Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:00 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
ec24 wrote:Got my acceptance a few weeks ago, $90k scholly. I found Loyola to be pretty slow with this sent I sent my app at the end of November.



Congrats but I can't help it but LOL at the end of November comment..I'm still waiting and I submitted at the beginning of October!



Hmmm u seem to be waiting for an extremely long time since u started the thread. Did u ever receive a status checker??



Lol, yea I got a status checker and I've had a couple date changes on there too. Stats are LSAT around 75% and GPA around 25%, perhaps that's why it's taking them a while longer..I just hope it's positive and if they throw some $$ it will make it a very possible option for me.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
ec24 wrote:Got my acceptance a few weeks ago, $90k scholly. I found Loyola to be pretty slow with this sent I sent my app at the end of November.



Congrats but I can't help it but LOL at the end of November comment..I'm still waiting and I submitted at the beginning of October!



Hmmm u seem to be waiting for an extremely long time since u started the thread. Did u ever receive a status checker??



Lol, yea I got a status checker and I've had a couple date changes on there too. Stats are LSAT around 75% and GPA around 25%, perhaps that's why it's taking them a while longer..I just hope it's positive and if they throw some $$ it will make it a very possible option for me.


That is extremely odd. U got good numbers. I remember ur the part time program??

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Yup I'm pending for the PT program, wish me good news soon!

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:Yup I'm pending for the PT program, wish me good news soon!


I'm for sure rooting for you. I don't even think it's a problem for u to get in. Prob just a stip with scholly.

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:10 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:Yup I'm pending for the PT program, wish me good news soon!


I'm for sure rooting for you. I don't even think it's a problem for u to get in. Prob just a stip with scholly.



Thank you! I hope you are right. Based on this conversation I want to let you know that you are very cool.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Man, is it possible for them to drop the stips? It's such a TTT thing to do.

User avatar
bkegslounge
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bkegslounge » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:19 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:Man, is it possible for them to drop the stips? It's such a TTT thing to do.

I'm going to try. USD (ranked exactly the same) gave me the same amount as Loyola but with no stip.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:27 pm

bkegslounge wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Man, is it possible for them to drop the stips? It's such a TTT thing to do.

I'm going to try. USD (ranked exactly the same) gave me the same amount as Loyola but with no stip.


I feel like loyola is a bit stubborn

melisss_1009
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby melisss_1009 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Does anyone know if there is an Admitted Students Day or anything? I looked all over the website and in my admissions packet and didn't see anything

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:08 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
bkegslounge wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Man, is it possible for them to drop the stips? It's such a TTT thing to do.

I'm going to try. USD (ranked exactly the same) gave me the same amount as Loyola but with no stip.


I feel like loyola is a bit stubborn


I know of no one that successfully negotiated away the stips. I would assume that it will not happen unless you are magically upgraded to a Dean's or Burns.

It's a little TTT, but it's in their business model. It is the one upside (if you can look at it that way) of the premium on federally funded tuition payment over the past few years.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:55 pm

melisss_1009 wrote:Does anyone know if there is an Admitted Students Day or anything? I looked all over the website and in my admissions packet and didn't see anything


i too couldn't find much on the topic. im guessing April/May? when more students have decided where they are heading to next fall.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 am

eliztudorr wrote:
melisss_1009 wrote:Does anyone know if there is an Admitted Students Day or anything? I looked all over the website and in my admissions packet and didn't see anything


i too couldn't find much on the topic. im guessing April/May? when more students have decided where they are heading to next fall.


It's still a little early. They will start swooning you when they have their decisions mostly finished. Last year there were events on campus, one at Dodger Stadium, and one or two others around the city.

They want to be able to have as many admitted students as possible at this things I think. I can't imagine they are cheap to throw.

MacAttack35
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby MacAttack35 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:46 pm

I got in via snail mail with a 3.68 cGPA (especially strong in my last two years) and a 153 LSAT. So, I mean there's hope for lower scores. However, it doesn't appear as though I got any money which will make going to Loyola prettyyyyyy tough.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:16 am

MacAttack35 wrote:I got in via snail mail with a 3.68 cGPA (especially strong in my last two years) and a 153 LSAT. So, I mean there's hope for lower scores. However, it doesn't appear as though I got any money which will make going to Loyola prettyyyyyy tough.



hey congratz! :D where else did you get into? if you don't mind me asking

User avatar
kirbyb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kirbyb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:24 am

I have 3 complete dates so far. I saw someone else get three complete dates and then an acceptance later that day (with no decision rendered date). Fingers crossed? How many complete dates did everyone else get?

