University of Alabama c/ o 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
QueenFBG

Re: University of Alabama c/ o 2017

Postby QueenFBG » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:56 pm

doubledawg3378 wrote:
Marquis wrote:Yeah, I got a copy of the law review as well, but only after 3 telephone calls to discuss scholarship and travel stipend offers, a sweet welcome package, and ye olde Alabama Law T-Shirt. So the Law Review just felt like a sort of neat after thought to me. As I've said before, I've been incredibly impressed with the way Bama has treated me.

I really want a T-shirt! Did you get it with the admissions package? I got my package yesterday in a UPS box and it was pretty big, so just KNEW there was a tshirt... Wrong :(

Did yours come after? lol *Yes, things that matter to me when I get into Bama*

I figured I missed out on the free t-shirt period. I bought my own yesterday. Roll Tide. 8)

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:45 pm

copperboom22 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:
copperboom22 wrote:Any recent admits willing to share their UR dates?

I submitted around 1/25 and was UR on 2/05, and got a status update on 2/11, still just Under Review. They called me just to chat on 2/11 but I was at my nannying job and couldn't talk for very long.

I am basically this offset by one week lol. Oh and ... Minus the nannying lol unless you consider taking classes with kids all 5-7 years younger than me lol

Lol I don't know if I should call back. It was the basic, "We're here to be a resource for you, is this a good time?" *Holding a baby and trying to make mac and cheese with one hand and still holding the phone* "Not really but thanks so much for calling!" Them-"Laugh, well feel free to call back with any questions, we're here to help you." *Hang up, pray that being scattered won't affect my app and that the resource phone call isn't a sly way to get a mini-interview to make sure that looking good on paper hasn't stopped you from developing the social skills needed to not sound like a crazy person on the phone.*

Anyway, you were admitted right? When did you get your decision/how long after UR2?

no sorry i was wondering the same thing you were asking since i am waiting as you are only a little bit later than you with the application date.

samblackbones

Postby samblackbones » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Today got info on setting up a myBama e-mail, but no other news. Not sure if that is a good, bad or neutral sign. Have others had this happen?

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:40 pm

samblackbones wrote:Today got info on setting up a myBama e-mail, but no other news. Not sure if that is a good, bad or neutral sign. Have others had this happen?

i think its neutral, my emial for that said they did it to all applicants

paulinams

Postby paulinams » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:06 pm

My application has been under "final review" since 12/17.. Should I call?

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:23 pm

paulinams wrote:My application has been under "final review" since 12/17.. Should I call?

Go for it. The admissions team is super nice. Even if that's normal at this point, they'll seem happy to hear from you.

mes10d

Postby mes10d » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:15 pm

I just missed a call from Bama. Ms. Griffith left a really pleasant voicemail, telling me that she was "pleased to receive my application and offering to answer any Qs/provide any more information about...so please give me a call at ___." Is this standard? Or is that the voicemail that's often left re: impending acceptances, etc.?

doubledawg3378

Postby doubledawg3378 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:45 pm

mes10d wrote:I just missed a call from Bama. Ms. Griffith left a really pleasant voicemail, telling me that she was "pleased to receive my application and offering to answer any Qs/provide any more information about...so please give me a call at ___." Is this standard? Or is that the voicemail that's often left re: impending acceptances, etc.?

That one is pretty generic for applicants. The "Decision" one normally comes from Becca. I don't think she'll leave a message either.

chargers

Postby chargers » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:45 pm

mes10d wrote:I just missed a call from Bama. Ms. Griffith left a really pleasant voicemail, telling me that she was "pleased to receive my application and offering to answer any Qs/provide any more information about...so please give me a call at ___." Is this standard? Or is that the voicemail that's often left re: impending acceptances, etc.?

From what I've heard that is pretty standard. Bama's admissions department is about as nice and helpful as can be.

mes10d

Postby mes10d » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 am

Thanks doubledawg and chargers -- I figured, but it was worth the ask. +10 points to Bama for the Southern charm.

winterorange

Postby winterorange » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:54 am

doubledawg3378 wrote:

That one is pretty generic for applicants. The "Decision" one normally comes from Becca. I don't think she'll leave a message either.

