Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JRO1989 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:09 am

life2323 wrote:
lsatyolo wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate for more $ yet?


I have tried and so far I have not received a response. I am sure some movement will happen after the deposit deadline.


You're right, I was able to get in contact with someone and they told me that they can't do anything at all until after the seat deposit deadline but, after that, then they'll be able to start looking into that

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5700
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BVest » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:24 pm

paayter wrote:Wow, have you guys noticed that the deposit is not applied to tuition? I thought all deposits were usually applied to tuition, but in Houston's case not. sucks.


"Enrollment Fee." That's rich. I wonder when that started. No doubt it was the back side to an announcement about how they were holding tuition down.

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Many of us should be hearing back by tomorrow

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby the_dude83 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Luchi91 wrote:Many of us should be hearing back by tomorrow

That fast? Do you mean initial decision or wl?
Last edited by the_dude83 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:37 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
Luchi91 wrote:Many of us should be hearing back by tomorrow

That fast? Do you initial decision or wl?


This will be my initial decision

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby the_dude83 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Luchi91 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
Luchi91 wrote:Many of us should be hearing back by tomorrow

That fast? Do you initial decision or wl?


This will be my initial decision

I wanted a decision and they gave me the waitlist, now I don't want this decision.
Hope they get to the waitlist promptly!
Gl to your initial decision.

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JRO1989 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:05 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
Luchi91 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
Luchi91 wrote:Many of us should be hearing back by tomorrow

That fast? Do you initial decision or wl?


This will be my initial decision

I wanted a decision and they gave me the waitlist, now I don't want this decision.
Hope they get to the waitlist promptly!
Gl to your initial decision.


Don't worry about that. I visited SMU and left with a bad taste in my mouth personally. But I have no doubt that after the latest rankings a BIG majority of SMU admits will opt for SMU over UH. Houston is trying to be careful but they are not going to get nearly as many deposits as they need. I really think A LOT of you guys will be getting in soon. Good luck!

healthyman
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:09 am

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby healthyman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I have been waitlisted, so I may come off biased: I think this is one of those cycles that UH will have to go deep inside their WL.

kenzo
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kenzo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:39 pm

I may have missed this when searching through the pages. Has anyone tried to submit a seat deposit to see if they are admitted? I know with Baylor you can try and submit a deposit and if you're not admitted then you won't come up in the system. Didn't know if the same possibly applied to Houston?

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:02 pm

kenzo wrote:I may have missed this when searching through the pages. Has anyone tried to submit a seat deposit to see if they are admitted? I know with Baylor you can try and submit a deposit and if you're not admitted then you won't come up in the system. Didn't know if the same possibly applied to Houston?

I'm confused by your rationale, seat deposits are for accepted students. So, if you are required to submit one, you have already learned of your acceptance, in the same email that informed of the seat deposit and deadline of.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rion91 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:03 pm

the_dude83 wrote:
kenzo wrote:I may have missed this when searching through the pages. Has anyone tried to submit a seat deposit to see if they are admitted? I know with Baylor you can try and submit a deposit and if you're not admitted then you won't come up in the system. Didn't know if the same possibly applied to Houston?

I'm confused by your rationale, seat deposits are for accepted students. So, if you are required to submit one, you have already learned of your acceptance, in the same email that informed of the seat deposit and deadline of.

I think he means there's an online portal where admitted students put in their info to submit payment. If it's accepted, then you know you've been admitted, although they haven't notified you yet

kenzo
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kenzo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:53 pm

rion91 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
kenzo wrote:I may have missed this when searching through the pages. Has anyone tried to submit a seat deposit to see if they are admitted? I know with Baylor you can try and submit a deposit and if you're not admitted then you won't come up in the system. Didn't know if the same possibly applied to Houston?

I'm confused by your rationale, seat deposits are for accepted students. So, if you are required to submit one, you have already learned of your acceptance, in the same email that informed of the seat deposit and deadline of.

I think he means there's an online portal where admitted students put in their info to submit payment. If it's accepted, then you know you've been admitted, although they haven't notified you yet




Thank you for wording that correctly. That's exactly what I meant to say. Sorry for the confusion.

rodmanhust
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rodmanhust » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:48 pm

kenzo wrote:
rion91 wrote:
the_dude83 wrote:
kenzo wrote:I may have missed this when searching through the pages. Has anyone tried to submit a seat deposit to see if they are admitted? I know with Baylor you can try and submit a deposit and if you're not admitted then you won't come up in the system. Didn't know if the same possibly applied to Houston?

