2013-2014 Admissions Spreadsheets

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:13 pm

lawschool22 wrote:I have noticed some of these are getting close to the 150 line limit. I don't have time at work to update or monitor them all right now, but when they start getting close, please let me know ITT and I will update accordingly.


jeez i didn't even know there was a 150 line limit.

ifffffff you aren't to busy prepping for your JS1, could you fix the colors in the Harvard spreadsheet?

on that note, what can and can't we edit in there that will mess up everything you've so graciously done for us? like i'd fix the colors myself but i don't want to ruin it :/

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 pm

scoobers wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I have noticed some of these are getting close to the 150 line limit. I don't have time at work to update or monitor them all right now, but when they start getting close, please let me know ITT and I will update accordingly.


jeez i didn't even know there was a 150 line limit.

ifffffff you aren't to busy prepping for your JS1, could you fix the colors in the Harvard spreadsheet?

on that note, what can and can't we edit in there that will mess up everything you've so graciously done for us? like i'd fix the colors myself but i don't want to ruin it :/


I think you should be able to fix the colors - they use conditional formatting, so if you're familiar with that function, you have my blessing :D

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:42 pm

I shouldn't have looked at the spreadsheet :). Just realized someone messed up the headings. Now to fix it...

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:54 pm

scoobers wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I have noticed some of these are getting close to the 150 line limit. I don't have time at work to update or monitor them all right now, but when they start getting close, please let me know ITT and I will update accordingly.


jeez i didn't even know there was a 150 line limit.


Just fixed the HLS limit, which I believe was the closest to 150.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby neprep » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:05 am

Someone had entered his or her interview request date incorrectly (it appeared as though the request had been made in 2012). I made the reasonable assumption that whoever it was meant 2013 and not 2012.

This error was messing up the Average Days Between Complete and Interview Request metric; after fixing the error, it went from 8 days to 79 days, which is much more in line with what we've been hearing.

Please be careful when populating the date fields, people!

ETA: I was talking about the Chicago spreadsheet, by the way.
Last edited by neprep on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks for fixing, nep! As you an imagine it is difficult for me to keep an eye on all of these, so I appreciate the help.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby neprep » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 am

lawschool22 wrote:Thanks for fixing, nep! As you an imagine it is difficult for me to keep an eye on all of these, so I appreciate the help.


No problem! You can't possibly keep checking 12 sheets over and over by yourself. :)

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Seems like something is up with the NYU spreadsheet- it isn't displaying all the entries (skips from number 8 to 20 for example). I don't want to mess with it myself in case I accidentally screw it up :P

EDIT- Ignore me, I figured it out- someone filtered it to just show acceptances. That I can fix without messing it up.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby wtrc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:59 pm

The next 7 days will have lots of movement.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby Kimikho » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 pm

wtrc wrote:The next 7 days will have lots of movement.


wtrc wrote:
scoobers wrote:
wtrc wrote:First round of JS2's for Harvard will be Monday. And it'll be a big round.

what are your predictions for people who submitted on Sunday.

asking for a friend


Will go complete Friday, JS1's the end of the week after Thanksgiving, if applicable.


:evil:

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:45 pm

wtrc wrote:The next 7 days will have lots of movement.


Why you say that? :shock:

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby midwest17 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 pm

What's up with the colors in the Harvard spreadsheet?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:28 pm

midwest17 wrote:What's up with the colors in the Harvard spreadsheet?


I'm not sure - someone decided to get creative I guess. I do see what they did - they simply went down Google's color scale from top to bottom for highest to lowest. If you guys want I can change it back to whatever you prefer.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby midwest17 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:What's up with the colors in the Harvard spreadsheet?


I'm not sure - someone decided to get creative I guess. I do see what they did - they simply went down Google's color scale from top to bottom for highest to lowest. If you guys want I can change it back to whatever you prefer.


Personally I find red/yellow/green the easiest to understand, but I also see how that could be difficult for people with certain kinds of color blindness.

I think the key thing is to only have 2 or 3 colors, and use shades beyond that. There's just too wide a variance right now.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:44 pm

midwest17 wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:What's up with the colors in the Harvard spreadsheet?


I'm not sure - someone decided to get creative I guess. I do see what they did - they simply went down Google's color scale from top to bottom for highest to lowest. If you guys want I can change it back to whatever you prefer.


Personally I find red/yellow/green the easiest to understand, but I also see how that could be difficult for people with certain kinds of color blindness.

I think the key thing is to only have 2 or 3 colors, and use shades beyond that. There's just too wide a variance right now.


I agree. I'll fix it.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby midwest17 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Looks like someone sorted the Duke spreadsheet a while ago and screwed up all the LSAT scores. Probably too long ago to be worth reverting, but people should fix their numbers... and people should stop trying to sort things...

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby midwest17 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:25 pm

midwest17 wrote:Looks like someone sorted the Duke spreadsheet a while ago and screwed up all the LSAT scores. Probably too long ago to be worth reverting, but people should fix their numbers... and people should stop trying to sort things...


Also Georgetown.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby Kimikho » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Image

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby Kimikho » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:30 pm

midwest17 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:Looks like someone sorted the Duke spreadsheet a while ago and screwed up all the LSAT scores. Probably too long ago to be worth reverting, but people should fix their numbers... and people should stop trying to sort things...


Also Georgetown.


and yeah, gtown is really messed up. the cells also aren't responding to the colors anymore.

User avatar
Pishee77
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby Pishee77 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:55 pm

scoobers wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:Looks like someone sorted the Duke spreadsheet a while ago and screwed up all the LSAT scores. Probably too long ago to be worth reverting, but people should fix their numbers... and people should stop trying to sort things...


Also Georgetown.


and yeah, gtown is really messed up. the cells also aren't responding to the colors anymore.
Problem with NYU too -_-

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Sorry guys I've been very busy this weekend. I'll try to get on tonight and fix them. Thanks for the message scoobs. I'm going to add to the OP.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:28 am

Sorry everyone, due to misuse of the GULC spreadsheet, it was restored to a version as of 12/3/13 at 5pm. Any changes made since that date will need to be re-entered. I apologize.

Let me reiterate: Please do not filter or sort, as there is a large likelihood of screwing something up if you do not know what you are doing (which recent history suggests is at least two users of this spreadsheet :D)

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:38 am

Duke and NYU seem okay to me...what was wrong with them? I just need to know so I can try to fix it if there is still something messed up :)

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:39 am

scoobers wrote:Image


Added to the OP. Thanks scoobs :D

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:29 pm

I adjusted the Harvard colors as well. Let me know if these work better.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, BrainsyK, Chipotle85, combatboots33, curry1, ellielaw, Google Adsense [Bot], oliviaj_j, Outis Onoma, piesandcookies, reydingo, URM_lawnerd and 22 guests