Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kellyb4

New

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Post by kellyb4 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Had date changes on the 9th and today.. really really hoping for some good news off the wait-list today...

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Thu May 22, 2014 8:19 pm

kellyb4 wrote:Had date changes on the 9th and today.. really really hoping for some good news off the wait-list today...
Seems like most waitlist decisons happen on Friday. So maybe tommorow!!!

okong

New

Post by okong » Thu May 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Last edited by okong on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FeiLAw

New

Post by FeiLAw » Fri May 23, 2014 12:30 am

elle.woods8 wrote:Question: OK to email a LOCI or should I mail it?
imo i don't think a loci will help or even be read.

The Outsider

New

Post by The Outsider » Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 am

At some point do they tell waitlisted applicants that there's no way they'll get in and therefore they should just move on and make alternative arrangements? Or do they string them along for the entire summer until the applicants come to that realization on their own, say around early August?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Fri May 23, 2014 10:53 am

FeiLAw wrote:
An LOCI definitely helps. A lot of people are in the waitlist and schools are looking for people that are the most interested.

elle.woods8

New

Post by elle.woods8 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:47 am

chizzy wrote:
FeiLAw wrote:
An LOCI definitely helps. A lot of people are in the waitlist and schools are looking for people that are the most interested.
Thanks and agreed. Would you recommend mailing or is email sufficient?

30-Something

Bronze

Post by 30-Something » Fri May 23, 2014 1:17 pm

elle.woods8 wrote:
chizzy wrote:
FeiLAw wrote:
Thanks and agreed. Would you recommend mailing or is email sufficient?
I emailed my LOCIs. It's totally appropriate and just at effective. Good luck!

fratstar1

Bronze

Post by fratstar1 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:56 pm

anyone think we're going to get any waitlist movement?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Tue May 27, 2014 1:20 pm

fratstar1 wrote:anyone think we're going to get any waitlist movement?
Given the email that was sent out, I think so, after June 2nd.

fratstar1

Bronze

Post by fratstar1 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Yazzzay wrote:
I wasn't sure if the email indicates that we would here right after Memorial Day or
after the second deposit deadline.

FeiLAw

New

Post by FeiLAw » Tue May 27, 2014 3:17 pm

fratstar1 wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:
I wasn't sure if the email indicates that we would here right after Memorial Day or
What email? I guess i didn't get it

The Outsider

New

Post by The Outsider » Tue May 27, 2014 3:52 pm

FeiLAw wrote:
fratstar1 wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:
I didn't get it either. It'd be great if one of the folks who received it could copy and paste it here and share its content with the rest of us. The silence from Fordham's Admissions Office the last few weeks has been deafening.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

maple22

New

Post by maple22 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm

I didn't get it either. It'd be great if one of the folks who received it could copy and paste it here and share its content with the rest of us. The silence from Fordham's Admissions Office the last few weeks has been deafening.
I posted it on the Fordham Waitlist thread but this is what the email said:
"Our second deposit is now less than two weeks away and in anticipation of that deadline, we are compiling a small group of applicants we would like to send to the Admissions Committee shortly after the Memorial Day holiday weekend. We know a lot can change from the time we placed you on the waitlist, you updated your file with our office - or even the last time you may have received an update email. If you are still interested in enrolling this August or if you already made concrete plans for the fall, please let us know at your earliest convenience. "

FeiLAw

New

Post by FeiLAw » Tue May 27, 2014 6:37 pm

maple22 wrote:
"Our second deposit is now less than two weeks away and in anticipation of that deadline, we are compiling a small group of applicants we would like to send to the Admissions Committee shortly after the Memorial Day holiday weekend. We know a lot can change from the time we placed you on the waitlist, you updated your file with our office - or even the last time you may have received an update email. If you are still interested in enrolling this August or if you already made concrete plans for the fall, please let us know at your earliest convenience. "
Thanks. I got almost the same email but on May 1

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Tue May 27, 2014 7:26 pm

FeiLAw wrote:
maple22 wrote:
Thanks. I got almost the same email but on May 1
And no updates since then? :/ damn, i was hoping the email was a positive sign, maybe it still is, just later!

