University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cesium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm in! Just got the e-mail!

Submitted 1/19, Ready to Review 1/21, In Review 1/24, Decision 2/21.

PM for stats.

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 pm

In by email this hour. Not a bad turnaround: LSAC-submitted on 1/20.

mathwhiz87
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mathwhiz87 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Icecold62 wrote:
pcthenls wrote:
dust_shaker wrote:Anyone else receive the UW Newsletter email today?

I'm curious if the "generous donation" amount will allow the school to open up the pursestrings on scholarship dollars a little?

I sure hope so - UW would be a top choice if the money was comparable to its peer schools.


This is what I was told by the dean of admissions during an admitted student event. More money for programming and scholarships and potentially for PI support. :)


Right, but this year?


My thoughts exactly.

Congrats to all the recent admits!

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:27 am

cesium wrote:I'm in! Just got the e-mail!

Submitted 1/19, Ready to Review 1/21, In Review 1/24, Decision 2/21.

PM for stats.

In too!

MegamanX2
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby MegamanX2 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:34 pm

In at 3.9 / 165.

Anyone have suggestions for the 500 wd scholarship essay? I'm trying to get that in ASAP. There's a lot one can fit in there, and 500 words is quite a restriction. Definitely don't want to repeat the PS / tell them things they already know from the FAFSA. Thoughts?

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:16 am

Is there a separate essay for the scholarship app? I didn't even realize that ...

MegamanX2
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby MegamanX2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:34 am

Is there a separate essay for the scholarship app? I didn't even realize that ...


Yes, it's in the admitted students portal. Due by March 15 but they're already giving out $$ so the sooner the better.

User avatar
gratfield
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby gratfield » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Checking in

altthymes
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby altthymes » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

In as of this hour!

Complete on 1/27, 3.8/163. I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing it financially, but I'm excited to have been accepted.

hikensurf
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby hikensurf » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:45 pm

For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.

pixy1900
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pixy1900 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:17 am

hikensurf wrote:For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.

+1, also how were you notified? On the website it sounds like you have to make a UW email address to get the notification... is that true?

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:45 am

pixy1900 wrote:
hikensurf wrote:For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.

+1, also how were you notified? On the website it sounds like you have to make a UW email address to get the notification... is that true?


At this time, I'm not impressed with UW's handling of merit scholarships. From email:

If this message [financial aid application] was sent to a non-UW email account, you should know that
we may not use this account for future communications. For UW students
who have established UW NetIDs, our correspondence will be sent to your
UW NetID email account. Newly admitted students will receive information
about how to set up a UW Net ID. You are encouraged to set up your UW
NetID and email account as soon as you are eligible. The financial aid
office (and other offices on campus) will use email to communicate with
you, including time sensitive messages. Therefore, you are expected to
check your UW email account frequently in addition to responding to
any requests sent via U.S. mail. Be sure to update the UW with any
changes to your address.

User avatar
Icecold62
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Icecold62 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:44 am

hikensurf wrote:For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.


Has anyone received a response? I mean yes the auto "we recieved your application" email, but anything else?

etoile
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby etoile » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 am

Icecold62 wrote:
hikensurf wrote:For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.


Has anyone received a response? I mean yes the auto "we recieved your application" email, but anything else?


I received an offer within less than a week. But if the thing about having a UW email is true, then it might be because of that since I went there for undergrad.

pixy1900
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pixy1900 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 am

camelthing wrote:
pixy1900 wrote:
hikensurf wrote:For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.

+1, also how were you notified? On the website it sounds like you have to make a UW email address to get the notification... is that true?


At this time, I'm not impressed with UW's handling of merit scholarships. From email:

If this message [financial aid application] was sent to a non-UW email account, you should know that
we may not use this account for future communications. For UW students
who have established UW NetIDs, our correspondence will be sent to your
UW NetID email account. Newly admitted students will receive information
about how to set up a UW Net ID. You are encouraged to set up your UW
NetID and email account as soon as you are eligible. The financial aid
office (and other offices on campus) will use email to communicate with
you, including time sensitive messages. Therefore, you are expected to
check your UW email account frequently in addition to responding to
any requests sent via U.S. mail. Be sure to update the UW with any
changes to your address.


from the admitted students website: "During this process, you will also create your UW e-mail address. This is critical as the Office of Student Financial Aid will notify you only to your UW e-mail address that your financial aid award is ready and prepared for your review, modification, acceptance, or rejection."

