Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
underwear
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby underwear » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:20 am

For scholarship requests, do we contact the Financial Aid Office or the Assistant Dean of Admissions?

xoGossipGirl
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby xoGossipGirl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:51 pm

underwear wrote:For scholarship requests, do we contact the Financial Aid Office or the Assistant Dean of Admissions?



Yes but from my experience, if they wanted to give you a scholarship they would have. They gave me nothing, I politely requested $$$ and they politely rejected my request. One week later they INCREASED my [super smart] friend's scholarship without her even asking....my personal conclusion: they have money but are only giving it to the kids they really really want. I don't see them budging on the less-competitive/average students.

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Just withdrew. 30k/yr scholly

User avatar
DerekZoolander
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby DerekZoolander » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 pm

xoGossipGirl wrote:
underwear wrote:For scholarship requests, do we contact the Financial Aid Office or the Assistant Dean of Admissions?



Yes but from my experience, if they wanted to give you a scholarship they would have. They gave me nothing, I politely requested $$$ and they politely rejected my request. One week later they INCREASED my [super smart] friend's scholarship without her even asking....my personal conclusion: they have money but are only giving it to the kids they really really want. I don't see them budging on the less-competitive/average students.


I think this is correct...they've shrunk their incoming class size for the coming year, which is how they'll be able to keep their median stats roughly the same. This also allows them to be somewhat selective.

jackwhiteiii
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby jackwhiteiii » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 am

In off the waitlist, 3.4 161, very excited and definitely attending.

Does anyone know if there are 1L classes on Fridays?

Also does anyone have or know of a sample schedule?

owlie
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby owlie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:22 am

jackwhiteiii wrote:In off the waitlist, 3.4 161, very excited and definitely attending.

Does anyone know if there are 1L classes on Fridays?

Also does anyone have or know of a sample schedule?


Yeah, you'll have Friday classes as a 1L. This year there were two morning sections (generally, 8am - 12pm, M-F) and two afternoon sections (generally 1pm-5pm). Your Legal Writing Section can be a variable, as can your elective in the Spring. Outside of the elective, you have no control over your schedule.

paayter
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby paayter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:32 am

xoGossipGirl wrote:
underwear wrote:For scholarship requests, do we contact the Financial Aid Office or the Assistant Dean of Admissions?



Yes but from my experience, if they wanted to give you a scholarship they would have. They gave me nothing, I politely requested $$$ and they politely rejected my request. One week later they INCREASED my [super smart] friend's scholarship without her even asking....my personal conclusion: they have money but are only giving it to the kids they really really want. I don't see them budging on the less-competitive/average students.


this sounds depressing.

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby alecks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:38 pm

how do we withdraw our apps if we've already been accepted? perhaps a dumb question, I realize.

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:24 pm

alecks wrote:how do we withdraw our apps if we've already been accepted? perhaps a dumb question, I realize.


you mean withdraw your acceptance? you can email them directly. or you can simply miss the first deposit deadline (which is coming up at the end of the month).

christian01
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:59 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby christian01 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:11 am

still waiting on a decision, but for those who have been admitted when is the 1st and 2nd deposit due?

Shirosham
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Shirosham » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 am

Emailed for a scholarship reconsideration and was declined.

Will be withdrawing, I can't afford paying for law school ontop of my undergrad loans and I've got pretty decent offers from other schools. =\. Oh well.

jackwhiteiii
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby jackwhiteiii » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 am

owlie wrote:
jackwhiteiii wrote:In off the waitlist, 3.4 161, very excited and definitely attending.

Does anyone know if there are 1L classes on Fridays?

Also does anyone have or know of a sample schedule?


Yeah, you'll have Friday classes as a 1L. This year there were two morning sections (generally, 8am - 12pm, M-F) and two afternoon sections (generally 1pm-5pm). Your Legal Writing Section can be a variable, as can your elective in the Spring. Outside of the elective, you have no control over your schedule.


Thanks, this very helpful !

melisss_1009
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby melisss_1009 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 am

christian01 wrote:still waiting on a decision, but for those who have been admitted when is the 1st and 2nd deposit due?


The first is due April 30th and I believe the second is due June 1st. Keep in mind they mean received by and not postmarked!

User avatar
MinuetinG
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby MinuetinG » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:12 pm

does anyone know if they send some kind of acknowledgement when you put down the deposit? They only take theirs via snail mail so I have no idea if they received it. Check hasn't been cashed yet. I realize I can just contact them but i thought I'd see if anyone here knows.

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 am

MinuetinG wrote:does anyone know if they send some kind of acknowledgement when you put down the deposit? They only take theirs via snail mail so I have no idea if they received it. Check hasn't been cashed yet. I realize I can just contact them but i thought I'd see if anyone here knows.


go on your status checker. it will update there. i emailed them and they responded within the same day and directed me over to the status checker for future.

melisss_1009
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby melisss_1009 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:11 am

Candy Wrappers wrote:
MinuetinG wrote:does anyone know if they send some kind of acknowledgement when you put down the deposit? They only take theirs via snail mail so I have no idea if they received it. Check hasn't been cashed yet. I realize I can just contact them but i thought I'd see if anyone here knows.


go on your status checker. it will update there. i emailed them and they responded within the same day and directed me over to the status checker for future.


Yes the status check will update! I sent mine and they received it then the status check updated to Seat Deposit 1 Received or something similar

paayter
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby paayter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:30 am

anyone know if we can just drop the check off at their admissions office? i want to wait till the very last day to see other offers being made from different schools.

secondshot
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby secondshot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:22 pm

We put together a forum for 0L-3L los angeles law students here, if interested: http://lalawschool.freeforums.net/

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:08 pm

secondshot wrote:We put together a forum for 0L-3L los angeles law students here, if interested: http://lalawschool.freeforums.net/


cool.

User avatar
MinuetinG
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby MinuetinG » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:12 pm

paayter wrote:anyone know if we can just drop the check off at their admissions office? i want to wait till the very last day to see other offers being made from different schools.


Thanks for the info Candy Wrappers, I just checked my status checker and it does say received. I called them before it was updated though and they said they will accept deposits in person at the admissions office.

kalicelau
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:09 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kalicelau » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Is anyone else waiting to hear about a Dean's Scholarship or have any intel on when we might hear back? I was originally told April, then end of the month, but I am anxious to make a decision and a Dean's would seal the deal for me.

Smer45
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Smer45 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Anyone know if there is a Loyola class of 2017 group? Either on TLS or fb?

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Smer45 wrote:Anyone know if there is a Loyola class of 2017 group? Either on TLS or fb?


i know there's a fb group. i don't have a link cuz im no longer on fb. don't think there's one on TLS. should we make one?

Smer45
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Smer45 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Candy Wrappers wrote:
Smer45 wrote:Anyone know if there is a Loyola class of 2017 group? Either on TLS or fb?


i know there's a fb group. i don't have a link cuz im no longer on fb. don't think there's one on TLS. should we make one?


Yeah!

anathema
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby anathema » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Hey All,

LLS 1L here. Taking a break from studying for finals and thought I'd offer to answer some questions. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Exabot [Bot], kdonohue, pkalltheway, Pomegranate27, Smc1994, spursforever and 38 guests