UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby John Everyman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:10 pm

ohioguy99 wrote:
John Everyman wrote:Just got the email. Should be an interesting choice considering I have no problem staying in Wisco. Gotta love the lake-life...


When did you go under review? I've been under review since December 13 and I'm regular decision.

Thanks!


Submitted 1/9, under review 1/15. Also RD.

Good luck!

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8776
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Serett » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Congrats on the acceptance (and likewise to anyone else I've missed).

wmartin6
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wmartin6 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Did anyone get scholarship info in acceptance packages? I got in before Christmas but haven't heard a peep about a potential scholarship.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8776
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Serett » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 pm

wmartin6 wrote:Did anyone get scholarship info in acceptance packages? I got in before Christmas but haven't heard a peep about a potential scholarship.


It seems like people offered scholarships tend to hear after the fact. Recalling from memory, it has been anywhere from a couple weeks to a month afterward, but feel free to read back through the topic for more precision.

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chriz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 am

I might be signing a lease here soon. I hope there are no surprises and UW becomes less than my first choice.

User avatar
paymytelephonebillz
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby paymytelephonebillz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 pm

wmartin6 wrote:Did anyone get scholarship info in acceptance packages? I got in before Christmas but haven't heard a peep about a potential scholarship.



Nahhhhh I didn't get any in my acceptance package, and I was accepted sometime at the end of December. But, I got an email last week saying I qualified for like some moneyyyy.... pocket change. :roll:

kjm4815
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kjm4815 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Still waiting to hear back..been in review since 11/21 and deferred from ED. They said 6-8 weeks but it's been longer than that...

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chriz » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

kjm4815 wrote:Still waiting to hear back..been in review since 11/21 and deferred from ED. They said 6-8 weeks but it's been longer than that...


Yeah it's rough. They are always really slow. I have been waiting a month for them to reevaluate my scholarship and it will pry still be a lot longer.

adeel
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby adeel » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:48 am

I am an international student. 163/169 cgpa 3.38. I have gotten in, but what are my chances with money, if any? I would love go to Wisconsin Madison. heard great things about the city. non racist. accomodating.

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chriz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 am

adeel wrote:I am an international student. 163/169 cgpa 3.38. I have gotten in, but what are my chances with money, if any? I would love go to Wisconsin Madison. heard great things about the city. non racist. accomodating.


I have heard that they are pretty stingy with scholarships but I hope that's not true.

adeel
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby adeel » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Chriz wrote:
adeel wrote:I am an international student. 163/169 cgpa 3.38. I have gotten in, but what are my chances with money, if any? I would love go to Wisconsin Madison. heard great things about the city. non racist. accomodating.


I have heard that they are pretty stingy with scholarships but I hope that's not true.
Chriz wrote:
adeel wrote:I am an international student. 163/169 cgpa 3.38. I have gotten in, but what are my chances with money, if any? I would love go to Wisconsin Madison. heard great things about the city. non racist. accomodating.


I have heard that they are pretty stingy with scholarships but I hope that's not true.


lets have our fingers crossed man.

etoile
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby etoile » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Anyone planning on going to ASW? I'm probably going.

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chriz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:02 pm

etoile wrote:Anyone planning on going to ASW? I'm probably going.


Yes.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8776
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Serett » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:40 pm

I would have if it didn't conflict with others, but as I'm already familiar with Madison, it loses the ASW battle.

User avatar
AceDeuces
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby AceDeuces » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 pm

In today via email! LSAT >75%. GPA above median. Didn't hear about scholly. If I got some $$$, no bar exam to stay in Wisconsin could be very enticing...

kjm4815
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kjm4815 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Was just waitlisted :? Was expecting this, seeing as I'm right above the 25 for LSAT and at median for GPA. Here's to waiting it out--being from Wisconsin, UW is still my first choice!

ChicagoDawg
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ChicagoDawg » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:37 pm

When is the seat deposit deadline?

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chriz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:08 am

kjm4815 wrote:Was just waitlisted :? Was expecting this, seeing as I'm right above the 25 for LSAT and at median for GPA. Here's to waiting it out--being from Wisconsin, UW is still my first choice!


I would retake the LSAT and then reapply. It's what I did and so far it is working out really well for me. It could be good for you too.

kjm4815
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kjm4815 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks for the advice! I also just finished final interview for TFA and I'm wondering if I get it, can I accept it and still stay on the waitlist at UW? I know that UW partners with TFA and says that if you are accepted, you can defer for two years and attend when you've finished TFA. What if I accepted TFA then waited out the waitlist, potentially got accepted in July or August, and then tried to defer? Do you think that would be legitimate?

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chriz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:09 pm

kjm4815 wrote:Thanks for the advice! I also just finished final interview for TFA and I'm wondering if I get it, can I accept it and still stay on the waitlist at UW? I know that UW partners with TFA and says that if you are accepted, you can defer for two years and attend when you've finished TFA. What if I accepted TFA then waited out the waitlist, potentially got accepted in July or August, and then tried to defer? Do you think that would be legitimate?


I'd recommend just getting off the waitlist if you get accepted for TFA and working on your LSAT while you do it and retaking then reapplying all together.

msx3
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby msx3 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:07 pm

In by email, applied 1/21

nyenina
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby nyenina » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Complete 2/12, UR 3/7!

tryagainkaz
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tryagainkaz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:46 pm

I went complete mid-January and am creeping up on a month of being "in review" at Madison... LSAT a few points above the 25%, GPA>>75%. I'm originally from MN and really hoping to stay in the midwest, which makes Madison a favorite. To anyone with similar stats, how long were you under review/did you receive any $$?

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chriz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:29 pm

tryagainkaz wrote:I went complete mid-January and am creeping up on a month of being "in review" at Madison... LSAT a few points above the 25%, GPA>>75%. I'm originally from MN and really hoping to stay in the midwest, which makes Madison a favorite. To anyone with similar stats, how long were you under review/did you receive any $$?


If I were you I would retake. You could go to UW for free or could even get into Minnesota, WUSTL, and stick around the midwest with much better options.

msx3
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: UWisconsin-Madison Applicants c/o 2017 (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby msx3 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Received a cup in the mail, which is cool, but it's still not scholarship information.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”