University of Alabama c/ o 2017 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PAGator2014

New

Re: University of Alabama c/ o 2017

Post by PAGator2014 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:49 am

So how long did it take everybody to receive their admission packet in the mail?

chargers

New

Post by chargers » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:13 pm

PAGator2014 wrote:So how long did it take everybody to receive their admission packet in the mail?
About 2-3 weeks.

doubledawg3378

New

Post by doubledawg3378 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:23 pm

GOT THE CALL today!! IN!!! Only waiting on one more. I am completely in disbelief and so excited!!

LyricsToLitigation

Bronze

Post by LyricsToLitigation » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 pm

doubledawg3378 wrote:GOT THE CALL today!! IN!!! Only waiting on one more. I am completely in disbelief and so excited!!
Hey congrats!!!!!

Mind sharing numbers and complete/UR dates ?

Gold

Post by 20170322 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Hey, do you guys know if there's a serious in-state admissions or scholarship boost? As in, would it be profitable to wait a year, work in the state, and get residency in order to get better scholly offers?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Robbin Blue

Silver

Post by Robbin Blue » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:49 am

SweetTort wrote:Hey, do you guys know if there's a serious in-state admissions or scholarship boost? As in, would it be profitable to wait a year, work in the state, and get residency in order to get better scholly offers?
It'd probably be more profitable to spend the year studying to take the LSAT again. ;)

LyricsToLitigation

Bronze

Post by LyricsToLitigation » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:31 am

Robbin Blue wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Hey, do you guys know if there's a serious in-state admissions or scholarship boost? As in, would it be profitable to wait a year, work in the state, and get residency in order to get better scholly offers?
It'd probably be more profitable to spend the year studying to take the LSAT again. ;)
Retake - just what the TLS doctor ordered ;)

Gold

Post by 20170322 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:31 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:
Robbin Blue wrote:

Yeah, that's all well and good, but it doesn't answer my question: is there a significant admissions/scholly boost for in-staters?

Robbin Blue

Silver

Post by Robbin Blue » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:16 pm

SweetTort wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:
Robbin Blue wrote:

Yeah, that's all well and good, but it doesn't answer my question: is there a significant admissions/scholly boost for in-staters?
If there is a boost, it isn't significant enough for anyone to have recommended that route in the past. So probably not.

ETA: And, again, if you're willing to take a year off and are unhappy with your scholarship offers, the logical thing to do is to take the LSAT again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AceDeuces

Bronze

Post by AceDeuces » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. Did anyone else get an unscheduled call without being offered admission on the phone? I got a call on Friday from one of the assistant deans and we talked about the law school, Tuscaloosa, et. al, but he said, "You should be hearing soon," or something to that effect.

Robbin Blue

Silver

Post by Robbin Blue » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:53 pm

AceDeuces wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Did anyone else get an unscheduled call without being offered admission on the phone? I got a call on Friday from one of the assistant deans and we talked about the law school, Tuscaloosa, et. al, but he said, "You should be hearing soon," or something to that effect.
I didn't get a call exactly like that, but I did get a couple calls from Admissions inviting me to various events in my town. I think they just really want to reach out to as many applicants as possible.

AceDeuces

Bronze

Post by AceDeuces » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:
AceDeuces wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Did anyone else get an unscheduled call without being offered admission on the phone? I got a call on Friday from one of the assistant deans and we talked about the law school, Tuscaloosa, et. al, but he said, "You should be hearing soon," or something to that effect.
I didn't get a call exactly like that, but I did get a couple calls from Admissions inviting me to various events in my town. I think they just really want to reach out to as many applicants as possible.
Thanks. I am an OOS from a bit of a long distance so they may have just been touching base. It was quite a pleasant phone call though.

doubledawg3378

New

Post by doubledawg3378 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Anyone else accepted w/ opportunity to take the Summer Contracts class? Know anything else about it, when times...anything?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chargers

New

Post by chargers » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 am

Anyone attempted to negotiate scholarship offers yet? If so, any luck?

pagenotfound

New

Post by pagenotfound » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:47 am

Status Checker shows Pending Final Committee Decision today.
Does it mean I am waitlisted?

jts723

Bronze

Post by jts723 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:19 am

pagenotfound wrote:Status Checker shows Pending Final Committee Decision today.
Seems to indicate a sort of pre-waitlist.

Robbin Blue

Silver

Post by Robbin Blue » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:45 pm

chargers wrote:Anyone attempted to negotiate scholarship offers yet? If so, any luck?
I think they are willing to negotiate the amount, but not the stipulations. Good luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SparkyZZZ

Bronze

Post by SparkyZZZ » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 pm

pagenotfound wrote:Status Checker shows Pending Final Committee Decision today.

Last year a lot of people Pending Final Committee Decision (PFCD) didn't hear until May, and even then a lot were waitlisted once they finally did hear back.

Are you in the South? Sorry, just trying to figure out if the PFCD thing has any correlation with distance from Alabama?

-Also, it can't hurt to take a campus visit if you are interested, that and a LOCI will show them that you are likely to attend if accepted.

chargers

New

Post by chargers » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:
chargers wrote:Anyone attempted to negotiate scholarship offers yet? If so, any luck?
I think they are willing to negotiate the amount, but not the stipulations. Good luck!
Ok, cool. Thanks!

nyenina

New

Post by nyenina » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. Applied 1/28 and all my materials are definitely in but I haven't even gone complete yet... I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
copperboom22 wrote:I applied a couple of weeks ago and my status has been at a standstill. My status reads "Application received" and is dated 1/22. All the requirements are checked off except "Code of Conduct IF APPLICABLE" and Conduct attachment received (I don't have anything even close to something that would require a statement and didn't answer yes on my application). Does Alabama go to an "Application complete" status when they have everything or should I assume that everything is fine and that I'll go under review when they get to my file? Did anyone else stay on this status for a while? All the other schools I applied to that have status checkers either have me as "File complete" or under review or some other subsequent status so I'm just wondering if I should call admissions to make sure there aren't any problems.

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:04 pm

nyenina wrote:I'm in the same boat as you. Applied 1/28 and all my materials are definitely in but I haven't even gone complete yet... I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
copperboom22 wrote:I applied a couple of weeks ago and my status has been at a standstill. My status reads "Application received" and is dated 1/22. All the requirements are checked off except "Code of Conduct IF APPLICABLE" and Conduct attachment received (I don't have anything even close to something that would require a statement and didn't answer yes on my application). Does Alabama go to an "Application complete" status when they have everything or should I assume that everything is fine and that I'll go under review when they get to my file? Did anyone else stay on this status for a while? All the other schools I applied to that have status checkers either have me as "File complete" or under review or some other subsequent status so I'm just wondering if I should call admissions to make sure there aren't any problems.

i applied 1/24 and was incomplete until 2/13, and by 2/14 i was under review. still under review

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aceholmes

New

Post by aceholmes » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:45 pm

In via phone call today

Marquis

Bronze

Post by Marquis » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:25 am

I have to say, I'm incredibly impressed with Bama's treatment of accepted students. They really know how to court you.

tomjones

New

Post by tomjones » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:46 am

Been PFCD for a while. Got a status change on 2/17. Anyone else get some movement recently? Hoping it's a good sign.

zippernicus

Bronze

Post by zippernicus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 am

Marquis wrote:I have to say, I'm incredibly impressed with Bama's treatment of accepted students. They really know how to court you.
That's been my experience as well... no one else has come close, thus far.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”