Pepperdine

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KD35

Re: Pepperdine

Postby KD35 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:41 pm

dat209 wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:From the research I've done so far I believe that the only requirements to sit for the patent bar are a certain number of undergrad hours in STEM-courses (which my Chemistry degree accomplishes) and a JD (it really wouldn't matter what particular school the JD is obtained from). I think I must also pass the state bar before sitting for the patent but that's pretty much it as far as requirements go. That being said, part of me really just wants to get a decent JD where it will be cheapest because I won't necessarily need a big name on that degree for the field I'm going into (I mean, I'm not trying to work for GE or anything!) But thank you- I will start searching around the forums for more info!

Whoah! Some wrong info up there^

1. You do not need a JD to sit for the patent bar.
2. You usually need a science or engineering degree (but not just any science or engineering degree, must be properly accrediteted, etc), but certain classes can count to meet this requirement. Be very careful when looking to see what counts though as this is not completley straight forward.

Please see --LinkRemoved-- for the correct info.

^^ This is the kind of research you should do both online and within these forums to determine info about the patent bar and job information about various schools if you have passed the patent bar.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Last edited by xoGossipGirl on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kev101

Postby kev101 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Checking in. App is under review

KD35

Postby KD35 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:45 pm

kev101 wrote:Checking in. App is under review

Submitted mine around this time last year, found out around mid-January I believe? They have a quick turn around if you are looking like you'll exceed their median numbers and want to offer you $$$.

Stella77

Postby Stella77 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:12 pm

My application is currently under review (as of 12/11). They sent me an email telling me that I would receive a decision before the end of the calendar year. I thought the timeline would soothe my anxiety...nope still check every ten seconds (which makes studying for finals incredibly difficult).

Stella77

Postby Stella77 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Yay Admitted via Status Checker! :D

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Stella77 wrote:Yay Admitted via Status Checker! :D

Congrats!

Stella77

Postby Stella77 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:40 pm

CookieDough wrote:
Stella77 wrote:Yay Admitted via Status Checker! :D

Congrats!

Thank you!

csargean

Postby csargean » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:50 pm

In via status checker as well. 167/3.5 app went complete 12/2 for those interested.

jac101689

Postby jac101689 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm super tempted to go here. Got a Dean's scholly and the campus looks like it's in coastal Sicily.

CBla

Postby CBla » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Waitlisted. Anyone know how Pepperdine's waitlist works?

KD35

Postby KD35 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:41 pm

CBla wrote:Waitlisted. Anyone know how Pepperdine's waitlist works?

I think (not 100% sure) that they have different tiers of students on the waitlist and pull different students based on what type of students don't accept. WL you will likely begin hearing about once firts round of deposits are in, which is usually May.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:25 pm

KD35 wrote:

I think (not 100% sure) that they have different tiers of students on the waitlist and pull different students based on what type of students don't accept. WL you will likely begin hearing about once firts round of deposits are in, which is usually May.

So by then all the waitlisted kids will have already submitted deposits to other schools, right? Like even if they accept someone off of the WL, that person will lose the money they already gave to another school- am I correct?

KD35

Postby KD35 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:37 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:
KD35 wrote:

So by then all the waitlisted kids will have already submitted deposits to other schools, right? Like even if they accept someone off of the WL, that person will lose the money they already gave to another school- am I correct?

Yea, generally that's the case. If later on in the application process Pepperdine figures out that they didn't get the caliber of applicants numerically that they were hoping for, they will also pull off some from the waitlist.

They are really good about anyone who gives them a call, I've had the chance to meet a couple of the people in the admissions office and they seem to be very willing to answer questions about the application process if you reach out and ask them.

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:54 am

KD35 wrote:
xoGossipGirl wrote:
KD35 wrote:

Yea, generally that's the case. If later on in the application process Pepperdine figures out that they didn't get the caliber of applicants numerically that they were hoping for, they will also pull off some from the waitlist.

They are really good about anyone who gives them a call, I've had the chance to meet a couple of the people in the admissions office and they seem to be very willing to answer questions about the application process if you reach out and ask them.

Thanks! I'll contact them after winter break!

kev101

Postby kev101 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Just visited Pepperdine and I got to say it is amazing. I am in love with the culture and environment. Everyone was friendly and it just had a good vibe to it.

Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Stella77

Postby Stella77 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm going to email them but just wanted to ask those of you who have already gotten in beforehand. My acceptance letter/email told me that my scholarship will be renewable for the next year, but doesn't mention anything about my third year so does this mean that they only gave it to me for the first two years? Did anyone's mention all three years? Another school emailed me stressing that it was for all three years and even mentioned the cumulative amount...soooo that also made me worry a little..

KD35

Postby KD35 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:49 pm

Stella77 wrote:I'm going to email them but just wanted to ask those of you who have already gotten in beforehand. My acceptance letter/email told me that my scholarship will be renewable for the next year, but doesn't mention anything about my third year so does this mean that they only gave it to me for the first two years? Did anyone's mention all three years? Another school emailed me stressing that it was for all three years and even mentioned the cumulative amount...soooo that also made me worry a little..

Scholarships are usually good all 3 years as long as you meet the stipulations each year.

krispymenudo

Postby krispymenudo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 pm

In today via status checker!

KD35

Postby KD35 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:18 pm

krispymenudo wrote:In today via status checker!

Congrats! Anyone else who has questions shoot them here or PM me them, more than happy to answer! 1 semester and grades down, glad to help where I can.

odonnlld5

Postby odonnlld5 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Waitlisted in November and just got an email that I'm in! Surprised I got off the waitlist this early!

odonnlld5

Postby odonnlld5 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Did everyone who got accepted find out about scholarships via email? Or in the admissions packet?

xoGossipGirl

Postby xoGossipGirl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:32 pm

odonnlld5 wrote:Waitlisted in November and just got an email that I'm in! Surprised I got off the waitlist this early!

Wow! Congrats! I wonder why they changed their minds so soon?! Hoping I might have the same fate? Did you take any special measures? Like email them or anything?

odonnlld5

Postby odonnlld5 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:36 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:
odonnlld5 wrote:Waitlisted in November and just got an email that I'm in! Surprised I got off the waitlist this early!

Wow! Congrats! I wonder why they changed their minds so soon?! Hoping I might have the same fate? Did you take any special measures? Like email them or anything?

All I did was tell them I wanted to remain on the waitlist when I was originally given that decision. Haven't contacted them since.

Stella77

Postby Stella77 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:54 pm

odonnlld5 wrote:Did everyone who got accepted find out about scholarships via email? Or in the admissions packet?

I did in both.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”