Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawprincess

New

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Post by lawprincess » Thu May 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Rejected. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Chinese_Mafia

New

Post by Chinese_Mafia » Thu May 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Received an email today about wl update. Excited about the move.

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:Received an email today about wl update. Excited about the move.
What did it say? Didn't get anything :(

Chinese_Mafia

New

Post by Chinese_Mafia » Thu May 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Yazzzay wrote:
Chinese_Mafia wrote:Received an email today about wl update. Excited about the move.
Informing me that they are intended to roll out a few admissions for WLs but would want to re-affirm my interest of attending. Email says a small number of offers.

Hey I wish you good luck too if you are on the WL!

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Thu May 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:
Informing me that they are intended to roll out a few admissions for WLs but would want to re-affirm my interest of attending. Email says a small number of offers.

ooo ok thanks haha ya I'm on the wait list but no email :/. Good luck :) !!! would be nice to see some movement!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fireflies133

New

Post by fireflies133 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:

"Greetings from Fordham Law School!

As we move into May, we plan to make a small number of offers off the waitlist in the next couple weeks. We have great candidates we would like to send to the faculty but we know a lot can change from the time we placed you on the waitlist. If you are still interested in enrolling at Fordham Law or if you have already made concrete plans for the fall, please let me know at your earliest convenience!

Cheers,
Kathryn Espiritu
Director of Admissions"

Similar one was sent out last year to WL students.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=1850

theMasterofBiotech

New

Post by theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 am

Yazzzay wrote:
Chinese_Mafia wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:

ooo ok thanks haha ya I'm on the wait list but no email :/. Good luck :) !!! would be nice to see some movement!

I also got the email. I need to send out LOCI asap

vlshort3955

New

Post by vlshort3955 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 am

I'm so confused as to why they are looking at the waitlist before making regular decisions.

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 am

vlshort3955 wrote:I'm so confused as to why they are looking at the waitlist before making regular decisions.
Lol I was wondering that too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vlshort3955

New

Post by vlshort3955 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:21 am

Me: "Hi, I'm calling because I applid 3/1 and am wondering when I can expect a decision"
Fordham: "You can expect a decision 6-8 weeks from applying."
Me: "Right, so it's been 8 weeks."
Fordham: "ok, so 2 weeks."
:|

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 am

vlshort3955 wrote:Me: "Hi, I'm calling because I applid 3/1 and am wondering when I can expect a decision"
WTF

The Outsider

New

Post by The Outsider » Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 pm

vlshort3955 wrote:I'm so confused as to why they are looking at the waitlist before making regular decisions.
My guess is Fordham waitlisted a lot of candidates who applied early with strong stats and other credentials thinking other candidates with even better numbers would be applying later in the cycle. By the application deadlines they've realized that they've fallen short of their expectations so they are now going back and taking a second look at their strong candidates from the waitlist. Somebody with a 3.8 GPA and 169 LSAT just got accepted from the waitlist. He probably never should have been waitlisted in the first place.

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Fri May 02, 2014 12:48 pm

The Outsider wrote:
My guess is Fordham waitlisted a lot of candidates who applied early with strong stats and other credentials thinking other candidates with even better numbers would be applying later in the cycle. By the application deadlines they've realized that they've fallen short of their expectations so they are now going back and taking a second look at their strong candidates from the waitlist. Somebody with a 3.8 GPA and 169 LSAT just got accepted from the waitlist. He probably never should have been waitlisted in the first place.
I hope your right!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawskewl13

New

Post by lawskewl13 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm currently on the WL and just had a date change on my status checker to today... :shock: Anyone else get an update?

theMasterofBiotech

New

Post by theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 02, 2014 1:04 pm

The Outsider wrote:

I find this hard to believe. At least in the given example. Someone applying early with a 3.8 and 169 sounds likely get into Fordham first time around. My guess for WL would be YP or something wrong with that particular application. But I think stats like those with late application dates like 3/1 may make them think a little bit harder about the app, also possibly for YP reasons.

Are people that applied earlier than January still waiting to hear back for the first time?

The Outsider

New

Post by The Outsider » Fri May 02, 2014 1:27 pm

theMasterofBiotech wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I find this hard to believe. At least in the given example. Someone applying early with a 3.8 and 169 sounds likely get into Fordham first time around. My guess for WL would be YP or something wrong with that particular application. But I think stats like those with late application dates like 3/1 may make them think a little bit harder about the app, also possibly for YP reasons.

