Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
the_dude83

Bronze

Re: Texas A&M Law c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Post by the_dude83 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:58 pm

kristopher33 wrote:For those of you waitlisted. I was told a list of students was requested by the admissions committee outlining students who have shown continued interest in attending A&M (presumably from those manning the front lines in the admissions office (Emily F, etc.))..and the committee was going to make considerations from that list today and tomorrow. I was told more information would be available Thursday or Friday of this week.

So if you're waitlisted, and you submitted letter(s) of continued interest....with a bit of luck we'll have an answer in the next 48 hours!

Good luck everyone!

How is this possible when applicants like me, have yet to hear any type of decision at all? This sounds silly! I have spoken with them many of time, to show interest and what not, but have not sent a LOCI or anything b/c I have yet to hear anything.

kristopher33

New

Post by kristopher33 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:06 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
kristopher33 wrote:For those of you waitlisted. I was told a list of students was requested by the admissions committee outlining students who have shown continued interest in attending A&M (presumably from those manning the front lines in the admissions office (Emily F, etc.))..and the committee was going to make considerations from that list today and tomorrow. I was told more information would be available Thursday or Friday of this week.

So if you're waitlisted, and you submitted letter(s) of continued interest....with a bit of luck we'll have an answer in the next 48 hours!

Good luck everyone!

How is this possible when applicants like me, have yet to hear any type of decision at all? This sounds silly! I have spoken with them many of time, to show interest and what not, but have not sent a LOCI or anything b/c I have yet to hear anything.

I'm not sure of your circumstances, and the information I was provided may or may not end up panning out...I just wanted to share with the group since I know how excruciating the waiting is.
So, you still don't have a decision of any sort?...when did you apply?

the_dude83

Bronze

Post by the_dude83 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 pm

kristopher33 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

I'm not sure of your circumstances, and the information I was provided may or may not end up panning out...I just wanted to share with the group since I know how excruciating the waiting is.
That is correct, I applied first part of March. I have had one status date change, that was on the 19th of March.
I have heard something from all other schools and although my numbers are not stellar, they are good enough for acceptance!

jd2017.8

New

Post by jd2017.8 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:14 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
kristopher33 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

That is correct, I applied first part of March. I have had one status date change, that was on the 19th of March.
I have heard something from all other schools and although my numbers are not stellar, they are good enough for acceptance!

I don't know when the last time you spoke to them was, but if it was not really recently, you might want to consider emailing Emily to see if she can give you a status update and maybe to ask her if an LOCI is helpful in your circumstance. I have found her to be very receptive and helpful. Dean Cook is also pretty approachable, but if it was me, I'd try Emily first. Still pulling for you.

the_dude83

Bronze

Post by the_dude83 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:21 pm

I called shortly after reading this, but was told the same old story by Doug. I'll email this evening. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

<DC>

New

Post by <DC> » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:16 pm

I just called and spoke with Doug. VERY Nice guy.

He told me that they have not dipped into the waiting list yet and there is still room for more acceptances. I let him know that if they were to let me know today or tomorrow I would drop both deposits 5 minutes later. Could not foot stomp enough the level of interest of how I want to go there.

Still waiting......but I will wait as long as it takes.......

eljefe1

Bronze

Post by eljefe1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Is this thread serious?

http://www.lstscorereports.com/compare/texasam/

43% of the class of 2013 is employed in a long term, full time, J.D. required job.

ScottWest

New

Post by ScottWest » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:51 pm

eljefe1 wrote:Is this thread serious?

43% of the class of 2013 is employed in a long term, full time, J.D. required job.
I am serious about attending and excited about the opportunity.

jd2017.8

New

Post by jd2017.8 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 pm

+1 Mr. West

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

<DC>

New

Post by <DC> » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 pm

eljefe1 wrote:Is this thread serious?

Absolutely serious. But please...keep coming around......it provides some comedy.

the_dude83

Bronze

Post by the_dude83 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:55 am

jd2017.8 wrote: I don't know when the last time you spoke to them was, but if it was not really recently, you might want to consider emailing Emily to see if she can give you a status update and maybe to ask her if an LOCI is helpful in your circumstance. I have found her to be very receptive and helpful. Dean Cook is also pretty approachable, but if it was me, I'd try Emily first. Still pulling for you.
Would you mind pm'ing me her email?

jd2017.8

New

Post by jd2017.8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:29 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
jd2017.8 wrote: I don't know when the last time you spoke to them was, but if it was not really recently, you might want to consider emailing Emily to see if she can give you a status update and maybe to ask her if an LOCI is helpful in your circumstance. I have found her to be very receptive and helpful. Dean Cook is also pretty approachable, but if it was me, I'd try Emily first. Still pulling for you.
___

Be happy to.

the_dude83

Bronze

Post by the_dude83 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:55 pm

jd2017.8 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
___

Be happy to.
I now see I have had her info the whole time, she is the one who sends out the status checker credentials! Thank you for taking time to do that!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jd2017.8

New

Post by jd2017.8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:02 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
jd2017.8 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
___

Be happy to.
I now see I have had her info the whole time, she is the one who sends out the status checker credentials! Thank you for taking time to do that!

