Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Annie787

New

Re: Washington and Lee C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Post by Annie787 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:19 am

klondike5 wrote:In off the waitlist today with scholarship so it looks like there is movement for those still waiting. Question about scholarship wording. When it says "You will be offered a scholarship of $X which is automatically renewed for your second and third years of law school as long as you maintain good academic standing and a standard of behavior representative of a prospective member of the legal profession" does that mean I get X per year or total for all three years? It seems higher than my numbers would dictate especially, but maybe they REALLY need my 163 for some reason.
It's per year. They'll send you the breakdown in the mail later on.

boozmanjl5

New

Post by boozmanjl5 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:00 am

has anyone else heard anything off of the waitlist other than the person above? it's been well beyond 2 weeks mentioned in the email and i'm starting to get very restless. :cry:

ghostbuster505

New

Post by ghostbuster505 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 am

^I'm still on the waiting list and haven't heard anything.

Chawlston

New

Post by Chawlston » Fri May 23, 2014 5:11 pm

In off WL today via email with very good $$$.

Law2017

New

Post by Law2017 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:59 pm

In off the waitlist today with good money! Feel free to PM with any questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Congrats waitlist peeps!

thp25

New

Post by thp25 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:29 am

Was hoping a current student at W&L could answer this: I visited yesterday and was honestly surprised about how small downtown was - I knew Lexington isn't the busiest place but I didn't think it would be that quiet and secluded. So just real quick, is there any social life for law students here? I noticed only a few restaurants and was just wondering what the quality of life is like and whether kids can go out if they get any free time.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:35 pm

thp25 wrote:Was hoping a current student at W&L could answer this: I visited yesterday and was honestly surprised about how small downtown was - I knew Lexington isn't the busiest place but I didn't think it would be that quiet and secluded. So just real quick, is there any social life for law students here? I noticed only a few restaurants and was just wondering what the quality of life is like and whether kids can go out if they get any free time.
We have Macs. That's the only bar. But because that's the only bar, every single time you go, you'll meet someone you know. But that's about the extent of downtown life. On the non-downtown front, people always have house parties and there are always school events. With my schedule, I couldn't even attend half of them. You'll be kept busy no matter what, so it shouldn't be excruciatingly bad.

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 am

I hear the Applebees in town is popping on the weekends. But yeah, there's really not much to do in downtown Lexington except for Macados. Depending on who you ask, there might be two more bars - The Palms and Southern Inn. During the Fall semester, we have LSFL on Friday after class, Feb. Club in the Spring semester, and some random events here and there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

catfished

New

Post by catfished » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:26 pm

derfs wrote:I hear the Applebees in town is popping on the weekends. But yeah, there's really not much to do in downtown Lexington except for Macados. Depending on who you ask, there might be two more bars - The Palms and Southern Inn. During the Fall semester, we have LSFL on Friday after class, Feb. Club in the Spring semester, and some random events here and there.
It's small, no doubt. But most people end up loving it. Lexington is a pretty idyllic place, and if you know how to make the most of it, it will become a second home by the end of your 1L year.

I should add that Lexington, while small, has incredible dining options. The Southern Inn and Bistro have big city-grade food and bars that pack out at night full of law students. Brix has weekend brunch and incredible tapas for dinner. The Red Hen is as good as any mid-priced high-end restaurant in DC. Long story short, don't be fooled by people telling you that Macado's is the only place in town. In addition, Roanoke, VA has a very up-and-coming scene that offers a wide variety of things to do if you want to get out of Lexington. Many law students will go to the Devil's Backbone Outpost brewery for a drink as well, and it's bring your own food.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 pm

catfished wrote:
derfs wrote:I hear the Applebees in town is popping on the weekends. But yeah, there's really not much to do in downtown Lexington except for Macados. Depending on who you ask, there might be two more bars - The Palms and Southern Inn. During the Fall semester, we have LSFL on Friday after class, Feb. Club in the Spring semester, and some random events here and there.
It's small, no doubt. But most people end up loving it. Lexington is a pretty idyllic place, and if you know how to make the most of it, it will become a second home by the end of your 1L year.

I should add that Lexington, while small, has incredible dining options. The Southern Inn and Bistro have big city-grade food and bars that pack out at night full of law students. Brix has weekend brunch and incredible tapas for dinner. The Red Hen is as good as any mid-priced high-end restaurant in DC. Long story short, don't be fooled by people telling you that Macado's is the only place in town. In addition, Roanoke, VA has a very up-and-coming scene that offers a wide variety of things to do if you want to get out of Lexington. Many law students will go to the Devil's Backbone Outpost brewery for a drink as well, and it's bring your own food.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
Also, if you're willing to make a 40 min-ish trip, GO TO HOMEPLACE. that place is amazing. All you can eat chicken, mashed potatoes, roast beef, ham, sweet tea, lemonade, etc. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Home ... 4841808913

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 pm

You keep talking about that place, but... YOU HAVEN'T BROUGHT ME.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:13 pm

derfs wrote:You keep talking about that place, but... YOU HAVEN'T BROUGHT ME.
It's amazing. Damn shame you'll never get to eat it

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”