I don't thinkkk i've gotten instructions to set one up and I've been in for months... also why would I make a UW email if I don't go there, and how would I know if i'm going there if i don't know how much it costs?

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:05 am

pixy1900 wrote:from the admitted students website: "During this process, you will also create your UW e-mail address. This is critical as the Office of Student Financial Aid will notify you only to your UW e-mail address that your financial aid award is ready and prepared for your review, modification, acceptance, or rejection."

I don't thinkkk i've gotten instructions to set one up and I've been in for months... also why would I make a UW email if I don't go there, and how would I know if i'm going there if i don't know how much it costs?


I'm in the process of setting one up now, and it's a process. It seems that you need to register on the admitted students' website (using the code they send you, which apparently has an expiration date) and subsequently register for a NET ID using a Private Access Code and Student Number that was sent via snail mail. I cannot recall or find said mail, so it seems I'll be calling their help line. I probably wouldn't be bothered by this extra work if I had to do it for all schools.

lbrodsky
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby lbrodsky » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:07 am

pixy1900 wrote:
camelthing wrote:
pixy1900 wrote:
hikensurf wrote:For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.

+1, also how were you notified? On the website it sounds like you have to make a UW email address to get the notification... is that true?


At this time, I'm not impressed with UW's handling of merit scholarships. From email:

If this message [financial aid application] was sent to a non-UW email account, you should know that
we may not use this account for future communications. For UW students
who have established UW NetIDs, our correspondence will be sent to your
UW NetID email account. Newly admitted students will receive information
about how to set up a UW Net ID. You are encouraged to set up your UW
NetID and email account as soon as you are eligible. The financial aid
office (and other offices on campus) will use email to communicate with
you, including time sensitive messages. Therefore, you are expected to
check your UW email account frequently in addition to responding to
any requests sent via U.S. mail. Be sure to update the UW with any
changes to your address.


from the admitted students website: "During this process, you will also create your UW e-mail address. This is critical as the Office of Student Financial Aid will notify you only to your UW e-mail address that your financial aid award is ready and prepared for your review, modification, acceptance, or rejection."

I don't thinkkk i've gotten instructions to set one up and I've been in for months... also why would I make a UW email if I don't go there, and how would I know if i'm going there if i don't know how much it costs?


I received the same email and was very confused because I didn't receive the necessary information to create a UW netID/ whatever you need to create a school email. I called the Office of Financial Aid more than a week ago and the person I spoke to told me that they will get the scholarship info to admitted students through US mail or email, even if you don't have a UW email. She said that it would be a few weeks because the priority FAFSA filing date had just passed...

I'm still waiting. Anxiously.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:41 pm

U Washington jumped to #24 in the new ranking.
See Spivey consulting twitter/

User avatar
Icecold62
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Icecold62 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:07 pm

etoile wrote:
Icecold62 wrote:
hikensurf wrote:For those of you who have submitted their merit scholarship applications and received responses, about how long was the wait? I am feeling impatient.


Has anyone received a response? I mean yes the auto "we recieved your application" email, but anything else?


I received an offer within less than a week. But if the thing about having a UW email is true, then it might be because of that since I went there for undergrad.


Ballpark on amount and stats?

etoile
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby etoile » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Icecold62 wrote:
Ballpark on amount and stats?


Just PMed you.

mathwhiz87
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mathwhiz87 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:43 pm

I submitted my scholarship info in early January through the website/application, heard back within two weeks via non-UW email. PM me for more information. I visited a few weeks back--great school, strongly considering attending when I get some more financial clarity.

uvandy
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby uvandy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Got an email this week with a fee waiver. UW must be desperate for auto dings.

nyenina
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby nyenina » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Been UR since 2/7 ughhhh... Come on UW, give me an answer!

azug2azlaw
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby azug2azlaw » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:17 pm

The wait is killing me

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Not that I've complained enough but...

Students who submit their FAFSA after February 28 will not receive priority when financial aid awards are packaged, which are done approximately in June.


Is it possible that financial aid packages will not come out until June, which is long after most of us will have made our decision? I know I've seen a couple people say that they have awards already, but this is discouraging.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: luckydayahead, ReadyToStart, whodareswins and 12 guests