Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Thanks Dean Rosenzweig. I am excited to get a decision, hopefully a good one :).

bcoco9292
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bcoco9292 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:50 pm

jacketyellow wrote:Thanks Dean. I'm just so nervous right now as this is my first choice.


+1 !

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby njdevils2626 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Just got the admissions package with an incredibly generous scholarship offer and a very nice personalized message from Dean Rosenzweig. I am super excited!

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm

EmoryAdmissionDean wrote:Hi TLS readers - this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the dean of admission and financial aid, at Emory Law. With the admission cycle very active right now, I wanted to answer a few questions, and I'll communicate a longer message soon.

Financial Aid Email - we performed an applicant upload last night with the university financial system (the law school admission database is on a separate server), so that will trigger an acknowledgement of a submitted FAFSA. Admission decisions are communicated independently.

Admission Decisions - I just dropped off another round of admission packages to our mail house yesterday, and we intend to have all decisions communicated by March 31. If you have not heard from us by April 1st, please send an email to jdadmission(at)emory.edu.

Waitlist - we will be emailing waitlist invitations over the next few days as well; I'll post a longer note about our waitlist process here as well.

Don't be afraid to send us a message at jdadmisison(at)emory.edu with any questions that may come up. I know how stressful this time of year can be, and we are committed to providing you the individual information you deserve. Thanks!



+1

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:59 pm

do we see any emails after the File-Complete email?

or is it just waiting on the package at that point?

anyone?

jacketyellow
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jacketyellow » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:44 pm

thevuch wrote:do we see any emails after the File-Complete email?

or is it just waiting on the package at that point?

anyone?


We're just waiting on the package. Waitlist emails are the only emails one would receive.

codyal90
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby codyal90 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Are they sending a letter in the mail if it's a ding too?

STLtoATL
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby STLtoATL » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:33 pm

So when do those of us who are in and have decided to attend Emory Law start figuring out who to room with?

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:34 pm

STLtoATL wrote:So when do those of us who are in and have decided to attend Emory Law start figuring out who to room with?



now I guess. I am gonna start looking for apartments next week at ASD.

STLtoATL
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby STLtoATL » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:28 pm

To all fellow future Emory Law students:

If you like Sriracha hot sauce, think Kanye West is a talented artist, and like Chipotle over Qdoba I think we would be a good match to be roommates.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:31 pm

STLtoATL wrote:To all fellow future Emory Law students:

If you like Sriracha hot sauce, think Kanye West is a talented artist, and like Chipotle over Qdoba I think we would be a good match to be roommates.


Sriracha is meh
Kanye West is meh
Freebirds>Chipotle


I think rooming would be great, we could have wars over this kind of stuff.

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Kanye West » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Attax wrote:
STLtoATL wrote:To all fellow future Emory Law students:

If you like Sriracha hot sauce, think Kanye West is a talented artist, and like Chipotle over Qdoba I think we would be a good match to be roommates.


Sriracha is meh
Kanye West is meh
Freebirds>Chipotle


I think rooming would be great, we could have wars over this kind of stuff.


You're meh.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Kanye West wrote:
Attax wrote:
STLtoATL wrote:To all fellow future Emory Law students:

If you like Sriracha hot sauce, think Kanye West is a talented artist, and like Chipotle over Qdoba I think we would be a good match to be roommates.


Sriracha is meh
Kanye West is meh
Freebirds>Chipotle


I think rooming would be great, we could have wars over this kind of stuff.


You're meh.


Now, imma let you finish, but kanye west is the most meh of all time!

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Kanye West » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Attax wrote:
Kanye West wrote:
Attax wrote:
STLtoATL wrote:To all fellow future Emory Law students:

If you like Sriracha hot sauce, think Kanye West is a talented artist, and like Chipotle over Qdoba I think we would be a good match to be roommates.


Sriracha is meh
Kanye West is meh
Freebirds>Chipotle


I think rooming would be great, we could have wars over this kind of stuff.


You're meh.


Now, imma let you finish, but kanye west is the most meh of all time!