Anytime.

kristopher33

New

Post by kristopher33 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Happy to report I received a call from Emily Friday afternoon confirming I was admitted. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope you see some movement soon!

I hope to meet some of you in the Fall.

<DC>

New

Post by <DC> » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:05 pm

kristopher33 wrote:Happy to report I received a call from Emily Friday afternoon confirming I was admitted. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope you see some movement soon!

Congrats. Any more information from her regarding the rest of us still waiting?? Just wondering how many seats were filled.....and yet to be filled....

jd2017.8

New

Post by jd2017.8 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:48 am

kristopher33 wrote:Happy to report I received a call from Emily Friday afternoon confirming I was admitted. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope you see some movement soon!

Congratulations!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kristopher33

New

Post by kristopher33 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:17 pm

<DC> wrote:

Congrats. Any more information from her regarding the rest of us still waiting?? Just wondering how many seats were filled.....and yet to be filled....
No indication unfortunately DC

jd2017.8

New

Post by jd2017.8 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Anybody else think this is pretty interesting?

http://www.ble.state.tx.us/pdfs/Statistics/2014Feb.pdf

A&M ranks third in Texas amongst first time examinees. 8)

The order goes:
Tech
Baylor
A&M
UH
South
SMU
TSU
St Mary's
UT

Attax

Gold

Post by Attax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:40 pm

jd2017.8 wrote:Anybody else think this is pretty interesting?

The order goes:
Tech
Baylor
A&M
UH
South
SMU
TSU
St Mary's
UT
Interesting, but with a small sample size (since most people don't do Feb 1st unless they recently graduated like some Baylor grads) I'm not 100% sure how statistically significant it is in terms of actual preparation.

the_dude83

Bronze

Post by the_dude83 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Attax wrote:

The order goes:
Tech
Baylor
A&M
UH
South
SMU
TSU
St Mary's
UT
Interesting, but with a small sample size (since most people don't do Feb 1st unless they recently graduated like some Baylor grads) I'm not 100% sure how statistically significant it is in terms of actual preparation.
it is absolutely statistically significant! It's based on a percentage who took it, not a particular gross number. It says that out of the number of purple who took the exam from Tech, a higher percentage of them posed than any other school.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Attax

Gold

Post by Attax » Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am

the_dude83 wrote:
Attax wrote:

The order goes:
Tech
Baylor
A&M
UH
South
SMU
TSU
St Mary's
UT
it is absolutely statistically significant! It's based on a percentage who took it, not a particular gross number. It says that out of the number of purple who took the exam from Tech, a higher percentage of them posed than any other school.
Sure, but what I'm saying is that in terms of overall passage it isn't as significant considering many people who are first time test takers aren't in February. Drawing conclusions based on one sample set doesn't really test the accuracy of the values. Plus, consider that UT had what 26 people taking (I looked last night) and 22 passed. That's a low number and representative of less than 10% of the class, but on failure drastically alters the passage rate.

jd2017.8

New

Post by jd2017.8 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Attax wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
Attax wrote:

The order goes:
Tech
Baylor
A&M
UH
South
SMU
TSU
St Mary's
UT
Sure, but what I'm saying is that in terms of overall passage it isn't as significant considering many people who are first time test takers aren't in February. Drawing conclusions based on one sample set doesn't really test the accuracy of the values. Plus, consider that UT had what 26 people taking (I looked last night) and 22 passed. That's a low number and representative of less than 10% of the class, but on failure drastically alters the passage rate.

I hear you. No argument that there is a larger group testing in July. Still thought it was interesting though.

<DC>

New

Post by <DC> » Thu May 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Still waiting.....

Leprechaun

Bronze

Post by Leprechaun » Thu May 01, 2014 7:13 pm

I was fortunate to be chosen as a Texas A&M School of Law Academic Support TA for next school year today. My co-TA and I will be responsible for a group of incoming 1L law students in helping them adjust to the challenges of their first year of law school and in helping them learn and develop the skills necessary to their academic success.

I will be one of the night students' TA's so if any of y'all will be part time night students, you might be in my group. Looking forward to exams being over for me this year (May 14th, my first one is May 5th), and looking forward to meeting y'all in August.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”