just put down my first deposit.

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:34 am

under review with last status date of 3/19
Still waiting..........

STCL and TTU have accepted me, what is taking A&M so long?

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby <DC> » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:28 am

the_dude83 wrote:under review with last status date of 3/19
Still waiting..........

STCL and TTU have accepted me, what is taking A&M so long?



Same boat. Different schools. 4 Accepted/ 1 Denial.

I paid my first seat deposit just in case at one school, but would drop both deposits right now if A&M called me today.

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:40 am

I just don't get the hold up...

May I ask why the great desire for A&M?

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:58 am

I just spoke with admissions and they estimate 4-8 weeks from the date a file goes under review. He said there are still applicants from November submission waiting, for various reasons. I don't feel as A&M has the level of clout to make people wait that long and will likely lose applicants due to this process.

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby <DC> » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:06 pm

the_dude83 wrote:I just don't get the hold up...

May I ask why the great desire for A&M?


I am not just looking at the 3.5 years from day one to Bar exam.

I already have a job lined up with a private practice willing to take me on as soon as I roll into town. Employment in the out of semester season and a desk on Grad+1. I just need to get in.

I can go to another school, but the distance would make it......"difficult"

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby <DC> » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:08 pm

the_dude83 wrote:I just spoke with admissions and they estimate 4-8 weeks from the date a file goes under review.


They told me that too.

This weekend makes 4 weeks.......but you say no response on apps from Nov??? wow......now I do not feel so bad.

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:12 pm

<DC> wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:I just spoke with admissions and they estimate 4-8 weeks from the date a file goes under review.


They told me that too.

This weekend makes 4 weeks.......but you say no response on apps from Nov??? wow......now I do not feel so bad.


ya! I agree. I am sure it is specific ones with particular circumstances, but I still do not see how students will not attend A&M purely due to the fact of how late they will be hearing a decision. I have to move a whole family with me, it takes time!

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby <DC> » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:36 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
ya! I agree. I am sure it is specific ones with particular circumstances, but I still do not see how students will not attend A&M purely due to the fact of how late they will be hearing a decision. I have to move a whole family with me, it takes time!


Same here. It would be my last PCS following separation.

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:43 pm

<DC> wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
ya! I agree. I am sure it is specific ones with particular circumstances, but I still do not see how students will not attend A&M purely due to the fact of how late they will be hearing a decision. I have to move a whole family with me, it takes time!


Same here. It would be my last PCS following separation.

What branch? MOS?
I am just moving from Houston, but I need to get my wife employed and adequate/affordable housing in order for me to not work 1L

GVG2017
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby GVG2017 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm

I just heard back from A&M at about 10PM Sunday night, that I got in!!- so I think they are working over time to get decisions in. They just got swamped with the turn around of new owners. Mine went complete on 2/5 so I waited about 7.5 weeks.

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:44 pm

GVG2017 wrote:I just heard back from A&M at about 10PM Sunday night, that I got in!!- so I think they are working over time to get decisions in. They just got swamped with the turn around of new owners. Mine went complete on 2/5 so I waited about 7.5 weeks.

That is crazy! Idk if I can wait that long to decide.

On a good note, they are deciding between 2 individuals for Dean. The decision is at the board currently!

jd2017.8
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jd2017.8 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks for update, I didn't realize they'd narrowed to two candidates. Heard faculty had completed its recommendations.

Do you know who the 2 are? Last I knew there were four:

Leonard M. Baynes
Professor of Law and Inaugural Director, The Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights and Economic Development
St. John’s University School of Law

Jose Roberto (Beto) Juarez, Jr.
Former Dean
Professor of Law and Director of Lawyering in Spanish Program
University of Denver Sturm College of Law

Andrew Pettit Morriss
D. Paul Jones, Jr. and Charlene A. Jones Chairholder in Law and Professor of Business
University of Alabama

Matthew J. Parlow
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor
Marquette University Law School

GVG2017
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby GVG2017 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:41 pm

If there are any girls on here searching the site starting at A&M in the fall... I need to start looking for a roommate : )




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”