Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lhanvt13 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:27 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:Current 1L here, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask! I'll try to answer whatever I can.


Thank you for time. How is the environment for URM. In particular to African Males. I am a black male who applied but was a little skeptical because I was not sure of the enviornment.

Also how are your professors so far?

No problem at all! The community does have a bit of "southern pride" feel to it if you go outside of city (hah, it's not really a city) limits and they do warship Robert E. Lee but personally I haven't seen any animosity towards URMs at all. In fact IMO, with the new dean and admissions dean, the school is pushing for more diversity in the student body. Fun fact: the city banned certain types of flags in recent years and among them is the confederate flag. As for the law school itself, we have a very large organization called BLSA (Black Law Student Association) and a smaller ones called APALSA (Asian pacific american law students association) and LALSA (Latin american Law Students ass'n) and are very supportive of the minority community here. BLSA throws lots of fun events and parties. Overall, you shouldn't be too worried about the environment here regarding URMs or other minorities.

hope that helps! :D

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:55 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:Current 1L here, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask! I'll try to answer whatever I can.


Thank you for time. How is the environment for URM. In particular to African Males. I am a black male who applied but was a little skeptical because I was not sure of the enviornment.

Also how are your professors so far?

No problem at all! The community does have a bit of "southern pride" feel to it if you go outside of city (hah, it's not really a city) limits and they do warship Robert E. Lee but personally I haven't seen any animosity towards URMs at all. In fact IMO, with the new dean and admissions dean, the school is pushing for more diversity in the student body. Fun fact: the city banned certain types of flags in recent years and among them is the confederate flag. As for the law school itself, we have a very large organization called BLSA (Black Law Student Association) and a smaller ones called APALSA (Asian pacific american law students association) and LALSA (Latin american Law Students ass'n) and are very supportive of the minority community here. BLSA throws lots of fun events and parties. Overall, you shouldn't be too worried about the environment here regarding URMs or other minorities.

hope that helps! :D


Thank you it helped tremendously. I appreciate you taking the time out to answer questions.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Attax » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Submitted yesterday, under review as of 2:57PM CST today. That was fast!

Elegavie
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Elegavie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Submitted 10/2, under review today.

Thiggs
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Thiggs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:07 am

Went complete on the 14th
Of last month. Any chance for some decisions today?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Attax » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 am

Thiggs wrote:Went complete on the 14th
Of last month. Any chance for some decisions today?


That would be nice. I went in review yesterday, so not expecting it today.

Thiggs
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Thiggs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 am

I know that, in the past at least, W&L has typically rolled out decisions on Thursdays.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:53 am

Just received an email that my decision would be posted later today….just a little nervous.

jac101689
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jac101689 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:54 am

Just got an e-mail saying my decision will be posted later today and that 1) if I'm accepted or waitlisted I'll get an e-mail and letter and 2) if I'm dinged the status checker will just tell me so.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:00 am

jac101689 wrote:Just got an e-mail saying my decision will be posted later today and that 1) if I'm accepted or waitlisted I'll get an e-mail and letter and 2) if I'm dinged the status checker will just tell me so.


Good luck!!!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Attax » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:03 am

Good luck! When did you guys go complete?

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:05 am

Attax wrote:Good luck! When did you guys go complete?


About a month ago.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Attax » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:06 am

mx23250 wrote:
Attax wrote:Good luck! When did you guys go complete?


About a month ago.


Ah okay. Then I won't get my hopes up about a decision today myself :( Good luck!

Thiggs
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Thiggs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:09 am

My decision is incoming... Called it. 3.6 & 167, I think I should be ok.

Thiggs
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Thiggs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:11 am

Is $$$ info typically given at decision or later?

lboogy480
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lboogy480 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 am

For those of you that got the email saying your decisions would be posted later that day, when were the decisions finally updated?

User avatar
adbuckley
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby adbuckley » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 am

Finding out with everyone else today...fingers crossed.

jac101689
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jac101689 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:36 am

Completed 11/12.

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gobears!! » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Also getting the decisions, making us wait after we already waited sucks :shock: :o Good luck everyone!

User avatar
monsterman
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:29 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby monsterman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:21 pm

In via status check. Complete 3 weeks ago. Good luck everyone!

lboogy480
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lboogy480 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Just reloaded Status Check and I'm In...

162/3.9 - 5 internships in college

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Waitlisted. Beats the auto-reject that my numbers would suggest I am. Congrats to all admits though!

User avatar
adbuckley
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby adbuckley » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Woot - admitted!

Complete 11/13, 164, 3.4

Anyone planning on doing the admitted students weekend?

bulawschool
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:09 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bulawschool » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Yay!!!!
Admitted!!!!!!!!!
Went complete 11/12/2013
In via status checker+email 12/5/2013

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Pelletier
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Pelletier » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Accepted as well!

If you're interested:
Complete: 11/11
Under Review: 11/20

For those who are as neurotic as I am:
Accepted via email around 1:30pm
Got the email this morning around 10am saying a decision would be posted later today




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”