Richmond c/o 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Annie787
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Annie787 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Thank you! My first acceptance so we'll see what happens!

For anyone accepted how long did it take after the acceptance call to get your packet??

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby zippernicus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Annie787 wrote:Thank you! My first acceptance so we'll see what happens!

For anyone accepted how long did it take after the acceptance call to get your packet??


congrats! mine came about a week later.

Jesseye
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Jesseye » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Has anyone received scholly info yet? Should I email admissions and ask if there's a time table to receive $ info?

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:33 pm

"For fall 2014 applicants, we anticipate releasing scholarship offers no later than March 15, 2014, so that we may be as generous as possible in our offer." http://law.richmond.edu/admissions/aid/index.html

Still have a week or so until we find out scholarships

User avatar
Annie787
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Annie787 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Lsat-took-my-sanity wrote:"For fall 2014 applicants, we anticipate releasing scholarship offers no later than March 15, 2014, so that we may be as generous as possible in our offer." http://law.richmond.edu/admissions/aid/index.html

Still have a week or so until we find out scholarships


Do you know how they'll let us know by chance?

devsfan428
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby devsfan428 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:47 pm

When I went on a campus tour a few weeks ago, I was told by the admissions office that scholarship information will be released through email and snail mail.

User avatar
Annie787
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Annie787 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Thank you :) that's the part I definitely want to know, because I may end up passing up some higher ranked schools depending on what they give...

User avatar
jen6886
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby jen6886 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:44 am

just found out that I was accepted and super stoked! but I live in Norfolk and cant relocate...thinking about staying with a friend in Richmond a few nights a week possibly. Anyone else thinking about commuting to school?

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:57 pm

jen6886 wrote:just found out that I was accepted and super stoked! but I live in Norfolk and cant relocate...thinking about staying with a friend in Richmond a few nights a week possibly. Anyone else thinking about commuting to school?


I won't be commuting since I'm from the West coast, but congrats! Merit scholarships will be coming out soon

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby BankruptMe » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:12 pm

When the dean called, did it come from an unknown number or a known 804 number.

User avatar
Annie787
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Annie787 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 pm

BankruptMe wrote:When the dean called, did it come from an unknown number or a known 804 number.


Known 840 number.

JVrva
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby JVrva » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Still have not heard anything. I have called the admissions office three times and they tell me the same thing. "Your application is in review. We hope to notify you of the decision before the end of March." I know that Merit scholarships are given before March 15th, so I am starting to worry. Any advice for calling and getting more information about the status? It's tough not having the online status checker.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:25 pm

I called the other day. They said we are working hard to get all of our answers out by the end of the month. She said "letters."

I said.....uh oh....

Jesseye
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Jesseye » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Did anyone hear merit scholly info today? I was hoping to get one...feeling like I'm not in the running anymore though.

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Jesseye wrote:Did anyone hear merit scholly info today? I was hoping to get one...feeling like I'm not in the running anymore though.


I'm wondering the same thing, they really take their time getting merit scholarships out. It technically says "no later than March 15" so it is possible we hear tomorrow. But then again they also say "we anticipate" March 15 so who knows...

wrstroud
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby wrstroud » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:47 pm

I called the admissions office yesterday and they said that Merit Scholarships will definitely be finalized on the 17th. Fingers crossed.

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:55 pm

wrstroud wrote:I called the admissions office yesterday and they said that Merit Scholarships will definitely be finalized on the 17th. Fingers crossed.

+1.

Wish it was sooner but thanks for sharing

wrstroud
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby wrstroud » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:49 pm

Spoke too soon, I just got the email. $20,000 a year. Pretty excited! It said that a hard copy will be sent in the mail as well.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm

wrstroud wrote:I called the admissions office yesterday and they said that Merit Scholarships will definitely be finalized on the 17th. Fingers crossed.


Now that you say this...i think i am on hold till everyone figures out what to do with their offers...

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby zippernicus » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:39 pm

wrstroud wrote:Spoke too soon, I just got the email. $20,000 a year. Pretty excited! It said that a hard copy will be sent in the mail as well.


Got mine today too! !

wrstroud
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby wrstroud » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Congrats!!

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Nucky » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:10 pm

All I've received is propaganda. May withdraw soon. Tired of waiting on a T2. Admit/Deny, money/no money, whatever, just make a decision. Do you want a splitter or not?!

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Turns out my email was in the spam folder, so remember to check your spam for the scholly offer

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Nucky wrote:All I've received is propaganda. May withdraw soon. Tired of waiting on a T2. Admit/Deny, money/no money, whatever, just make a decision. Do you want a splitter or not?!


lmfao propaganda

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Richmond c/o 2017

Postby Nucky » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:35 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
Nucky wrote:All I've received is propaganda. May withdraw soon. Tired of waiting on a T2. Admit/Deny, money/no money, whatever, just make a decision. Do you want a splitter or not?!


lmfao propaganda


I'm relatively certain their next mailing feature a photo of Saddam Hussein :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zoe107 and 7 guests