Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dredd_2017
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Dredd_2017 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:24 pm

In today (Not off waitlist as I applied late, straight admit) with scholarship.

LSAT > 75th
GPA < 25th

Anyone have experience negotiating with BU? How did you go about it and what was the result?

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 09, 2014 9:53 am

what were peoples experiencing negotiating scholarship with BU?

WolverineDream11
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby WolverineDream11 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 am

I got them to up their scholarship offer by 18K earlier this week, they matched an offer I had from Minnesota.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri May 09, 2014 10:36 am

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corifornication
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby corifornication » Mon May 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Who did you send the email to? I sent one to the head of Admissions directly and heard nothing back. That was just over a month ago now.

bcoco9292
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby bcoco9292 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Does anyone know when the next wave of decisions will be made from the wait list?

User avatar
sallysitwell
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby sallysitwell » Mon May 19, 2014 2:37 pm

When is the second deposit deadline for BU?

WolverineDream11
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby WolverineDream11 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:19 pm

sallysitwell wrote:When is the second deposit deadline for BU?


June 1st.

My best guess is the next wave of offers may come after that.

User avatar
sallysitwell
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby sallysitwell » Mon May 19, 2014 3:22 pm

WolverineDream11 wrote:
sallysitwell wrote:When is the second deposit deadline for BU?


June 1st.

My best guess is the next wave of offers may come after that.



Thank you!

Ngoblue2014
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Ngoblue2014 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:00 pm

2nd deposit sent today! looking forward to meeting everyone

corifornication
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby corifornication » Thu May 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I have another scholarship question. I was able to negotiate a scholarship increase to $20,000/year, but have since received some other really nice scholarship offers from other schools. Do you think it's too late to try to negotiate a second time, being that second deposits are due at the end of this week(ish)?

bcoco9292
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby bcoco9292 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Accepted off the wait list today! Scholarship info to come!

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Wed May 28, 2014 9:36 am

a hard choice :( but, withdrew with 60K, good luck to those still waiting

Law2017
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Law2017 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Does anyone know if there has been any WL movement since end of May? Also does anyone know how many people they are accepting off the WL? I'm starting to lose hope :cry:

User avatar
femmefatale
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby femmefatale » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:57 pm

How is everyone's housing search coming along?

skatekate
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:07 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby skatekate » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:17 pm

femmefatale wrote:How is everyone's housing search coming along?


Badly :(

Did anyone else send in the application for 580 Commonwealth? I thought living there would be the most hassle-free, but I'm getting really worried now that it's mid-June and I still haven't heard back.

joeisreallycool
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby joeisreallycool » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:24 pm

What were your guy's GPA's and LSATs if you don't mind me asking? BU or BC is definitely where I want to go. As of now I'm sitting at a 3.2 and am taking my first LSAT come the end of September. Obviously going for perfection but just wanted to see how you all faired and what numbers you got in with.

User avatar
femmefatale
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby femmefatale » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 pm

skatekate wrote:
femmefatale wrote:How is everyone's housing search coming along?


Badly :(

Did anyone else send in the application for 580 Commonwealth? I thought living there would be the most hassle-free, but I'm getting really worried now that it's mid-June and I still haven't heard back.

Don't count on Commonwealth.
I spoke with BU housing in April, shortly after sending in my app for 580 Commonwealth. They told me it was highly unlikely (almost impossible) to get off of the waitlist. This is because Commonwealth is the only BU housing that doesn't require you to visit before submitting an application. As a result, the list is comprised of a very large number of international students and out of state students. When I visited campus a few weeks ago the housing employee I met with told me that there were currently around 300 people on the waiting list.

User avatar
Zero99
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Zero99 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:41 am

femmefatale wrote:
skatekate wrote:
femmefatale wrote:How is everyone's housing search coming along?


Badly :(

Did anyone else send in the application for 580 Commonwealth? I thought living there would be the most hassle-free, but I'm getting really worried now that it's mid-June and I still haven't heard back.

Don't count on Commonwealth.
I spoke with BU housing in April, shortly after sending in my app for 580 Commonwealth. They told me it was highly unlikely (almost impossible) to get off of the waitlist. This is because Commonwealth is the only BU housing that doesn't require you to visit before submitting an application. As a result, the list is comprised of a very large number of international students and out of state students. When I visited campus a few weeks ago the housing employee I met with told me that there were currently around 300 people on the waiting list.


I wouldn't just limit the search to around bu- there are lots of decent places further along comm ave or on Allston street. If you don't mind getting up earlier to catch the T, it is a good option and you'll save some money too. Living with roommates you should be paying around 700- studios are around 1100-1200 in my experience. Definitely recommend roommates - a lot of people roomed with people they met on the bu Facebook page. A good number got random roommates from Craigslist and that turned out fine too.

Ngoblue2014
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Ngoblue2014 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:46 am

Hey Joe I'm going to BU but seriously considered BC and also had a 3.2/3.3. My LSAT is above the median however, aim for a 167 to be safe and apply early

afern0607
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby afern0607 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:48 am

Law2017 wrote:Does anyone know if there has been any WL movement since end of May? Also does anyone know how many people they are accepting off the WL? I'm starting to lose hope :cry:


Waitlisted back in April, doesn't seem like there's been much movement with the exception of a few here and there. I've spoken to the admissions office a few times over the phone but haven't received any kind of decision. I think it's safe to say it doesn't seem like there will be a large number of acceptances off the WL from here to fall.

joeisreallycool
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby joeisreallycool » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:00 pm

Ngoblue2014 wrote:Hey Joe I'm going to BU but seriously considered BC and also had a 3.2/3.3. My LSAT is above the median however, aim for a 167 to be safe and apply early


Thanks man, really appreciate it. Congratulations by the way.

User avatar
femmefatale
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby femmefatale » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Anyone else get an e-mail from BU housing, concerning available apartments in Commonwealth?

I'm excited, but don't want to get my hopes up.

RC0925
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby RC0925 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:38 pm

is anyone looking for a roommate near campus? PM me please

bcoco9292
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby bcoco9292 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Hey guys! Is anyone still looking for a roommate? I signed a lease for a 2 bedroom apartment which is a 6 min walk from the law school. Rent is $1600/month plus utilities. Please message me for more details!!!!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], whodareswins and 5 guests