Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:55 am

theMasterofBiotech wrote:JUST GOT IN OFF OF THE WAITLIST

by phone call and immediate email afterwards!!

They said they will be sending scholarship information within 1-2 days and gave me until May 7 to deposit


Wow congrats! That gives us all some hope.

ame13
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby ame13 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 pm

theMasterofBiotech wrote:JUST GOT IN OFF OF THE WAITLIST

by phone call and immediate email afterwards!!

They said they will be sending scholarship information within 1-2 days and gave me until May 7 to deposit


wow congrats!!!!

mathwhiz87
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby mathwhiz87 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:00 pm

ame13 wrote:
theMasterofBiotech wrote:JUST GOT IN OFF OF THE WAITLIST

by phone call and immediate email afterwards!!

They said they will be sending scholarship information within 1-2 days and gave me until May 7 to deposit


wow congrats!!!!


Nice!

I really liked BU and their faculty, but just couldn't make it work.

Has anyone received their check for flights to/from ASD?

User avatar
sallysitwell
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby sallysitwell » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:05 pm

theMasterofBiotech wrote:JUST GOT IN OFF OF THE WAITLIST

by phone call and immediate email afterwards!!

They said they will be sending scholarship information within 1-2 days and gave me until May 7 to deposit


Congrats!! :D

If you don't mind me asking, did you submit any LOCI or additional LOR?

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm

sallysitwell wrote:
theMasterofBiotech wrote:JUST GOT IN OFF OF THE WAITLIST

by phone call and immediate email afterwards!!

They said they will be sending scholarship information within 1-2 days and gave me until May 7 to deposit


Congrats!! :D

If you don't mind me asking, did you submit any LOCI or additional LOR?



I did not submit LOCI or additional LOR, just filled out the waitlist request

User avatar
fratstar1
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby fratstar1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 pm

also got phone call/email. I told them I was interested, I'm not sure if I can go unless they match BC's offer, which honestly I doubt they will.

Ngoblue2014
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Ngoblue2014 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Just got in with scholarship off WL!

Bobzilla
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Bobzilla » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Got a call from a rep yesterday saying they would start accepting people off the waitlist today, guess they weren't kidding. Are you couple that got admitted high LSAT, lower GPA people or vice-versa? Trying to figure out where I stand and if my acceptance today to BC will give me the slightest bit of leverage.

Ngoblue2014
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Ngoblue2014 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:13 pm

High LSAT low gpa (3.26) for
Me. But very late application (March) exceptional softs

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Ngoblue2014 wrote:High LSAT low gpa (3.26) for
Me. But very late application (March) exceptional softs


I'm reverse (high GPA low LSAT). Hope that works out for me :)

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Bobzilla wrote:Got a call from a rep yesterday saying they would start accepting people off the waitlist today, guess they weren't kidding. Are you couple that got admitted high LSAT, lower GPA people or vice-versa? Trying to figure out where I stand and if my acceptance today to BC will give me the slightest bit of leverage.



Congrats! I'm also in at BC today. My stats are 164, 3.38 bio major, (3.54 MS in biotechnology), work experience alongside school. I guess that makes me midrange?

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:02 am

Just got an email from BU saying to be patient and that they are beginning to pull from the WL. My heart nearly dropped out of my chest when I got the email. Why must they tease me like that??????

User avatar
sallysitwell
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby sallysitwell » Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 am

I just got the waitlist update email. I was slightly more pessimistic and thought it was an email releasing me from the waitlist (stats below both medians), so I'm relieved that it was just an update!

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Thu May 01, 2014 10:33 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Withdrawing today, substantial $$ back in the pot. Good luck!


Yay thanks!

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Thu May 01, 2014 1:44 pm

They offered me 20K/year scholarship today (accepted off waitlist yesterday)

klondike5
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby klondike5 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:50 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:Just got an email from BU saying to be patient and that they are beginning to pull from the WL. My heart nearly dropped out of my chest when I got the email. Why must they tease me like that??????


Same here, that's some high quality trolling right there. I am certain they have some system that identifies the waitlisters who read the posts about people coming off the waitlist yesterday to send them the email with "BU Waitlist Update" in the subject line. I'm sure the subject of the next one will be "BU Waitlist - Congrats!" only to congratulate us on choosing to stay on the list. Must be some kind of test of our character and resolve. I see you BU and I am not flinching.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:51 pm

klondike5 wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:Just got an email from BU saying to be patient and that they are beginning to pull from the WL. My heart nearly dropped out of my chest when I got the email. Why must they tease me like that??????