I'm confused by your rationale, seat deposits are for accepted students. So, if you are required to submit one, you have already learned of your acceptance, in the same email that informed of the seat deposit and deadline of.

I think he means there's an online portal where admitted students put in their info to submit payment. If it's accepted, then you know you've been admitted, although they haven't notified you yet




Thank you for wording that correctly. That's exactly what I meant to say. Sorry for the confusion.


I'm curious, if you're not admitted yet, what's the error msg? or how far can you get?
btw, portal is here:
https://www.law.uh.edu/admissions/payments/

kenzo
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kenzo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm curious, if you're not admitted yet, what's the error msg? or how far can you get?
btw, portal is here:
https://www.law.uh.edu/admissions/payments/


I am able to make it all the way through to the payment page. How are far you able to go? I haven't received an error message.

rodmanhust
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rodmanhust » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 pm

kenzo wrote:
I'm curious, if you're not admitted yet, what's the error msg? or how far can you get?
btw, portal is here:
https://www.law.uh.edu/admissions/payments/


I am able to make it all the way through to the payment page. How are far you able to go? I haven't received an error message.


Same. Doesnt mean anything Then

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kobe1020 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:52 am

withdrew. In state waiver + 10k a year back on the table. you are welcome guys :P

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:36 am

kobe1020 wrote:withdrew. In state waiver + 10k a year back on the table. you are welcome guys :P


Lol thanks

rodmanhust
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rodmanhust » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:50 am

3rd date change 4/15. hope sth good is in the works

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:52 am

rodmanhust wrote:3rd date change 4/15. hope sth good is in the works


OMG!!!!!

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 am

Submitted since early November and still waiting :(
Status: File in Review
Current Status Date: 4/16/2014

Last status change before today was 3/14/2014

Like what are they waiting on? Do they want me but want to see how things play out? BLaH

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:25 am

Pillar from admissions emailed me back saying I will receive a decision by the end of next week. Great

kenzo
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kenzo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Luchi91 wrote:Pillar from admissions emailed me back saying I will receive a decision by the end of next week. Great



Did you just casually ask in an e-mail? I've been in review since 3/3 with no change...

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 am

kenzo wrote:
Luchi91 wrote:Pillar from admissions emailed me back saying I will receive a decision by the end of next week. Great



Did you just casually ask in an e-mail? I've been in review since 3/3 with no change...


Yeah, said I applied back in early November and have yet to hear back. My status updated and then she responded with that.

User avatar
the_dude83
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby the_dude83 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 am

So what is the consensus on LOCIs? I have been waitlisted, I toured the campus Friday with no luck of meeting anyone, I was hoping to put a face with a file. It was suggested that waitlist applicants would not receive a look until all applicants received a full first review; that is right folks, still doing their initial reviews. It was also mentioned that the waitlist most likely would not be reviewed till the first part of May, so, should I submit a LOCI now, wait till they send out emails that the waitlist is now being reviewed, or send one now and one then?

healthyman
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:09 am

Re: Houston c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby healthyman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:20 am

the_dude83 wrote:So what is the consensus on LOCIs? I have been waitlisted, I toured the campus Friday with no luck of meeting anyone, I was hoping to put a face with a file. It was suggested that waitlist applicants would not receive a look until all applicants received a full first review; that is right folks, still doing their initial reviews. It was also mentioned that the waitlist most likely would not be reviewed till the first part of May, so, should I submit a LOCI now, wait till they send out emails that the waitlist is now being reviewed, or send one now and one then?


Personally, I just sent mine this week. My status checker indicates that my waitlist letter went out on 4/1/14, but I have yet to receive it. Yes, you are right about the waitlist being reviewed in May. By the end of the first week of June, admitted students will have to submit a registration form, indicating their intent to enroll at UHLC. I expect a good amount of activity afterwards. The amount of activity on the waitlist before the registration due date is really anyone's guess. From past threads, it seems students had to solicit information about the status of the waitlist. Lastly, waitlisted applicant's status on their status checker will not reflect whether they are under review once again. Waitlisted applicants will be notified of their acceptance via e-mail.

P.S. Only one LOCI will be added to your file, so make it count!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic, Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests