Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
Ally Mcbeal wrote:IN Via Snail Mail!!! w/ 78,000 scholly
Complete 12/13
Decision 1/6
3.63 158



Congrats! do you mind sharing timeline/status checker updates?


do you know if PT apps goes in the same pool as the FT? because i think your best bet would be figuring that out. otherwise our timeline will only stress you out.



I love how you are on top of all of this. Seriously...It's super cool. I appreciate helping calm me down, and that's a very good point. I will just go on assuming that no PT decisions have been issued :D


aww :D im glad im helping!! cuz i know how stressed you must be and its not a good feeling to constantly have.

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:46 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
Ally Mcbeal wrote:IN Via Snail Mail!!! w/ 78,000 scholly
Complete 12/13
Decision 1/6
3.63 158



Congrats! do you mind sharing timeline/status checker updates?


I'm sorry. I honestly can't remember my updates. Other than I submitted at the end of November and then the dates above.

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm not sure about PT, but I would assume it is a different pool

User avatar
bloomingtea
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bloomingtea » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:14 am

.
Last edited by bloomingtea on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yukishirotomoe
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby yukishirotomoe » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Decision rendered today (part-time program)... waiting for snail mail.

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:12 pm

yukishirotomoe wrote:Decision rendered today (part-time program)... waiting for snail mail.



Hopefully it's good news! This is the part where I almost threw my laptop out the window after checking my status checker and realized that nope..still stuck at complete...Loyola, why don't you love me?

User avatar
kcolleen
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kcolleen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:14 pm

In case anyone is interested, I sent an email to the office of financial aid asking about their policy on increasing/matching scholarship offers.

Jannell Roberts sent me this reply:

"We understand that the cost of your legal education is an important consideration. We make every effort to assist our admitted students but we do not have a matching program.

Loyola does offer additional scholarship assistance to students in the top 10% of the first-year class. These funds are automatically offered once spring grades and class rank are released and they provide significant assistance to these students."

Hope that helps anyone who is thinking about negotiating with Loyola :-/

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:37 pm

kcolleen wrote:In case anyone is interested, I sent an email to the office of financial aid asking about their policy on increasing/matching scholarship offers.

Jannell Roberts sent me this reply:

"We understand that the cost of your legal education is an important consideration. We make every effort to assist our admitted students but we do not have a matching program.

Loyola does offer additional scholarship assistance to students in the top 10% of the first-year class. These funds are automatically offered once spring grades and class rank are released and they provide significant assistance to these students."

Hope that helps anyone who is thinking about negotiating with Loyola :-/


yea..she said the same thing to me. from what i know, they are saying NO to everything..pretty stubborn :(

Stella77
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Stella77 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:57 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
kcolleen wrote:In case anyone is interested, I sent an email to the office of financial aid asking about their policy on increasing/matching scholarship offers.

Jannell Roberts sent me this reply:

"We understand that the cost of your legal education is an important consideration. We make every effort to assist our admitted students but we do not have a matching program.

Loyola does offer additional scholarship assistance to students in the top 10% of the first-year class. These funds are automatically offered once spring grades and class rank are released and they provide significant assistance to these students."

Hope that helps anyone who is thinking about negotiating with Loyola :-/


yea..she said the same thing to me. from what i know, they are saying NO to everything..pretty stubborn :(



Same. I think I'm just going to withdraw since I have better offers. Kinda thought I would end up attending here but guess not...

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Stella77 wrote:
Same. I think I'm just going to withdraw since I have better offers. Kinda thought I would end up attending here but guess not...


Stella, did you tell them about your pepperdine scholly offer????

Stella77
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Stella77 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:27 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
Stella77 wrote:
Same. I think I'm just going to withdraw since I have better offers. Kinda thought I would end up attending here but guess not...


Stella, did you tell them about your pepperdine scholly offer????



No I just told them that Loyola is my first choice and I have competing offers from schools in Los Angeles. I thought they would probably ask to see the letter and at least match it. The guy that emailed me back said that they do not negotiate.

Tburg
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Tburg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Sent 1/26
Complete 2/12
Decision rendered 2/14

I'm southern california local, so hopefully I receive my snail mail tomorrow if they sent it out today after the weekend and holiday.

p_monayy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby p_monayy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Hey everyone,

I don't post much but just thought I'd share my info.

In today via snail mail with 96k.
Sent: 1/24
Complete: Don't remember unfortunately!
Decision: 2/14

Also a So Cal native.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 pm

p_monayy wrote:Hey everyone,

I don't post much but just thought I'd share my info.

