Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sunnyd101
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sunnyd101 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:38 am

Unfortunately, I think all applicants have access.

As per the OPUS website:

"Applicants:
Applicants who have completed and submitted an application will be granted access to OPUS. Please check with your respective school for more information."

Moneytrees
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Moneytrees » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 am

Moneytrees wrote:
hollybrianna wrote:
Moneytrees wrote:
hollybrianna wrote:I don't know if this means anything, but I was able to log-in via the link in the financial aid email that was sent yesterday this morning with my DOB & SSN.


Me too. This has to be a good sign... right?!


I hope so--Emory is my top choice. Fingers crossed for the both of us!


If you log in, a message states "Please note that email remains the primary medium for official communication for students at Emory University as per the University policy."

It's hard to believe they would give us access to an account like this without granting us admission. Good luck!


Nevermind, I thought it said "this email" instead of "email". Still, it's a good sign. Hopefully it means we will be hearing from Emory soon with good news.

hkh2220
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby hkh2220 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:02 pm

I called yesterday (25 March) regarding my decision. They ask for your LSAC #, last four digits of SSN#, and LSAC email. All she said was to expect my decision "soon." If you're hesitant about calling, don't be. I just called the number on the Emory Law Admissions website. Best of luck to everyone!

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:08 pm

hkh2220 wrote:I called yesterday (25 March) regarding my decision. They ask for your LSAC #, last four digits of SSN#, and LSAC email. All she said was to expect my decision "soon." If you're hesitant about calling, don't be. I just called the number on the Emory Law Admissions website. Best of luck to everyone!


people are scared to death to call here, I don't know why. folks over at emory are friendly, they don't bite... and i don't recall ever being bitten over the phone

jacketyellow
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jacketyellow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:31 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
hkh2220 wrote:I called yesterday (25 March) regarding my decision. They ask for your LSAC #, last four digits of SSN#, and LSAC email. All she said was to expect my decision "soon." If you're hesitant about calling, don't be. I just called the number on the Emory Law Admissions website. Best of luck to everyone!


people are scared to death to call here, I don't know why. folks over at emory are friendly, they don't bite... and i don't recall ever being bitten over the phone


LOL. We don't want to be summarily denied admissions by calling!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby PattyCake » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:47 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:
hkh2220 wrote:I called yesterday (25 March) regarding my decision. They ask for your LSAC #, last four digits of SSN#, and LSAC email. All she said was to expect my decision "soon." If you're hesitant about calling, don't be. I just called the number on the Emory Law Admissions website. Best of luck to everyone!


people are scared to death to call here, I don't know why. folks over at emory are friendly, they don't bite... and i don't recall ever being bitten over the phone


LOL. We don't want to be summarily denied admissions by calling!


Eh. I didn't get someone super friendly - not rude, but def not friendly. And I didn't get an answer right away, he took my number and then hung up and passed my inquiry along to the dean - I was mortified! He emailed me around midnight that night to say I'd have a decision this week. I replied to thank him and apologized for bothering him at such a busy time of year. So embarrassing, really wish I'd waited.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Does anybody know if Emory increases scholarship offers after people don't give there deposits after the first deadline?

User avatar
ponyboy7
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ponyboy7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm

In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:11 pm

ponyboy7 wrote:In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly


email?

are you in the United States?

Moneytrees
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Moneytrees » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm

thevuch wrote:
ponyboy7 wrote:In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly


email?

are you in the United States?


Yeah I thought they weren't sending acceptances through email.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Moneytrees wrote:
thevuch wrote:
ponyboy7 wrote:In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly


email?

are you in the United States?


Yeah I thought they weren't sending acceptances through email.


someone on here got accepted via email but he was outside the united states

Moneytrees
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Moneytrees » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:29 pm

thevuch wrote:
Moneytrees wrote:
thevuch wrote:
ponyboy7 wrote:In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly


email?

are you in the United States?


Yeah I thought they weren't sending acceptances through email.


someone on here got accepted via email but he was outside the united states


Interesting. I wonder if anybody who received the Finaid email has been rejected. They probably aren't checking this page if that were the case, unfortunately.

annacg
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby annacg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:33 pm

annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?



yeah the dean of admissions said they wanted to communicate all decisions by the 31st. did you receive the email today?

and are you in the USA?

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:33 pm

annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?

Interesting! I wonder if they also communicate ding/wl through emails now.

annacg
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby annacg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:34 pm

thevuch wrote:
annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?



yeah the dean of admissions said they wanted to communicate all decisions by the 31st. did you receive the email today?

and are you in the USA?


yup, at 1:00 pm! in the USA

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:34 pm

anna8506 wrote:
annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?

Interesting! I wonder if they also communicate ding/wl through emails now.


i think ive read on this thread that theyve emailed WLed/dings too

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:37 pm

thevuch wrote:
anna8506 wrote:
annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?

Interesting! I wonder if they also communicate ding/wl through emails now.


i think ive read on this thread that theyve emailed WLed/dings too

I see. Maybe no news is good news now. Let's be patient. Should be here shortly.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm

annacg wrote:
thevuch wrote:
annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?



yeah the dean of admissions said they wanted to communicate all decisions by the 31st. did you receive the email today?

and are you in the USA?


yup, at 1:00 pm! in the USA

Congrats!

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:41 pm

annacg wrote:
thevuch wrote:
annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?



yeah the dean of admissions said they wanted to communicate all decisions by the 31st. did you receive the email today?

and are you in the USA?


yup, at 1:00 pm! in the USA


congratulations!!!

was scholarship info included?

User avatar
hollybrianna
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby hollybrianna » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:43 pm

ponyboy7 wrote:In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly


Did you receive the financial aid email a couple of days ago?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:43 pm

thevuch wrote:
annacg wrote:
thevuch wrote:
annacg wrote:Also in via email - they emailed me my decision letter/info for visiting day and also said that my acceptance packet had recently been mailed via USPS to my address on file.

Maybe they're trying to do both since it already late March?



yeah the dean of admissions said they wanted to communicate all decisions by the 31st. did you receive the email today?

and are you in the USA?


yup, at 1:00 pm! in the USA


congratulations!!!

was scholarship info included?


$ is in the acceptance package, yes.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:44 pm

ponyboy7 wrote:In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly


Congrats. So you gonna deposit to Texas, or is Emory looking good to you?

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:44 pm

cc

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:46 pm

hollybrianna wrote:
ponyboy7 wrote:In today by email!

2.9/167 URM.
Complete 2/17
$25k scholly


Did you receive the financial aid email a couple of days ago?



you avatar kinda weirds me out for some reason. is she supposed to be getting the acceptance phone call?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”