I applied via the Honors College track (I'm an undergrad at UA), but yes, acceptances are from Becca. She left me a message just saying who she was, and asking me to call her back before telling me about my acceptance. If you get something like that from her, I'd imagine it means you're accepted.

zippernicus

Postby zippernicus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:20 am

Sakari wrote:I applied via the Honors College track (I'm an undergrad at UA), but yes, acceptances are from Becca. She left me a message just saying who she was, and asking me to call her back before telling me about my acceptance. If you get something like that from her, I'd imagine it means you're accepted call. .

I am a regular applicant - received a voicemail asking for a return call and then was accepted. (And it was pretty awesome :lol: may have started hyperventilating a bit when I got the voicemail.) Other than that call I heard from other people in the admissions office for all other phone calls.

QueenFBG

Postby QueenFBG » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:33 am

Sakari wrote:
doubledawg3378 wrote:

I applied via the Honors College track (I'm an undergrad at UA), but yes, acceptances are from Becca. She left me a message just saying who she was, and asking me to call her back before telling me about my acceptance. If you get something like that from her, I'd imagine it means you're accepted.

Ditto.

Kstejsk

Postby Kstejsk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:50 am

AT9 wrote:Bama can be so nice to you admits because they ignore everyone else on the PFCD list...

(Sorry, a little bitter here)

Haha, I'm in the same boat! Was wondering if anyone possibly had any idea as to when one who is on the PFCD list might expect a decision? Is that the waitlist or something else? I emailed Admissions and they were kind of vague. Didn't really elaborate on the matter too much.

SparkyZZZ

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:06 am

Kstejsk wrote:
AT9 wrote:Bama can be so nice to you admits because they ignore everyone else on the PFCD list...

(Sorry, a little bitter here)

Haha, I'm in the same boat! Was wondering if anyone possibly had any idea as to when one who is on the PFCD list might expect a decision? Is that the waitlist or something else? I emailed Admissions and they were kind of vague. Didn't really elaborate on the matter too much.

Looking at last year's thread, I would say late April-late May.

texasbama

Postby texasbama » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 am

I missed a call from Becca Tuesday. Her voicemail sounded very cheery, and briefly touched on her wanting to be a resource for me as I go through the application and admissions process, and law school. I called her back, she was busy. I left a message yesterday, no reply. I emailed her this morning. Thoughts?

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:20 pm

texasbama wrote:I missed a call from Becca Tuesday. Her voicemail sounded very cheery, and briefly touched on her wanting to be a resource for me as I go through the application and admissions process, and law school. I called her back, she was busy. I left a message yesterday, no reply. I emailed her this morning. Thoughts?

Did you have actual questions, or were you just saying you got her message? Because if it's the latter, you should probably leave her alone. :lol:

doubledawg3378

Postby doubledawg3378 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:
texasbama wrote:I missed a call from Becca Tuesday. Her voicemail sounded very cheery, and briefly touched on her wanting to be a resource for me as I go through the application and admissions process, and law school. I called her back, she was busy. I left a message yesterday, no reply. I emailed her this morning. Thoughts?

Did you have actual questions, or were you just saying you got her message? Because if it's the latter, you should probably leave her alone. :lol:

I agree. If it was your acceptance, she wouldnt have said "Let me be a resource to you." She wouldve just asked you to call her back. If you dont have specific questions, I think your email letting her know you received the voicemail is probably sufficient.

AceDeuces

Postby AceDeuces » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 pm

PFCD'd yesterday.

Edit: Withdrew today. Even if I were accepted, I'd need a full-ride to consider going there. Good luck to the rest of ya'll!

texasbama

Postby texasbama » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 pm

She called to tell me I am in PFCD.

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:44 pm

Becca hit me up today! Im in with $$$ yay!

time to put on my negotiation pants these guys are one of my top choices.

zippernicus

Postby zippernicus » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:Becca hit me up today! Im in with $$$ yay!

Congrats!! It's exciting stuff, right! ?

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 pm

zippernicus wrote:

Congrats!! It's exciting stuff, right! ?

this is so badass :-D

Marquis

Postby Marquis » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Congrats!

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Marquis wrote:

Congrats!

thank you thank you! gotta call them today to ask about the ASW and stuff!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”