In today via snail mail with 96k.
Sent: 1/24
Complete: Don't remember unfortunately!
Decision: 2/14

Also a So Cal native.


congratz!

p_monayy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby p_monayy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:41 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
p_monayy wrote:Hey everyone,

I don't post much but just thought I'd share my info.

In today via snail mail with 96k.
Sent: 1/24
Complete: Don't remember unfortunately!
Decision: 2/14

Also a So Cal native.


congratz!


Thank you!

cmroberto
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby cmroberto » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Complete 2/1
Updated complete 2/8 and 2/14
Decision Rendered 2/21
hopefully I will hear Monday or Tuesday!

161/3.9

cmroberto
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby cmroberto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:35 pm

cmroberto wrote:Complete 2/1
Updated complete 2/8 and 2/14
Decision Rendered 2/21
hopefully I will hear Monday or Tuesday!

161/3.9


IN via snail mail today with 96,000 (32k/year)

ec24
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby ec24 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Hey guys,

I was admitted but I will be withdrawing today so hopefully they can allocate the $ (96k) and spot to someone else who would actually go. Good luck!

Edit: FYI, I sent them my Pepperdine scholly (148k) previously and they told me they won't up my $ unless I sent them a letter addressed to the dean of admissions specifically asking to be considered for a name scholarship. If I were you guys, I would send her that letter and keep sending more updates/numbers their way. No negotiation seems silly at a time where the law school economy is a buyer's market.

Aequitas_
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Aequitas_ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 am

In with 67.5k scholly. Will not consider attending w/o a full ride. If they maintain that hard line attitude of not negotiating with students they can expect another dip in rankings this year. Not sure where the logic in this is as they're near the bottom of the bottom of the totem pole in law schools in California. I'll be withdrawing my app if I fail to negotiate more money.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:10 am

cmroberto wrote:
cmroberto wrote:Complete 2/1
Updated complete 2/8 and 2/14
Decision Rendered 2/21
hopefully I will hear Monday or Tuesday!

161/3.9


IN via snail mail today with 96,000 (32k/year)


If you are serious about attending, I highly suggest you negotiate. I got that offer with a very similar LSAT last year with a way lower GPA. You can probably cop that full ride.

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby krispymenudo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:23 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
cmroberto wrote:
cmroberto wrote:Complete 2/1
Updated complete 2/8 and 2/14
Decision Rendered 2/21
hopefully I will hear Monday or Tuesday!

161/3.9


IN via snail mail today with 96,000 (32k/year)


If you are serious about attending, I highly suggest you negotiate. I got that offer with a very similar LSAT last year with a way lower GPA. You can probably cop that full ride.


I was wondering what the prospects were for negotiating actually. I really like Loyola but the scholarship Pepperdine gave me would make attending Pep cost less than half as much as Loyola. I got 17.5k/year, which I thought was kind of low

cmroberto
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby cmroberto » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:10 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
cmroberto wrote:
cmroberto wrote:Complete 2/1
Updated complete 2/8 and 2/14
Decision Rendered 2/21
hopefully I will hear Monday or Tuesday!

161/3.9


IN via snail mail today with 96,000 (32k/year)


If you are serious about attending, I highly suggest you negotiate. I got that offer with a very similar LSAT last year with a way lower GPA. You can probably cop that full ride.


I most likely will not attend unless they increase the money. I am not sure how to go about negotiating with them though..

underwear
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby underwear » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 pm

too lazy to search: does Loyola email decisions or are they strictly snail-mail?

edit: also, if you're waitlisted, are you told through email/status update/snail-mail?

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:40 pm

underwear wrote:too lazy to search: does Loyola email decisions or are they strictly snail-mail?

edit: also, if you're waitlisted, are you told through email/status update/snail-mail?


It seems like admits are being done through Snail Mail.

No one has reported a waitlist/denial on here, so I don't think we can help you there.

BTW, if I was told that I should get a decision by the end of February, would it be ok to call on Monday if my status still shows complete after today? What do you guys think?

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby krispymenudo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:25 pm

ec24 wrote:Hey guys,

I was admitted but I will be withdrawing today so hopefully they can allocate the $ (96k) and spot to someone else who would actually go. Good luck!

Edit: FYI, I sent them my Pepperdine scholly (148k) previously and they told me they won't up my $ unless I sent them a letter addressed to the dean of admissions specifically asking to be considered for a name scholarship. If I were you guys, I would send her that letter and keep sending more updates/numbers their way. No negotiation seems silly at a time where the law school economy is a buyer's market.


By name scholarship, do you mean we should request a specific one or just tell them we would like "a name scholarship"?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”