Same here, that's some high quality trolling right there. I am certain they have some system that identifies the waitlisters who read the posts about people coming off the waitlist yesterday to send them the email with "BU Waitlist Update" in the subject line. I'm sure the subject of the next one will be "BU Waitlist - Congrats!" only to congratulate us on choosing to stay on the list. Must be some kind of test of our character and resolve. I see you BU and I am not flinching.


BU Waitlist - Congratulations! We Want You! to remain on the waitlist

User avatar
fratstar1
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby fratstar1 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Got 17k/year ---not bad.

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 am

Hey all,

As previously posted, I just got into BU off waitlist with 20k/year.

I have a refundable $400 seat deposit down at Cardozo, who is offering me 38K/year.

What do you guys think about Cardozo with 38K/year vs. BU with 20k/year?

User avatar
SFrost
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby SFrost » Fri May 02, 2014 10:40 am

theMasterofBiotech wrote:Hey all,

As previously posted, I just got into BU off waitlist with 20k/year.

I have a refundable $400 seat deposit down at Cardozo, who is offering me 38K/year.

What do you guys think about Cardozo with 38K/year vs. BU with 20k/year?


Hmm let's see... First of all, Cardozo is 6k/yr higher tuition and estimated 8k/yr higher COL. That 20kVS38k is really not much difference when you factor those. BU is a good value when compared to most of T1.

That said, BU wins in employment by a pretty clear margin. I think it should really come down to if you have a burning desire to work in MA or NY.

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 am

SFrost wrote:
theMasterofBiotech wrote:Hey all,

As previously posted, I just got into BU off waitlist with 20k/year.

I have a refundable $400 seat deposit down at Cardozo, who is offering me 38K/year.

What do you guys think about Cardozo with 38K/year vs. BU with 20k/year?


Hmm let's see... First of all, Cardozo is 6k/yr higher tuition and estimated 8k/yr higher COL. That 20kVS38k is really not much difference when you factor those. BU is a good value when compared to most of T1.

That said, BU wins in employment by a pretty clear margin. I think it should really come down to if you have a burning desire to work in MA or NY.



I have a strong preference for BU over Cardozo, and totally agree re: employment.. but 18K is nothing to blink at.

But thanks for reminding me to look at the value.. I just did the calculations and got that Cardozo's projected expenses are ~12K higher than BU's projected expenses...

also do you think it is worth asking for an increase when Carodozo isn't considered a "comparable school"? I just got admitted to BC also and they're info is coming in the mail so I can wait to see theirs as well. But BU wants a deposit by 5/7

Ngoblue2014
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Ngoblue2014 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:56 pm

Same deal for me at BU, but BC offered me 27, Minnesota 25, Wake 35, Indiana 30, Alabama 25, Illinois full tuition, UGA 80% tuition. Do you guys think I can negotiate with any of these offers? If BU were to bump me to 23-25k per year i would sign today

theMasterofBiotech
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Ngoblue2014 wrote:Same deal for me at BU, but BC offered me 27, Minnesota 25, Wake 35, Indiana 30, Alabama 25, Illinois full tuition, UGA 80% tuition. Do you guys think I can negotiate with any of these offers? If BU were to bump me to 23-25k per year i would sign today



I think so! By comparing with higher schollys from BC, Indiana, and/or Wake Forest, Alabam you have a good shot. I just got an offer from BC today for 20 which is exactly the same as my BU. gosh darn them! lol - so your chances are way better than mine. I should have applied to more schools in that range for just bargaining power

I'd definitely try to negotiate with an offer from comparable school.. maybe BC considering its same location, or Wake since its the highest amt of the very closely ranked ones.

Ngoblue2014
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2017 (2013-14 admissions cycle)

Postby Ngoblue2014 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:05 pm

thank you for the advice, and congrats on both acceptances! where are you leaning? and how long should i wait to negotiate?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, Baidu [Spider], bellaboo, BodieBroadus, carlos_danger, Ferrisjso, jprath2, Kopetz, NotAGolfer, potterotter, sec_undergrad, StopLawying, ThorB and 42 guests