Oh... I'm finished wif u. Also:


Qdoba > Moe's > Chipotle
Thai Chili Sauce > BBQ > Sriracha
FILA > Adidas > Nike
Me > Attax
'>' > '<'

STLtoATL
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby STLtoATL » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:11 pm

that fila part a joke right?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Kanye West wrote:
Attax wrote:
Kanye West wrote:
Attax wrote:
Sriracha is meh
Kanye West is meh
Freebirds>Chipotle


I think rooming would be great, we could have wars over this kind of stuff.


You're meh.


Now, imma let you finish, but kanye west is the most meh of all time!


Oh... I'm finished wif u. Also:


Qdoba > Moe's > Chipotle
Thai Chili Sauce > BBQ > Sriracha
FILA > Adidas > Nike
Me > Attax
'>' > '<'


Lemme fix this for you...

Freebirds>Moe's>Chipotle>Qdoba
Jalapeno Ranch>BBQ>neverhadsriracha
I have never owned any of these brands of shoes
Attax>all

Trust me, I'm a STEM person :)

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Has anybody figured out how to book the free hotel stay?

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:28 pm

I met a TLS-er today at Emory but I have no idea who you are on here, so feel free to PM me.

User avatar
Yazzzay
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Yazzzay » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am

Moneytrees wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:
Moneytrees wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:the day I called and my app was in the final stage, my decision actually was mailed out on that same day.
but thats just me



Did you receive the finaid email as well? Did you get in? I'm really curious as to why they would send that out.



that FINAID email was sent because you probably sent your FAFSA to them. I did this and they had sent me a FINAID email to acknowledge receipt of my FAFSA, however, they did not have a decision on my file even after I received that email.


But why would they assign a financial advisor and state that they look forward to "building a rewarding relationship with you" if they aren't going to offer you admission? I understand that the email doesn't mean anything, but the wording certainly implies that you've been admitted/will be admitted.


Well the Dean said it doesn't imply acceptance or anything but the way it was written certainly was positive…oh well. Fingers continue to be crossed…

Moneytrees
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Moneytrees » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

Can someone confirm whether rejection decisions are sent out through email or through regular mail? I'm currently visiting some family and am away from my apartment. My roommate has maddeningly slow in letting me know if I've received anything in the mail, and I haven't received anything through email. Thanks in advance!

jacketyellow
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jacketyellow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:25 am

Moneytrees wrote:Can someone confirm whether rejection decisions are sent out through email or through regular mail? I'm currently visiting some family and am away from my apartment. My roommate has maddeningly slow in letting me know if I've received anything in the mail, and I haven't received anything through email. Thanks in advance!


Acceptances and rejections are sent through mail while waitlist decisions are sent through email.

User avatar
hollybrianna
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby hollybrianna » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:28 am

I don't know if this means anything, but I was able to log-in via the link in the financial aid email that was sent yesterday this morning with my DOB & SSN.

Moneytrees
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Moneytrees » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

hollybrianna wrote:I don't know if this means anything, but I was able to log-in via the link in the financial aid email that was sent yesterday this morning with my DOB & SSN.


Me too. This has to be a good sign... right?!

User avatar
hollybrianna
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby hollybrianna » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 am

Moneytrees wrote:
hollybrianna wrote:I don't know if this means anything, but I was able to log-in via the link in the financial aid email that was sent yesterday this morning with my DOB & SSN.


Me too. This has to be a good sign... right?!


I hope so--Emory is my top choice. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

Moneytrees
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Moneytrees » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:37 am

hollybrianna wrote:
Moneytrees wrote:
hollybrianna wrote:I don't know if this means anything, but I was able to log-in via the link in the financial aid email that was sent yesterday this morning with my DOB & SSN.


Me too. This has to be a good sign... right?!


I hope so--Emory is my top choice. Fingers crossed for the both of us!


If you log in, a message states "Please note that email remains the primary medium for official communication for students at Emory University as per the University policy."

It's hard to believe they would give us access to an account like this without granting us admission. Good luck!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, afenthiko1, airwrecka, Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], carlos_danger, cyclawps, danid83, Google Adsense [Bot], hamburg, jer0689, kneetap, Leliana, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, patrickkpaul, phelpsy, sonyco, texteach and 27 guests