gerrydawg wrote:dreamofNYC wrote:theMasterofBiotech wrote:dreamofNYC wrote:I got a call from a professor to see where I stand in my decision-making process. I also got a $44K scholarship from Bklyn Law. It's a tough decision.. I was impressed that they called me though...
Sorry if I missed it in previous comments, but did Fordham offer you any money yet? Or are you still waiting for any? If not, I would email the professor who called you to say that you really appreciated his call and Fordham is your top choice but you can't justify the financial commitment without scholarship.. I've heard a lot of stories about professors then going back to financial aid and boom, scholly.
Thank you so much. I just tried him back and left a msg. I am writing the admissions office now. They offered $10K. I will try to negotiate with Fordham now, we'll see. I do really really want Fordham. Even if Fordham gives me $30K, I'll totally take it.
Read back in the forum- unlikely that you'll get any significant increase, or any increase. Fordham doesn't play ball very frequently.
I know - just a slight increase though would tilt the balance... I sent the email to K. Espiritu. Let's see what they say. I am pretty "attached" to Fordham though. I'd take Fordham over Bklyn Law in a heart-bit. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks all!