FeiLAw

New

Post by FeiLAw » Fri May 30, 2014 7:11 pm

I think there might be some decisions going out on friday June 6th. What do you guys think?

Monday (june 2) is the second deadline so they might take a couple days to sort through who didn't deposit and take another couple days to see who they want to make offers to off the w/l. Thats just my thought process.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:27 pm

FeiLAw wrote:I think there might be some decisions going out on friday June 6th. What do you guys think?

Monday (june 2) is the second deadline so they might take a couple days to sort through who didn't deposit and take another couple days to see who they want to make offers to off the w/l. Thats just my thought process.
Yea I think so

fratstar1

Bronze

Post by fratstar1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:50 pm

got in. It's going to be a tough decision considering how much money BC is offering me. I want NY tho.

elle.woods8

New

Post by elle.woods8 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 pm

fratstar1 wrote:got in. It's going to be a tough decision considering how much money BC is offering me. I want NY tho.
Congrats! Mind posting your stats and key movement dates (when waitlisted, etc.)? Thanks!

fratstar1

Bronze

Post by fratstar1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:08 pm

elle.woods8 wrote:
fratstar1 wrote:got in. It's going to be a tough decision considering how much money BC is offering me. I want NY tho.
Congrats! Mind posting your stats and key movement dates (when waitlisted, etc.)? Thanks!

164 3.4 applied in September Waitlisted Dec 10th

It's such a ridiculous school. They initially let everyone in with above a 165 and then waitlist everyone else, even though there last entering class profile indicates that they aren't that competitive. It was always my dream school, and I really want to go, but they really mess you up by letting people in this late.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JurisDoll

New

Post by JurisDoll » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:07 pm

fratstar1 wrote:
elle.woods8 wrote:

It's such a ridiculous school. They initially let everyone in with above a 165 and then waitlist everyone else, even though there last entering class profile indicates that they aren't that competitive. It was always my dream school, and I really want to go, but they really mess you up by letting people in this late.
I totally agree. Fordham was my top choice (still on wait-list), at this point, if accepted, the only way I would go with them is if they match my BC offer. And judging by previous posts, it doesn't seem like Fordham really gives away much scholarship money.

gerrydawg

Bronze

Post by gerrydawg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:56 pm

fratstar1 wrote:
elle.woods8 wrote:

I applied early with a lower LSAT score than you (non-URM), got in in Feb. Its not just 165+ that get in right away. I tried to negotiate with Fordham several times to match better offers from Cardozo/BU/BC, but they wouldn't budge. Based on phone convos, it seems the amounts they give in scholarship money are directly tied to your stats, and rarely veer from that. They think that they have something great to offer, despite their US News / ATL ranking (or lack thereof)- being in NYC, a brand new building, and Biglaw numbers that are better than many of its peer schools. At least, this has been my impression in dealing with them.

Hope to see you all in the fall.

FeiLAw

New

Post by FeiLAw » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:12 pm

gerrydawg wrote:
fratstar1 wrote:
elle.woods8 wrote:

I applied early with a lower LSAT score than you (non-URM), got in in Feb. Its not just 165+ that get in right away. I tried to negotiate with Fordham several times to match better offers from Cardozo/BU/BC, but they wouldn't budge. Based on phone convos, it seems the amounts they give in scholarship money are directly tied to your stats, and rarely veer from that. They think that they have something great to offer, despite their US News / ATL ranking (or lack thereof)- being in NYC, a brand new building, and Biglaw numbers that are better than many of its peer schools. At least, this has been my impression in dealing with them.

Hope to see you all in the fall.
So are u leaning towards fordham with less money or bc,bu,cardozo with more money

FeiLAw

New

Post by FeiLAw » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:13 pm

JurisDoll wrote:
fratstar1 wrote:
elle.woods8 wrote:

I totally agree. Fordham was my top choice (still on wait-list), at this point, if accepted, the only way I would go with them is if they match my BC offer. And judging by previous posts, it doesn't seem like Fordham really gives away much scholarship money.

Im pretty much in the exact same situtation; in at bc with $ and w/l at fordham

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”