Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hk227

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hk227 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:17 pm

The Outsider wrote:
hk227 wrote:Just received an email that I have been accepted off the wait list... for those who were wondering when those decisions might begin...

I recently deposited at my back up school who offered me a full scholarship. Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay sticker at Fordham. Do you think I can expect/request a scholarship at this point after being wait listed? What are my chances?

How long were you on the waitlist for? I am trying to see if they are now going through the list according to when initial decisions were made.......Thanks and Congrats!!!

I received the WL email March 6.

Dredd_2017

Postby Dredd_2017 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Received scholly info today (Admitted yesterday, post on previous page with stats). Decent but not great, will attempt to negotiate next week using a full ride offer at a peer and solid offers at a couple T20's.

Because of the insane COL in NYC compared to the other law schools I deposited at I'm aiming for a full ride, as that would tip the scales decisively in Fordham's favor.

The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:43 am

hk227 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:
hk227 wrote:Just received an email that I have been accepted off the wait list... for those who were wondering when those decisions might begin...

I recently deposited at my back up school who offered me a full scholarship. Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay sticker at Fordham. Do you think I can expect/request a scholarship at this point after being wait listed? What are my chances?

How long were you on the waitlist for? I am trying to see if they are now going through the list according to when initial decisions were made.......Thanks and Congrats!!!

I received the WL email March 6.

Thanks!! Congrats again and Good luck moving forward!!

holly18

Postby holly18 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I applied a little less than seven weeks ago but my status hasn't changed from "complete", and neither has the date. I contacted admissions a week ago and they said they had everything they needed from me but that decisions could take "up to six weeks"... I don't want to keep hounding them, but I'm getting worried now that they're going through the waitlist. (If it matters, my gpa is a little above the 75th, LSAT about median and strong softs)

vlshort3955

Postby vlshort3955 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:26 pm

I applied 8 weeks ago and am in the same boat. It's so strange that they are going through the waitlist before making regular decisions. I feel as though I'm on the waitlist, without formally being on the waitlist. They must be still trying to feel it out after the deposits came in 4/15?

holly18 wrote:Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I applied a little less than seven weeks ago but my status hasn't changed from "complete", and neither has the date. I contacted admissions a week ago and they said they had everything they needed from me but that decisions could take "up to six weeks"... I don't want to keep hounding them, but I'm getting worried now that they're going through the waitlist. (If it matters, my gpa is a little above the 75th, LSAT about median and strong softs)

jbalsamo

Postby jbalsamo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm waiting too, but it's getting ridiculous. I applied in January. But I retook the LSAT in Feb and did a bit better. Went Complete on 3/3, status changed on 4/22 and 4/24, but nothing else.

I'm a MA URM at 25 GPA and 25th LSAT

jbalsamo

Postby jbalsamo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:14 pm

jbalsamo wrote:I'm waiting too, but it's getting ridiculous. I applied in January. But I retook the LSAT in Feb and did a bit better. Went Complete on 3/3, status changed on 4/22 and 4/24, but nothing else.

Was just notified of acceptance via email! (now I just have to hope for some $$)

Good luck to everyone still waiting, there's still hope!

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:18 pm

vlshort3955 wrote:I applied 8 weeks ago and am in the same boat. It's so strange that they are going through the waitlist before making regular decisions. I feel as though I'm on the waitlist, without formally being on the waitlist. They must be still trying to feel it out after the deposits came in 4/15?

holly18 wrote:Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I applied a little less than seven weeks ago but my status hasn't changed from "complete", and neither has the date. I contacted admissions a week ago and they said they had everything they needed from me but that decisions could take "up to six weeks"... I don't want to keep hounding them, but I'm getting worried now that they're going through the waitlist. (If it matters, my gpa is a little above the 75th, LSAT about median and strong softs)

I applied 8 weeks ago as well and being waitlisted by email last week.

holly18

Postby holly18 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 am

jbalsamo wrote:
jbalsamo wrote:I'm waiting too, but it's getting ridiculous. I applied in January. But I retook the LSAT in Feb and did a bit better. Went Complete on 3/3, status changed on 4/22 and 4/24, but nothing else.

Was just notified of acceptance via email! (now I just have to hope for some $$)

Good luck to everyone still waiting, there's still hope!

Congratulations! Hope fordham comes through with $$$!

elle.woods8

Postby elle.woods8 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 am

Chinese_Mafia wrote:
vlshort3955 wrote:I applied 8 weeks ago and am in the same boat. It's so strange that they are going through the waitlist before making regular decisions. I feel as though I'm on the waitlist, without formally being on the waitlist. They must be still trying to feel it out after the deposits came in 4/15?

