Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dreamofNYC
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dreamofNYC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:01 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:Just received a follow up email re: scholarship money! Woop. Comes in a neat little printable PDF as part of their efforts to go green. I can respect that. Again: good luck, y'all!


Congratulations!

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby pompoms » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Received log-in info for the Accepted Students Site but still no scholarship offer. My guess is that means I am NOT getting one :|

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm

pompoms wrote:Received log-in info for the Accepted Students Site but still no scholarship offer. My guess is that means I am NOT getting one :|


I'm in the same situation... pretty disappointing
edit: that may sound bratty, but it's the only way I could justify it at this point....

kris4842
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kris4842 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:39 pm

So my status date just changed, does that mean a decision will be coming soon?

JDByron31
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JDByron31 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:08 pm

kris4842 wrote:So my status date just changed, does that mean a decision will be coming soon?

Mine did too... hopefully?

kris4842
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kris4842 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:08 pm

I hope...good luck

zienhal
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zienhal » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:22 pm

https://twitter.com/KathrynForLaw (Fordham Law Director of Admissions)

Decisions coming out "later today"... LET'S DO THIS!

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby angels2fly » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Is a date change a pre-req to a decision? I applied on 12/16 and went complete on 01/06 due to pending LSAT.

zienhal
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zienhal » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:05 pm

I had an October LSAT score and went complete soon after I applied (12/2) but then my date changed by itself on 1/6. So I'm not sure what the date changes mean. Although, I do know the University of Maryland says on their application status checker page that date changes are for administrative purposes and that they don't affect application decisions.

User avatar
rutgers17
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rutgers17 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:08 pm

zienhal wrote:https://twitter.com/KathrynForLaw (Fordham Law Director of Admissions)

Decisions coming out "later today"... LET'S DO THIS!


looks like she was trolling us... :evil:

kris4842
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kris4842 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:24 am

I got my denial yesterday :evil:

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:27 am

kris4842 wrote:I got my denial yesterday :evil:

Sorry to hear that, man. #'s? (you can PM)

CJ Cregg
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:10 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby CJ Cregg » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:12 am

Checking in - want to go here so badly! Submitted my application on 12/28..

ArcticDeckie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ArcticDeckie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Waitlisted with LSAT/GPA just barely below medians, even with unique WE. In for the long run, I guess.

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:09 pm

ArcticDeckie wrote:Waitlisted with LSAT/GPA just barely below medians, even with unique WE. In for the long run, I guess.

Good luck man. WL is always better than a rejection IMO. Give it time, I think schools don't understand just how low apps/matriculation are gonna be this cycle...

AJB
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby AJB » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 am

Did anyone solicit a fee waiver from Fordham?

lawskewl13
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawskewl13 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 am

The Dark Kite wrote:
ArcticDeckie wrote:Waitlisted with LSAT/GPA just barely below medians, even with unique WE. In for the long run, I guess.

Good luck man. WL is always better than a rejection IMO. Give it time, I think schools don't understand just how low apps/matriculation are gonna be this cycle...


Is it just me or does Fordham seem to be a little unrealistic in the applicants they've been admitting based on LSN? Looks like they've WLed almost everyone who has their target stats...

bpc2110
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bpc2110 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:40 am

In via email yesterday. 3.55/167

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:27 am

lawskewl13 wrote:
The Dark Kite wrote:
ArcticDeckie wrote:Waitlisted with LSAT/GPA just barely below medians, even with unique WE. In for the long run, I guess.

Good luck man. WL is always better than a rejection IMO. Give it time, I think schools don't understand just how low apps/matriculation are gonna be this cycle...


Is it just me or does Fordham seem to be a little unrealistic in the applicants they've been admitting based on LSN? Looks like they've WLed almost everyone who has their target stats...


yea, I agree. They only seem to be admitting people in the high 160s...trying I guess to net all the NYU hopefuls who don't really have a shot (hi guys!) It seems pretty ridiculous to me...they're going to end up with an entering class that was almost entirely off of the waitlist I'll bet. Or a class of only 25 students.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:27 am

ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
lawskewl13 wrote:
The Dark Kite wrote:
ArcticDeckie wrote:Waitlisted with LSAT/GPA just barely below medians, even with unique WE. In for the long run, I guess.

Good luck man. WL is always better than a rejection IMO. Give it time, I think schools don't understand just how low apps/matriculation are gonna be this cycle...


Is it just me or does Fordham seem to be a little unrealistic in the applicants they've been admitting based on LSN? Looks like they've WLed almost everyone who has their target stats...


yea, I agree. They only seem to be admitting people in the high 160s...trying I guess to net all the NYU hopefuls who don't really have a shot (hi guys!) It seems pretty ridiculous to me...they're going to end up with an entering class that was almost entirely off of the waitlist I'll bet. Or a class of only 25 students.


I was admitted with a 162. Don't lose hope just yet.

Ed2020
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ed2020 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:40 am

Waitlisted 1/8. Honestly very flattered: 158/3.6

User avatar
anyriotgirl
Posts: 7509
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby anyriotgirl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 am

AJB wrote:Did anyone solicit a fee waiver from Fordham?


I tried-- they only do need based.

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:54 am

gbelle wrote:I was admitted with a 162. Don't lose hope just yet.

+1

lawskewl13 wrote:Is it just me or does Fordham seem to be a little unrealistic in the applicants they've been admitting based on LSN? Looks like they've WLed almost everyone who has their target stats...

A lot of people are trying to be able to predict law school admissions and honestly: it's been impossible so far. I got in with a scholarship with target numbers, no WL, no nothing.. most of these schools are primarily concerned with yield... my application was very convincing as to why I would likely attend if accepted, and I think that definitely factored in.. along with a lot of strong softs and decent numbers.

User avatar
MrsHello
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MrsHello » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:09 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
AJB wrote:Did anyone solicit a fee waiver from Fordham?


I tried-- they only do need based.


I got a fee waiver after I emailed their admissions and asked for one. All the schools I applied to gave me a fee waiver (Northwestern/ St. John's/ Fordham) after emailing their Admissions Office. It NEVER hurts to ask. :wink:

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby krispymenudo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 pm

MrsHello wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
AJB wrote:Did anyone solicit a fee waiver from Fordham?


I tried-- they only do need based.


I got a fee waiver after I emailed their admissions and asked for one. All the schools I applied to gave me a fee waiver (Northwestern/ St. John's/ Fordham) after emailing their Admissions Office. It NEVER hurts to ask. :wink:



I solicited fee waivers from EVERY school I applied to minus Stanford and UCLA. I receive financial aid and am paying my UG tuition myself (but I'm sure if you are receiving financial aid at all this will work). I wrote out a letter saying I wanted to apply but was already denied to LSAC fee waiver and couldn't afford to pay more than $25 bucks for each school and attached my financial aid statement as a PDF. I got emailed back within the next 3 days by all of them. I don't think they're all that stingy with fee waivers, you just need to express an individual and genuine interest to them.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Chipotle85, cyclawps, fattsdomino, Google Adsense [Bot], hamburg, jer0689, Keilz, trueblue92 and 34 guests