Rutgers Camden c/o 2017 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nucky

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2017 Applicants

Postby Nucky » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:40 am

JPiccoli2 wrote:Has anyone else been wait listed at RU Camden Law?? I received news via an email that I have been wait listed and the decision could be made as late as 3-10 days prior to classes beginning. Anyone else is the same boat as me? Does anyone have an idea as to how this process works and if my chances are at all in my favor??

Numbers?

XxMVPxX

Postby XxMVPxX » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:23 am

JPiccoli2 wrote:Has anyone else been wait listed at RU Camden Law?? I received news via an email that I have been wait listed and the decision could be made as late as 3-10 days prior to classes beginning. Anyone else is the same boat as me? Does anyone have an idea as to how this process works and if my chances are at all in my favor??

Tough to say without knowing your LSAT or GPA.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Just withdrew after careful consideration. Full tuition scholarship and stipend back in the pot for one of you lucky fellows. Best of luck!

Also, FWIW, Rutgers was great throughout the process. Very impressed with them.

CU44BMD

Postby CU44BMD » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Nucky wrote:Just withdrew after careful consideration. Full tuition scholarship and stipend back in the pot for one of you lucky fellows. Best of luck!

Also, FWIW, Rutgers was great throughout the process. Very impressed with them.

Nucky, mind telling me what other schools you are considering? Feel free to PM me.

stacyx

Postby stacyx » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Last minute apply here (3/26), happy to see all of your comments on this thread - first time poster, long time lurker :)

Think it's worth it for out of state? Both parents went to Rutgers undergrad, and I'm looking to get back to the East coast...

Super late applier everywhere, changed my mind on attending about a million times between October and March!

texasmuppet

Postby texasmuppet » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:34 pm

I have a question for any current students.
I have been doing meticulous research regarding what the average graduate from law school A, B, C can expect to make after graduation, but Rutgers-Camden has been giving me some trouble. Because such a large percentage of the class completes a state Judicial Clerkship after graduation, there isn't really a great way to look at 1-year salary statistics. Could anybody illuminate me as to what job prospects are like for graduates who complete a state Judicial Clerkship? It seems as though a large percentage of the class goes down this route, and that it's pretty unique to the state of New Jersey.

jagnut

Postby jagnut » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Last edited by jagnut on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smer45

Postby Smer45 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Withdrawing my app. $54k back in the pot. Good luck to everyone still waiting

stacyx

Postby stacyx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:56 pm

IN!! 1 day after application complete, and about 4 days after deciding to apply at the last minute. And with $!

Really nice email personalized about my personal statement - they really do read it!!

:D

transferror

Postby transferror » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:43 pm

jagnut wrote:
stacyx wrote:Last minute apply here (3/26), happy to see all of your comments on this thread - first time poster, long time lurker :)

Think it's worth it for out of state? Both parents went to Rutgers undergrad, and I'm looking to get back to the East coast...

Super late applier everywhere, changed my mind on attending about a million times between October and March!

I believe there is a way to secure in-state tuition by signing a 12 month lease in NJ before the start of classes. If you don't get it done for year one, you can def. earn in-state for years 2 and 3. I would certainly confirm this with the admissions office before you take my word for it, however. This is just something I've repeatedly read on this site.

For those curious, I was admitted upon my arrival to Dean's Law Day (3/29/14). I suspected my invite meant I would be admitted, but it was nice to get that news- plus a little scholly money when I arrived. I was impressed with the entire day, the faculty, and the little campus- even though it was pouring down rain. I will most likely be attending in the fall.

To get in-state tuition, all you have to do is get a NJ driver's license and fill out a residency form. As long as you get the NJ driver's license within a few weeks of arrival, admissions will make a photocopy and change your tuition to in-state before your residency request is even processed. It's really simple.

transferror

Postby transferror » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:50 pm

texasmuppet wrote:I have a question for any current students.
I have been doing meticulous research regarding what the average graduate from law school A, B, C can expect to make after graduation, but Rutgers-Camden has been giving me some trouble. Because such a large percentage of the class completes a state Judicial Clerkship after graduation, there isn't really a great way to look at 1-year salary statistics. Could anybody illuminate me as to what job prospects are like for graduates who complete a state Judicial Clerkship? It seems as though a large percentage of the class goes down this route, and that it's pretty unique to the state of New Jersey.

There is literally no way to predict employment outcomes, much less salary info, for those who received state clerkships.

As far as the other grads, the salary curve in law is completely bimodal. PI, government, and small firms generally pay 40-60k. This is where most grads end up. Biglaw pays 115-145k. Market in Philly is 145. Very few grads get those jobs.

There is some stuff (mostly midsize and boutique firms) in the middle, but generally you will be lumped into one of those two categories.

mach9zero

Postby mach9zero » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Withdrew, dissapointed with the scholarship compared to what Temple offered, and I'm above the 75% at 162/3.6 - didn't try negotiating as I'm happier with my other options. I've lived in sNJ all my life, so if anyone has any questions about the area, feel free to give me a message. If you're not interested in the Camden lifestyle and Philly doesn't appeal to you, I can definitely throw some suggestions your way on where to live depending on what you're preferences are. Camden and the law school are incredibly accessible from anywhere in South Jersey, and I know people living in Atlantic City that make the commute everyday, it's feasible.

dcoppo01

Postby dcoppo01 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:43 am

has anyone tried negotiating? I already have a pretty good scholarship... but I was wondering if it could be better.

JohnnyRutgers

Postby JohnnyRutgers » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:22 pm

For those of you who are accepted and committed, I started a thread on the "Class of 2017" tab.

XxMVPxX

Postby XxMVPxX » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Hey guys, I just created a group page for the class of 2017 on facebook and included an event for our orientation in August. Feel free to join and invite anyone else who you know is attending Rutgers Law.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/270373056500591/

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”