I never received an email notification that I was waitlisted, just found out via status checker. Is that odd?

theMasterofBiotech

Postby theMasterofBiotech » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:59 am

elle.woods8 wrote:
Chinese_Mafia wrote:

I never received an email notification that I was waitlisted, just found out via status checker. Is that odd?

maybe it went into your spam folder? what date does it say you were waitlisted

elle.woods8

Postby elle.woods8 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 am

[/quote]

I applied 8 weeks ago as well and being waitlisted by email last week.[/quote]

I never received an email notification that I was waitlisted, just found out via status checker. Is that odd?[/quote]

maybe it went into your spam folder? what date does it say you were waitlisted[/quote]

I didn't find anything in my spam :( Decision date is 25 April, with a link to the online survey to indicate interest in remaining on the waitlist. I filled it out, but I think I will send a follow-up email just to confirm.

elle.woods8

Postby elle.woods8 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:27 am

elle.woods8 wrote:

I applied 8 weeks ago as well and being waitlisted by email last week.[/quote]

I never received an email notification that I was waitlisted, just found out via status checker. Is that odd?[/quote]

maybe it went into your spam folder? what date does it say you were waitlisted[/quote]

I didn't find anything in my spam :( Decision date is 25 April, with a link to the online survey to indicate interest in remaining on the waitlist. I filled it out, but I think I will send a follow-up email just to confirm.[/quote]

Oddly just received the email notification that i was wait-listed.

Dredd_2017

Postby Dredd_2017 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:55 am

Got a reply to my scholly negotiation, no dice. The reply seemed to vacillate between tongue-in-cheek humor and short yet pointed rebuttals to my email, in any case I appreciated the candor and quick reply.
Last edited by Dredd_2017 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawprincess

Postby lawprincess » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Still waiting over here too. Finally got a status date change yesterday but still no decision.

hk227

Postby hk227 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Dredd_2017 wrote:Got a reply to my scholly negotiation, no dice. The reply seemed to vacillate between tongue-in-cheek humor and short yet pointed rebuttals to my email, in any case I appreciated the candor and quick reply.

This dashes some of my hopes... I was talking to a former student who said while he was trying to negotiate, Fordham responded if it's about the money and you got a better offer elsewhere, go elsewhere.

I just got my offer a bit earlier for 15k a year which comparatively to my full offer (albeit at a slightly lower ranked school) is not exciting. Anyone think it's worth trying to negotiate?
Last edited by hk227 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jac101689

Postby jac101689 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:50 pm

If you got 15k it means they like you more than most people they accepted. Unlikely you'll get more but it can't hurt to try.

Dredd_2017

Postby Dredd_2017 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:33 pm

hk227 wrote:
Dredd_2017 wrote:Got a reply to my scholly negotiation, no dice. The reply seemed to vacillate between tongue-in-cheek humor and short yet pointed rebuttals to my email, in any case I appreciated the candor and quick reply.

This dashes some of my hopes... I was talking to a former student who said while he was trying to negotiate, Fordham responded if it's about the money and you got a better offer elsewhere, go elsewhere.

I just got my offer a bit earlier for 15k a year which comparatively to my full offer (albeit at a slightly lower ranked school) is not exciting. Anyone think it's worth trying to negotiate?

HK, I don't think you have anything to lose by not negotiating, but looking at Law School Numbers as well as my conversation with them it looks like Fordham is reluctant to dole out money to almost everyone. I think I have a good idea what that slightly lower ranked school is you speak of, so your main question needs to be do I want to practice in NYC or X city that the other school places well into. If it MUST be NYC, your answer is Fordham. If not, check out those NLJ 2013 stats and make a finance-based call.

raisin

Postby raisin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Still waiting on a response, my application went complete on April 1st. Good luck to everyone still waiting or trying to get more money!

fireflies133

Postby fireflies133 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:43 am

Good luck to those off the WL, and to those still waiting like me.

Quick question. After submitting the form, does your decision status or status date change? How can I confirm that they've received my form submission? My status date is still the day I received the WL email.

lawskewl13

Postby lawskewl13 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:43 am

I sent an email after I sent the form just saying thank you for offering me a position on the waitlist and that I wanted to stay on and to contact me if they needed any other information. I got a response to that email so I know they know I'm still on it and my status date hasn't changed either. I'd say youre safe but if you want to be positive call or email to confirm.

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 am

raisin wrote:Still waiting on a response, my application went complete on April 1st. Good luck to everyone still waiting or trying to get more money!

Lol I went complete back in February. Ugh.

kss28

Postby kss28 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Dredd_2017 wrote:
hk227 wrote:

HK, I don't think you have anything to lose by not negotiating, but looking at Law School Numbers as well as my conversation with them it looks like Fordham is reluctant to dole out money to almost everyone. I think I have a good idea what that slightly lower ranked school is you speak of, so your main question needs to be do I want to practice in NYC or X city that the other school places well into. If it MUST be NYC, your answer is Fordham. If not, check out those NLJ 2013 stats and make a finance-based call.

I had a similar situation with Fordham this year. I recently got accepted (about a week ago) and got a 25K a year scholarship. I don't want to complain, since I know it's a good amount of money. But given that I had 35K a year from BU, I tried to negotiate with Fordham since Fordham is quite a bit more expensive (tuition and COL). Anyway, Fordham just wrote back today and, like Dredd's situation, they were simultaneously sarcastically humorous and also blunt. They upped my scholly to 30k a year, but they pretty much told me: Go where you want. We're not gonna try and win you over with money.

dsamuels

Postby dsamuels » Thu May 01, 2014 1:56 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
raisin wrote:Still waiting on a response, my application went complete on April 1st. Good luck to everyone still waiting or trying to get more money!

Yea, so have I. I feel like if they wanted to ding us they would have already. Im guessing waitlist?

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:59 pm

dsamuels wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:

Yea, so have I. I feel like if they wanted to ding us they would have already. Im guessing waitlist?

Ugh. Just add it to the pile.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”