Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bourgeois
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bourgeois » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:57 am

sunnyd101 wrote:
bourgeois wrote:So who is coming to the ASW this Friday and Saturday??? We should rally a TLS gathering!!


I was just about to post this! I'm flying in on Friday afternoon!


Same thing, I am going to be in Roanoke at around 7. If people PM me I could try to organize something like a bar night after the Open House on Friday or after the tour on Saturday (I really have no idea how feasible in terms of location) :P

imnottelling
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby imnottelling » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:00 pm

bourgeois wrote:
sunnyd101 wrote:
bourgeois wrote:So who is coming to the ASW this Friday and Saturday??? We should rally a TLS gathering!!


I was just about to post this! I'm flying in on Friday afternoon!


Same thing, I am going to be in Roanoke at around 7. If people PM me I could try to organize something like a bar night after the Open House on Friday or after the tour on Saturday (I really have no idea how feasible in terms of location) :P


Location --> Macado's. It's where any law school students who will be out will be anyways.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:53 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=225116

Just FYI. This doesn't include all boutique or smaller (read: <100 attorney) firms so numbers might change (most likely for the better). So, things are looking a bit better

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Again, if anybody has questions, ask away. I'm a 1L myself and I know a few others frequent this thread as well. We need a livelier thread.

TheGovernor1022
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheGovernor1022 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Registered for the ASW, I will be driving in Friday afternoon.

codyal90
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby codyal90 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Has anyone on the wait list done a phone interview? I'm curious if you have any tips for what may be asked.

TheGovernor1022
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheGovernor1022 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:37 pm

imnottelling wrote:
bourgeois wrote:
sunnyd101 wrote:
bourgeois wrote:So who is coming to the ASW this Friday and Saturday??? We should rally a TLS gathering!!


I was just about to post this! I'm flying in on Friday afternoon!


Same thing, I am going to be in Roanoke at around 7. If people PM me I could try to organize something like a bar night after the Open House on Friday or after the tour on Saturday (I really have no idea how feasible in terms of location) :P


Location --> Macado's. It's where any law school students who will be out will be anyways.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!


What time are we all meeting?

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:39 pm

TheGovernor1022 wrote:
What time are we all meeting?

Since it's a Friday, a lot of current students will be there. Just look for a bunch of people who are loud and talk a lot. It's what we do.

derfs
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby derfs » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:31 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
TheGovernor1022 wrote:
What time are we all meeting?

Since it's a Friday, a lot of current students will be there. Just look for a bunch of people who are loud and talk a lot. It's what we do.

Or the drunkest ones there. Looking forward to meeting y'all this weekend.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 pm

derfs wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
TheGovernor1022 wrote:
What time are we all meeting?

Since it's a Friday, a lot of current students will be there. Just look for a bunch of people who are loud and talk a lot. It's what we do.

Or the drunkest ones there. Looking forward to meeting y'all this weekend.


you just pass out when you're drunk

TheGovernor1022
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheGovernor1022 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:06 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
derfs wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
TheGovernor1022 wrote:
What time are we all meeting?

Since it's a Friday, a lot of current students will be there. Just look for a bunch of people who are loud and talk a lot. It's what we do.

Or the drunkest ones there. Looking forward to meeting y'all this weekend.


you just pass out when you're drunk


Sounds great. See you all this weekend.

Aequitas_
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Aequitas_ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:52 am

In as of 12/7 with money. Completed 12/28/13. Pm me if you want to know stats.

User avatar
bourgeois
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bourgeois » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 am

lhanvt13 wrote:
derfs wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
TheGovernor1022 wrote:
Since it's a Friday, a lot of current students will be there. Just look for a bunch of people who are loud and talk a lot. It's what we do.

Or the drunkest ones there. Looking forward to meeting y'all this weekend.


you just pass out when you're drunk


Sounds great. See you all this weekend.


Awesome! I am flying in around 6. Is there a fancy dress code? Or can I dress like a peasant?

mydasmarie
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mydasmarie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:56 pm

received a scholarship offer that is decent but still makes attending W&L unfeasible for someone having almost a full ride at a state school. i'm kind of bummed, but at the same time grateful for the acceptance. I am still waiting to see how the rest of my cycle turns out before i make any eliminations, but most likely will be unable to attend W&L :(

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BlackCanary » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:51 am

Got my scholly letter. Nothing really substantial, so not a feasible option at this point. Guess I'll see if they're willing to reevaluate.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mes10d » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:08 am

Complete 2/6
Accepted 2/20
Received 40k/yr today, which makes W&L a big contender. Shame I'm missing out on this ASW!

imnottelling
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby imnottelling » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:57 pm

mes10d wrote:Complete 2/6
Accepted 2/20
Received 40k/yr today, which makes W&L a big contender. Shame I'm missing out on this ASW!


Congrats! There is a second one later in March you should consider attending!

User avatar
bourgeois
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bourgeois » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:21 pm

imnottelling wrote:
mes10d wrote:Complete 2/6
Accepted 2/20
Received 40k/yr today, which makes W&L a big contender. Shame I'm missing out on this ASW!


Congrats! There is a second one later in March you should consider attending!


Yeah! I was really impressed with their ASW! They leave a great impression!

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lhanvt13 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:03 pm

bourgeois wrote:
imnottelling wrote:
mes10d wrote:Complete 2/6
Accepted 2/20
Received 40k/yr today, which makes W&L a big contender. Shame I'm missing out on this ASW!


Congrats! There is a second one later in March you should consider attending!


Yeah! I was really impressed with their ASW! They leave a great impression!

woop woop we did our jerbs

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BankruptMe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:12 am

Just went complete today.

Never been before, can you please give me insights into what went on, what they talked about, etc.

amohiuddin
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby amohiuddin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:11 pm

I got waitlisted and i requested a phone interview but no response back. should i give up on life?

havermayer
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 am

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby havermayer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:13 pm

amohiuddin wrote:I got waitlisted and i requested a phone interview but no response back. should i give up on life?


How long ago did you send your request? They've been experiencing severe weather problems so no one has been in the office, I suppose. Was supposed to have my phone interview yesterday but they called to reschedule.

amohiuddin
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby amohiuddin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:26 pm

like two weeks back, should i call the office instead mate?

amohiuddin
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby amohiuddin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:27 pm

amohiuddin wrote:How long ago did you send your request? They've been experiencing severe weather problems so no one has been in the office, I suppose. Was supposed to have my phone interview yesterday but they called to reschedule.


like two weeks back, should i call the office instead mate?

derfs
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby derfs » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 pm

amohiuddin wrote:like two weeks back, should i call the office instead mate?


Yes. Call up admissions and they'll schedule you in for an interview.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, malysh, RickyBunny and 21 guests