Everyone on TLS being accepted

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NanaP

Everyone on TLS being accepted

Postby NanaP » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:24 am

Just wondering by the lack of dings on TLS so far. Is unusual or is it still too early to tell if schools are accepting almost everyone? I haven't seen anyone report a ding yet, mostly all acceptances or at the very least holds.....

wtrc

Re: Everyone on TLS being accepted

Postby wtrc » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:50 am

Schools are not accepting almost everyone. It's way too early.

PalmBay

Postby PalmBay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:57 am

NanaP wrote:Just wondering by the lack of dings on TLS so far. Is unusual or is it still too early to tell if schools are accepting almost everyone? I haven't seen anyone report a ding yet, mostly all acceptances or at the very least holds.....

It's early in the cycle, which means schools are jumping at the juicy candidates and not yet denying the more competitive candidates.

If a candidate is borderline, at this point, they'll hold onto their application and see how it compares to the next waves of applications.
If a candidate is above the mean, they'll just accept.

They gain nothing by denying so early, unless the candidate is clearly not fit for their law school.

NanaP

Postby NanaP » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:00 am

PalmBay wrote:
NanaP wrote:Just wondering by the lack of dings on TLS so far. Is unusual or is it still too early to tell if schools are accepting almost everyone? I haven't seen anyone report a ding yet, mostly all acceptances or at the very least holds.....

It's early in the cycle, which means schools are jumping at the juicy candidates and not yet denying the more competitive candidates.

If a candidate is borderline, at this point, they'll hold onto their application and see how it compares to the next waves of applications.

They gain nothing by denying so early, unless the candidate is clearly not fit for their law school.

Ok, that makes perfect sense....thanks

kobe1020

Postby kobe1020 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:55 am

LSAT logic kicks in

Support: everyone on TLS has been accepted
Conclusion: law school has been accepting everyone/easy to get in

What's wrong:
1. Whoever got in is really competitive candidate - law school is still hard to get into
2. Those who got dinged is not willing to share it on TLS

Ok, now I'm Ready for my Saturday PT!!

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:14 pm

PalmBay wrote:

That, plus people getting dinged are probably not shouting it to the world on TLS.

HYSenberg

Postby HYSenberg » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:17 pm

iamgeorgebush wrote:That, plus people getting dinged are probably not shouting it to the world on TLS.

Screw that. I'm totally going to announce my rejections, and given some of the schools to which I applied, I should have at least a couple :D.

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:19 pm

HYSenberg wrote:
iamgeorgebush wrote:That, plus people getting dinged are probably not shouting it to the world on TLS.

Screw that. I'm totally going to announce my rejections, and given some of the schools to which I applied, I should have at least a couple :D.

Hmmmmm, I like this idea...maybe we should start a "Dinged by YLS" thread.

NanaP

Postby NanaP » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:31 pm

iamgeorgebush wrote:
HYSenberg wrote:

Hmmmmm, I like this idea...maybe we should start a "Dinged by YLS" thread.

Agree with this....should it be limited to YLS?

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Ok I made one for HYS: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=219988

YLS will take too long to reject people, figured expanding it to HYS would be more fun.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”