Are people that applied earlier than January still waiting to hear back for the first time?
First you tell me you find it "hard to believe" then you proceed to give me two possible explanations as to why you think it happened: YP and/or late application date. Believe what you like, but that's a fact. If you scroll up this thread you will see someone else posted about a similar situation just a few days ago. And this candidate I talked about (3.8 and 169) was already accepted into T14 by the time he got off Fordham's wailist. So, he will most likely turn Fordham down soon if he hasn't done so yet.

theMasterofBiotech

New

Post by theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 02, 2014 1:31 pm

The Outsider wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

First you tell me you find it "hard to believe" then you proceed to give me two possible explanations as to why you think it happened: YP and/or late application date. Believe what you like, but that's a fact. If you scroll up this thread you will see someone else posted about a similar situation just a few days ago. And this candidate I talked about (3.8 and 169) was already accepted into T14 by the time he got off Fordham's wailist. So, he will most likely turn Fordham down soon if he hasn't done so yet.

which is why Fordham would waitlist him in the first place.. but I meant that I find it hard to believe that they would waitlist because they thought they would get candidates "with even better numbers." I definitely believe they would waitlist people with those stats, just for different reasons than you gave..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Fri May 02, 2014 3:03 pm

vlshort3955 wrote:Me: "Hi, I'm calling because I applid 3/1 and am wondering when I can expect a decision"
This lol. What did you say after that? Something along the lines of "ok cool" or more like "da hell, ya'll need to hurry up! I got life decisons to make here?!?!"

dreamofNYC

Bronze

Post by dreamofNYC » Fri May 02, 2014 3:09 pm

dsamuels wrote:
This lol. What did you say after that? Something along the lines of "ok cool" or more like "da hell, ya'll need to hurry up! I got life decisons to make here?!?!"

dreamofNYC

Bronze

Post by dreamofNYC » Fri May 02, 2014 3:10 pm

I got a call from a professor to see where I stand in my decision-making process. I also got a $44K scholarship from Bklyn Law. It's a tough decision.. I was impressed that they called me though...

vlshort3955

New

Post by vlshort3955 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Haha I wanted to be like "OK SO THAT IS 10 WEEKS." I'm no mathematician, Fordham, but lets go.
dsamuels wrote:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

theMasterofBiotech

New

Post by theMasterofBiotech » Fri May 02, 2014 3:21 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:I got a call from a professor to see where I stand in my decision-making process. I also got a $44K scholarship from Bklyn Law. It's a tough decision.. I was impressed that they called me though...

Sorry if I missed it in previous comments, but did Fordham offer you any money yet? Or are you still waiting for any? If not, I would email the professor who called you to say that you really appreciated his call and Fordham is your top choice but you can't justify the financial commitment without scholarship.. I've heard a lot of stories about professors then going back to financial aid and boom, scholly.

dreamofNYC

Bronze

Post by dreamofNYC » Fri May 02, 2014 3:26 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:I got a call from a professor to see where I stand in my decision-making process. I also got a $44K scholarship from Bklyn Law. It's a tough decision.. I was impressed that they called me though...

Sorry if I missed it in previous comments, but did Fordham offer you any money yet? Or are you still waiting for any? If not, I would email the professor who called you to say that you really appreciated his call and Fordham is your top choice but you can't justify the financial commitment without scholarship.. I've heard a lot of stories about professors then going back to financial aid and boom, scholly.
Thank you so much. I just tried him back and left a msg. I am writing the admissions office now. They offered $10K. I will try to negotiate with Fordham now, we'll see. I do really really want Fordham. Even if Fordham gives me $30K, I'll totally take it.

gerrydawg

Bronze

Post by gerrydawg » Fri May 02, 2014 3:37 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:

Thank you so much. I just tried him back and left a msg. I am writing the admissions office now. They offered $10K. I will try to negotiate with Fordham now, we'll see. I do really really want Fordham. Even if Fordham gives me $30K, I'll totally take it.
Read back in the forum- unlikely that you'll get any significant increase, or any increase. Fordham doesn't play ball very frequently.

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 pm

gerrydawg wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:

Yea, they are not to generous in this regard, but it can't hurt to try.

Read back in the forum- unlikely that you'll get any significant increase, or any increase. Fordham doesn't play ball very frequently.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”