Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
RonBurgundy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RonBurgundy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:01 am

In with a full tuition scholarship! My #'s were both a bit above the medians. PM if you want specifics.

hgp0002
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hgp0002 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Accepted last night with 27K per year and I was a very late applicant

Application Submitted 2/21/14
Complete: 3/3/14
Letter Received: 3/10/14
Last edited by hgp0002 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnclark21
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby johnclark21 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 pm

So how many of you who have been admitted are planning on attending? I got a full tuition scholly and that is pretty hard to turn down. But what are yalls thoughts on the "under no circumstances ever go to baylor" threads and reputation on this board. I'm just curious what your thoughts are.

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 am

johnclark21 wrote:So how many of you who have been admitted are planning on attending? I got a full tuition scholly and that is pretty hard to turn down. But what are yalls thoughts on the "under no circumstances ever go to baylor" threads and reputation on this board. I'm just curious what your thoughts are.


I am leaning towards Baylor right now after they just upped their scholarship offer. As far as the threads I've read, to me it depends on the person. I don't mind competition and I also have read that there are a majority of students that aren't fiercely competitive. And for the quarter system, that worries me but only a little bit. I am used to the quarter system so it's not a big deal to me.

dibreezy
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dibreezy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey all,

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from Baylor. It was small so I thought it was a rejection. When I opened the letter it was an invitation to premiere day.

I don't have it in front of me but it said something along the lines of, an invitation to our most promising accepted students.

This obviously leads me to believe this got through the mail faster than my letter of acceptance. Has anyone received this post card invitation? Thoughts?

dibreezy
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dibreezy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Here is a link to a pic of the invite.

http://i60.tinypic.com/fbykqv.jpg

<DC>
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby <DC> » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 pm

dibreezy wrote:Here is a link to a pic of the invite.

http://i60.tinypic.com/fbykqv.jpg



Wow...you must be extra cool. So if a person was accepted and not invited, they are not on the cool kid list??

User avatar
jts723
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jts723 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Just withdrew. Best of luck to those still awaiting a decision.

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:17 pm

It has been 13 days since they mailed my decision. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow morning! I know Texas to Chi-town may take a while, but still :?

User avatar
vineyardchick07
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby vineyardchick07 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:52 pm

ellewoods179 wrote:It has been 13 days since they mailed my decision. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow morning! I know Texas to Chi-town may take a while, but still :?


If I am not mistaken, Baylor states that if you haven't received your mail in 14 days, you should contact them.

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:05 pm

vineyardchick07 wrote:
ellewoods179 wrote:It has been 13 days since they mailed my decision. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow morning! I know Texas to Chi-town may take a while, but still :?


If I am not mistaken, Baylor states that if you haven't received your mail in 14 days, you should contact them.


I'm planning on making the phone call tomorrow. Here's to hoping it's taking a while because it's a heavy packet :lol: I hope they are able to tell me my decision over the phone.

dibreezy
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dibreezy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:58 pm

I am extra cool thank you for noticing.

Just got an email from Baylor, the woman apologized for the crossover and informed me I had been accepted. I live an hour north of the Chi in Lake Geneva and mine hasn't come yet either. She said something vague about mailing out packets today so idk if Baylor has even sent them yet despite what it says online. Either way I'm in like Flynn, this is definitely a step up from Catholic lol.

Good luck!

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:11 pm

I called today because it had been 14 days and they said that they mailed out the decisions yesterday. The lady was super nice and told me she would email a copy of the decision. Officially an admit with $ and there was even a really nice note from the dean on the bottom, loved the personal touch :)

hgp0002
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hgp0002 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Anyone planning on going to the preview days that are coming up? Never been to Waco before.

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:33 pm

hgp0002 wrote:Anyone planning on going to the preview days that are coming up? Never been to Waco before.


I definitely would if I had gotten that sweet deal dibreezy did. I am extremely interested in the school but It's so hard to make up my mind without seeing/experiencing the environment of it.At the same time I just can't see myself being able to afford paying for the airfare and accommodations down to Waco right now :( I've never been anywhere out west before so I'm really curious as to what the atmosphere is like. In my head I can't imagine Texas with grass and trees, I feel like I'll see an old western movie scene with lots of brown dirt and old towns haha

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Withdrew.

