Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Yazzzay

Bronze

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Post by Yazzzay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

JurisDoll wrote:
theMasterofBiotech wrote:for those on waitlist

I called today to confirm receipt of a letter and asked if they were going through waitlist applications yet. not too informative she said they were starting to but had no time frame to give me about decisions whatsoever. also a note, friday is the last tour of the season
Thanks for the info! Hopefully they start extending offers before the 2nd deposit in June.
Looking at the Fordham Waitlist 2013 thread, the first offer (on TLS of course) came early June :/ which sucks. They sent a waitlist update email out at the end of May too, so I don't know whether we should expect something before then. Fingers crossed and thanks for the info though!!

lawstudent2222

New

Post by lawstudent2222 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:47 pm

For those who have been called off the waitlist... Were you notified via phone, email, or status checker?

elle.woods8

New

Post by elle.woods8 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:07 pm

I called today to confirm receipt of a letter and asked if they were going through waitlist applications yet. not too informative she said they were starting to but had no time frame to give me about decisions whatsoever. also a note, friday is the last tour of the season
Can you explain what is meant by "last tour of the season"? (Sorry if it's obvious and I'm reading too much into it!)

Chinese_Mafia

New

Post by Chinese_Mafia » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Yazzzay wrote:
JurisDoll wrote:

Thanks for the info! Hopefully they start extending offers before the 2nd deposit in June.
Looking at the Fordham Waitlist 2013 thread, the first offer (on TLS of course) came early June :/ which sucks. They sent a waitlist update email out at the end of May too, so I don't know whether we should expect something before then. Fingers crossed and thanks for the info though!!
Most likely it will be the case for other schools also this year.

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:14 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:Status update today but no decision yet.
Same. I hope this doesnt mean a ding. I see allot of people got waitlisted yesterday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

theMasterofBiotech

New

Post by theMasterofBiotech » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:20 am

elle.woods8 wrote:

Can you explain what is meant by "last tour of the season"? (Sorry if it's obvious and I'm reading too much into it!)
to go for an on campus tour of the law school.. they have reading week and then finals starting next week and they're moving to a new building so today and tomorrow are the last tours of this semester. I do not know when they start the next "season" but if you were thinking of visiting the campus, I'd call the admissions office and ask them

gerrydawg

Bronze

Post by gerrydawg » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am

FYI, unless you are going on a tour merely to continue to show interest in the school (which is valid), there really is not a point to visiting now because they have a new building opening up in the fall.

elle.woods8

New

Post by elle.woods8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 am

dsamuels wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:Status update today but no decision yet.
Same. I hope this doesnt mean a ding. I see allot of people got waitlisted yesterday.
Same here. Really nervous about it. Refreshing status checker like whoa.

elle.woods8

New

Post by elle.woods8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 am

theMasterofBiotech wrote:
elle.woods8 wrote:

to go for an on campus tour of the law school.. they have reading week and then finals starting next week and they're moving to a new building so today and tomorrow are the last tours of this semester. I do not know when they start the next "season" but if you were thinking of visiting the campus, I'd call the admissions office and ask them
Thanks. I definitely misinterpreted the whole thing! :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

theMasterofBiotech

New

Post by theMasterofBiotech » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:02 am

gerrydawg wrote:FYI, unless you are going on a tour merely to continue to show interest in the school (which is valid), there really is not a point to visiting now because they have a new building opening up in the fall.

yup, which is why my original comment was fyi for those on waitlists
not sure when they'll start doing tours again but probably too late for those trying to show continued interest

vlshort3955

New

Post by vlshort3955 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 am

I still haven't had an update since 3/19. I'm hoping they will render all the regular application decisions before waitlist decisions.

JurisDoll

New

Post by JurisDoll » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 am

I talked to a few current fordham law students who were also on the waiting list during their app cycle, and they weren't offered admission until June. It may be different for others, but just thought I'd share for those on the wait list, too!

JurisDoll

New

Post by JurisDoll » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 am

vlshort3955 wrote:I still haven't had an update since 3/19. I'm hoping they will render all the regular application decisions before waitlist decisions.
That may be the case.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fireflies133

New

Post by fireflies133 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 am

Waitlisted last week. Sent out LOCI already.

Would it be crazy to take Fordham over GW Law or Notre Dame?
GW is offering 10k and ND 20k, but I ultimately want to work in NYC. GW is considering upping scholarship amount.

