rosebowlchamps100 wrote:Waitlisted last night and sent in a LOCI. Now I am counting on the kindness of strangers to actively withdraw to make room for me. Would you all recommend touring the school to up my stock? I'm about 800 miles away for school and would have to fly in but if it helps I will definitely do it. Also, should I send in another LOCI with different info about a week prior to the first deposit deadline?
Visiting the school will likely be unhelpful, so if you're that far away, I would recommend just sending an LOCI and hoping for the best. It seems like decisions are coming later this year than they did last, so you can hold out a little hope.
What "different info" would you send in a new LOCI?
Great, thanks for the info. I will probably not visit then, I just assumed that visiting might show that I am interested enough to take the time to see the school and attend an open house or something.
For a second LOCI, I was thinking that mentioning different programs, clinics, or unique courses of interest might be helpful, and that doing so closer to the deposit deadline would at least remind them that I exist. It was something I was thinking about after I submitted my LOCI hours after being waitlisted, realizing how desperate I must look.
Great username, btw.