Would cost more for me to attend here than Georgetown.

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Just paid my seat deposit! Went to visit last week and really liked the atmosphere and the students.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nucky » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Withdrew. I hope one of you get my seat. Good luck.

dibreezy
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dibreezy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:42 pm

Finally got my acceptance letter in the mail. No scholly info though so I'm assuming I won't be offered one. Unless... Does it come separately? I'll be there April 8th BTW if anyone else is attending that date let me know.

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:50 pm

dibreezy wrote:Finally got my acceptance letter in the mail. No scholly info though so I'm assuming I won't be offered one. Unless... Does it come separately? I'll be there April 8th BTW if anyone else is attending that date let me know.


Mine stated the scholarship/stipulation on the admission letter

User avatar
BigJimboOrleans
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BigJimboOrleans » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:56 am

This may be late to help you folks, but I've discovered a a trick to figure out whether or not you're admitted before you get your letter. My application status told me they made a decision today, and after browsing around their admissions site I was able to discover that I got accepted. So here it is:

http://www.baylor.edu/law/ps/index.php?id=76743

That's the link to the 2014 Seat Deposit page. It's really simple - the only thing it asks you for is your name and LSAC # (no student ID or anything) and if you got in, it takes you to the next page and shows you the seat deposit information. If you didn't get accepted (I tested this by choosing the Summer 2014 instead of Fall button) it tells you that only admitted students can pay a seat deposit.

Enjoy getting around that 1-2 week anxiety period ;)

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:46 am

BigJimboOrleans wrote:This may be late to help you folks, but I've discovered a a trick to figure out whether or not you're admitted before you get your letter. My application status told me they made a decision today, and after browsing around their admissions site I was able to discover that I got accepted. So here it is:

http://www.baylor.edu/law/ps/index.php?id=76743

That's the link to the 2014 Seat Deposit page. It's really simple - the only thing it asks you for is your name and LSAC # (no student ID or anything) and if you got in, it takes you to the next page and shows you the seat deposit information. If you didn't get accepted (I tested this by choosing the Summer 2014 instead of Fall button) it tells you that only admitted students can pay a seat deposit.

Enjoy getting around that 1-2 week anxiety period ;)


Where was this three weeks ago?....this is great.

bravo1085
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bravo1085 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 am

ellewoods179 wrote:
hgp0002 wrote:Anyone planning on going to the preview days that are coming up? Never been to Waco before.


I definitely would if I had gotten that sweet deal dibreezy did. I am extremely interested in the school but It's so hard to make up my mind without seeing/experiencing the environment of it.At the same time I just can't see myself being able to afford paying for the airfare and accommodations down to Waco right now :( I've never been anywhere out west before so I'm really curious as to what the atmosphere is like. In my head I can't imagine Texas with grass and trees, I feel like I'll see an old western movie scene with lots of brown dirt and old towns haha


Hey there, I was just skimming through here, and while I didn't apply to Baylor, I did just drive past it yesterday on my way to Austin. Waco is far enough east that it gets rainfall and is pretty green, has trees, so on. The Brazos (I think) runs right through town, alongside the campus. Campus is beautiful, as well. It's about an hour and a half between Dallas and Austin, so a quick trip and you're in some exciting areas. That said, Waco and Baylor are pretty conservative, both socially and politically. That may or may not be consistent with your own beliefs/practices, but it is something you should be aware of. But from what I hear from people that have gone there, it's still a great city. And like I said, Dallas and Austin are very close.

User avatar
Lsat-took-my-sanity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Lsat-took-my-sanity » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm

So anyone here besides myself committed to Baylor?

hgp0002
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Baylor Class of 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hgp0002 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:14 am

Lsat-took-my-sanity wrote:So anyone here besides myself committed to Baylor?



Attending the preview day on Wednesday, flying out to Waco tomorrow morning.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zoe107 and 4 guests