Why is it that Fordham seems to be much more selective than higher ranked schools?

vlshort3955

New

Post by vlshort3955 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 am

I think Fordham just has the advantage of the NYC market...there's so many applicants, and so many people that want to end up in NYC, and its the best non-T14 in NYC.

NYC Market:
T14's
Fordham
The Rest
fireflies133 wrote:Waitlisted last week. Sent out LOCI already.

GW is offering 10k and ND 20k, but I ultimately want to work in NYC. GW is considering upping scholarship amount.

Why is it that Fordham seems to be much more selective than higher ranked schools?

gerrydawg

Bronze

Post by gerrydawg » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:05 pm

Agreed- it really depends where you want to be. I think that GW probably has more of a national reputation than Fordham, giving you more versatility to be in DC or NY, but if you know you want to be in NY, then Fordham is definitely a better option.
vlshort3955 wrote:I think Fordham just has the advantage of the NYC market...there's so many applicants, and so many people that want to end up in NYC, and its the best non-T14 in NYC.

NYC Market:
T14's
Fordham
The Rest
fireflies133 wrote:Waitlisted last week. Sent out LOCI already.

Dredd_2017

Bronze

Post by Dredd_2017 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 pm

In today, applied in late Feb. Quite excited about Fordham / living in New York, been all over /r/nyc and the fordham site today! I'll have to wait and see what the scholarship offer is though in relation to others I've received, super debt averse.

GPA < 25th
LSAT > 75th

Any advice on when I should expect my scholarship offer (Seems to vary quite a bit but I'm guessing a few days at this point) and tips on negotiation would be appreciated!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

elle.woods8

New

Post by elle.woods8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Dredd_2017 wrote:In today, applied in late Feb. Quite excited about Fordham / living in New York, been all over /r/nyc and the fordham site today! I'll have to wait and see what the scholarship offer is though in relation to others I've received, super debt averse.

GPA < 25th
LSAT > 75th

Any advice on when I should expect my scholarship offer (Seems to vary quite a bit but I'm guessing a few days at this point) and tips on negotiation would be appreciated!
Congrats! So great to hear of some movement. Did you receive your acceptance via email? If so, what time? Congrats again and hope they come back with some good scholly $$ for you!

Edit: Can you also share any movement on your file? Date changes? Thanks!

Dredd_2017

Bronze

Post by Dredd_2017 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 pm

I did receive the admissions info via email, not too late in the day. I didn't record my movement on the status checker that closely (Although I checked Fordham constantly) but I do know my last check before the decision was just a couple days ago, and I had one about a week or so before that update as well.

Are you part of the late appliers club thinking about attending Fordham as well? I feel there should be a thread for all of us, I'm still waiting on a few more law schools!

hk227

New

Post by hk227 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Just received an email that I have been accepted off the wait list... for those who were wondering when those decisions might begin...

I recently deposited at my back up school who offered me a full scholarship. Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay sticker at Fordham. Do you think I can expect/request a scholarship at this point after being wait listed? What are my chances?

JurisDoll

New

Post by JurisDoll » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 pm

hk227 wrote:Just received an email that I have been accepted off the wait list... for those who were wondering when those decisions might begin...

I recently deposited at my back up school who offered me a full scholarship. Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay sticker at Fordham. Do you think I can expect/request a scholarship at this point after being wait listed? What are my chances?
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats??

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:39 pm

hk227 wrote:Just received an email that I have been accepted off the wait list... for those who were wondering when those decisions might begin...

You can certainly request one and use the other scholarship as leverage assuming it is a somewhat comparable school.

Congrats though!

hk227

New

Post by hk227 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:43 pm

JurisDoll wrote:

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats??
Thanks! Sure

164/3.8

Honestly, I think my initial wl decision was YP and my LOCI really made the difference. Obviously that could be entirely false but that's my impression.

Now it's going to come down to scholarship negotiations...

Good luck to all you guys who are still waiting!!

The Outsider

New

Post by The Outsider » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:49 pm

How long were you on the waitlist for? I am trying to see if they are now going through the list according to when initial decisions were made.......Thanks and Congrats!!!

elle.woods8

New

Post by elle.woods8 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Waitlisted via status checker just now. LSAT and GPA just below 25th, but excellent and unique softs, 5+ years of work experience (which might be what saved me). Quite thrilled as I thought I was headed for the ding bar.

Complete: 2/27
UR1: 3/5
UR2: 4/23

Will be sending a LOCI and a third letter of recommendation. Really hoping I can get off of the WL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”