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:56 am

kirbyb wrote:I have 3 complete dates so far. I saw someone else get three complete dates and then an acceptance later that day (with no decision rendered date). Fingers crossed? How many complete dates did everyone else get?


i only know of 2. but don't worry :D law school is a numbers game.

angieess
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby angieess » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Still waiting as a Part Time applicant :|

MacAttack35
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby MacAttack35 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:07 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
MacAttack35 wrote:I got in via snail mail with a 3.68 cGPA (especially strong in my last two years) and a 153 LSAT. So, I mean there's hope for lower scores. However, it doesn't appear as though I got any money which will make going to Loyola prettyyyyyy tough.



hey congratz! :D where else did you get into? if you don't mind me asking


I'm Canadian so applied in both countries.

School's I've heard back from:
Loyola - In
UNH - In
University of Windsor/University Detroit Mercy Dual JD program - In
Michigan State - In

School's I'm waiting to hear:
University of Ottawa (my #1)
University of Toronto (0% chance but I figured why not)
Chicago-Kent

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 am

MacAttack35 wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
MacAttack35 wrote:I got in via snail mail with a 3.68 cGPA (especially strong in my last two years) and a 153 LSAT. So, I mean there's hope for lower scores. However, it doesn't appear as though I got any money which will make going to Loyola prettyyyyyy tough.



hey congratz! :D where else did you get into? if you don't mind me asking


I'm Canadian so applied in both countries.

School's I've heard back from:
Loyola - In
UNH - In
University of Windsor/University Detroit Mercy Dual JD program - In
Michigan State - In

School's I'm waiting to hear:
University of Ottawa (my #1)
University of Toronto (0% chance but I figured why not)
Chicago-Kent


:D you prob will hear good news from Chicago-Kent as well! cuz its similar rank as Loyola. congratz on all those you got in!! leaning towards any particular school yet??

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:26 pm

IN Via Snail Mail!!! w/ 78,000 scholly
Complete 12/13
Decision 1/6
3.63 158

MacAttack35
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby MacAttack35 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:16 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
MacAttack35 wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
MacAttack35 wrote:I got in via snail mail with a 3.68 cGPA (especially strong in my last two years) and a 153 LSAT. So, I mean there's hope for lower scores. However, it doesn't appear as though I got any money which will make going to Loyola prettyyyyyy tough.



hey congratz! :D where else did you get into? if you don't mind me asking


I'm Canadian so applied in both countries.

School's I've heard back from:
Loyola - In
UNH - In
University of Windsor/University Detroit Mercy Dual JD program - In
Michigan State - In

School's I'm waiting to hear:
University of Ottawa (my #1)
University of Toronto (0% chance but I figured why not)
Chicago-Kent


:D you prob will hear good news from Chicago-Kent as well! cuz its similar rank as Loyola. congratz on all those you got in!! leaning towards any particular school yet??
eliztudorr wrote:
MacAttack35 wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
MacAttack35 wrote:I got in via snail mail with a 3.68 cGPA (especially strong in my last two years) and a 153 LSAT. So, I mean there's hope for lower scores. However, it doesn't appear as though I got any money which will make going to Loyola prettyyyyyy tough.



hey congratz! :D where else did you get into? if you don't mind me asking


I'm Canadian so applied in both countries.

School's I've heard back from:
Loyola - In
UNH - In
University of Windsor/University Detroit Mercy Dual JD program - In
Michigan State - In

School's I'm waiting to hear:
University of Ottawa (my #1)
University of Toronto (0% chance but I figured why not)
Chicago-Kent


:D you prob will hear good news from Chicago-Kent as well! cuz its similar rank as Loyola. congratz on all those you got in!! leaning towards any particular school yet??


I hope so!
Ottawa is my #1 since Toronto is a farrrrrr reach. But I'd love to go to Loyola ... the lack of any scholarship money whatsoever just kinda ruins it haha

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:IN Via Snail Mail!!! w/ 78,000 scholly
Complete 12/13
Decision 1/6
3.63 158


congratz :D

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:IN Via Snail Mail!!! w/ 78,000 scholly
Complete 12/13
Decision 1/6
3.63 158



Congrats! do you mind sharing timeline/status checker updates?

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby eliztudorr » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
Ally Mcbeal wrote:IN Via Snail Mail!!! w/ 78,000 scholly
Complete 12/13
Decision 1/6
3.63 158



Congrats! do you mind sharing timeline/status checker updates?


do you know if PT apps goes in the same pool as the FT? because i think your best bet would be figuring that out. otherwise our timeline will only stress you out.

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Loyola Law School C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:40 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
Ally Mcbeal wrote:IN Via Snail Mail!!! w/ 78,000 scholly
Complete 12/13
Decision 1/6
3.63 158



Congrats! do you mind sharing timeline/status checker updates?


do you know if PT apps goes in the same pool as the FT? because i think your best bet would be figuring that out. otherwise our timeline will only stress you out.



I love how you are on top of all of this. Seriously...It's super cool. I appreciate helping calm me down, and that's a very good point. I will just go on assuming that no PT decisions have been issued :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tinafeyclone and 3 guests