University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tweetybird
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby tweetybird » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Checking in and interviewed this morning. Sure hope this goes well!

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:01 pm

Checking in!

Sent: 01/12
Complete: 01/13
Under review: 01/17
Last edited by anna8506 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:06 pm

In by email!!!! 158 3.63

zanardin
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby zanardin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Does anyone know if UW reinburses travel for admitted student weekend? I have heard that other schools do but I am not sure if that is just a T14/scholarship thing.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:24 pm

zanardin wrote:Does anyone know if UW reinburses travel for admitted student weekend? I have heard that other schools do but I am not sure if that is just a T14/scholarship thing.



I am curious about this too. I know that Notre Dame does, so there is at least one out of the T14 that gives a travel stipend (I think U of Iowa does as well)

Without a travel stipend, I really don't see being able to make it to Seattle for ASW.

maple22
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby maple22 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Just got waitlisted. 161/3.82

etoile
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby etoile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:28 pm

SparkyZZZ wrote:
zanardin wrote:Does anyone know if UW reinburses travel for admitted student weekend? I have heard that other schools do but I am not sure if that is just a T14/scholarship thing.



I am curious about this too. I know that Notre Dame does, so there is at least one out of the T14 that gives a travel stipend (I think U of Iowa does as well)

Without a travel stipend, I really don't see being able to make it to Seattle for ASW.


This is written on their admitted students page:

"Students who are traveling more than 150 miles to Seattle for Admitted Students Day are eligible for a $250 travel reimbursement. To apply for this stipend, please email us your name, mailing address, and the city/state you’ll be traveling from (if different from your mailing address) by Friday, March 21. You must also RSVP to the event using the RSVP link above. We will provide you with a $250 check upon your arrival to the ASD event."

AndiDail
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AndiDail » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Just sent in my RSVP for the Admitted Students Day! Very excited. I will be coming from So Cal (and staying at a hostel about 2 miles from campus), so am very thankful for the available travel stipend.

olivejuice831
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby olivejuice831 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Anyone know what the turn around timeframe is from in review to a decision? Thanks :)

amp2017
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby amp2017 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Waitlisted. 161/3.54

lbrodsky
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby lbrodsky » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Accepted through email on Friday (1/31). Waiting for packet in mail. Reeeeally hoping for some scholarship $.

pixy1900
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pixy1900 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:51 pm

I got my packet a few weeks ago, but there was no mention of $$. It seems we have to apply online through the admitted students website and write more essays... has anyone been given $$ yet?

I looked through the past few years and can't find that much talk about how generous they've been in the past or how the aid was awarded.

etoile
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby etoile » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:32 pm

pixy1900 wrote:I got my packet a few weeks ago, but there was no mention of $$. It seems we have to apply online through the admitted students website and write more essays... has anyone been given $$ yet?

I looked through the past few years and can't find that much talk about how generous they've been in the past or how the aid was awarded.


I submitted my essay and got a response within 5 days (30k). I think they're known to be quite stingy, but they received a huge donation in the fall, so maybe they'll be a little more generous this year?

pixy1900
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pixy1900 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:36 pm

congrats! was it 30 per year or overall? You inspired me to do the essay, so I just submitted. Hoping for some good aid, I'm over both 75th and was born in seattle and would like to move back

etoile
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby etoile » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Sadly, just total (per year would've been amazing, that would be a full ride for me because I'm a resident haha). They did emphasize that it was just an initial offer and may increase after processing my FAFSA so fingers crossed. Scrolling through LSN, it looks like 30k is on the higher end (though there isn't much $$ info on there so who knows). I'm a splitter, so you might get luckier than me! Here's to hoping we both get $$$ :)

User avatar
Icecold62
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Icecold62 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 am

In, waiting for scholarship info.

3.3 165

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cesium » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Generally speaking, do state schools favor or unfavor out-of-state applicants (never lived in the state)? I imagine they have an obligation to their taxpayers (and their children) to give them an advantage for in-state admissions, but perhaps they are also interested in diversifying the incoming class.

In particular, what is University of Washington's position on this?

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Sorry for being impatient, but has anyone besides me been stuck on UR since 01/17? Thank you!
Last edited by anna8506 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:04 pm

cesium wrote:Generally speaking, do state schools favor or unfavor out-of-state applicants (never lived in the state)? I imagine they have an obligation to their taxpayers (and their children) to give them an advantage for in-state admissions, but perhaps they are also interested in diversifying the incoming class.

In particular, what is University of Washington's position on this?

This is what I found on their website, so I guess they do give their residents some priority.
143 enrolled (2,624 applicants, 686 admitted)

Median GPA - 3.64; median LSAT - 164 (90th percentile)

46.2% women; 27.9% students of color; 70.6% Washington residents

9.1% hold other graduate degrees

5 foreign countries represented (Brazil, Canada, China, South Korea, United Kingdom)

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cesium » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:09 pm

anna8506 wrote:
cesium wrote:Generally speaking, do state schools favor or unfavor out-of-state applicants (never lived in the state)? I imagine they have an obligation to their taxpayers (and their children) to give them an advantage for in-state admissions, but perhaps they are also interested in diversifying the incoming class.

In particular, what is University of Washington's position on this?

This is what I found on their website, so I guess they do give their residents some priority.
143 enrolled (2,624 applicants, 686 admitted)

Median GPA - 3.64; median LSAT - 164 (90th percentile)

46.2% women; 27.9% students of color; 70.6% Washington residents

9.1% hold other graduate degrees

5 foreign countries represented (Brazil, Canada, China, South Korea, United Kingdom)


Even though 70.6% of their students are Washington residents, it is possible that an even greater percentage of their applicants are from WA. It would be interesting to see how the LSAT/GPA numbers differ between in-state and out-of-state students.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:16 pm

cesium wrote:
anna8506 wrote:
cesium wrote:Generally speaking, do state schools favor or unfavor out-of-state applicants (never lived in the state)? I imagine they have an obligation to their taxpayers (and their children) to give them an advantage for in-state admissions, but perhaps they are also interested in diversifying the incoming class.

In particular, what is University of Washington's position on this?

This is what I found on their website, so I guess they do give their residents some priority.
143 enrolled (2,624 applicants, 686 admitted)

Median GPA - 3.64; median LSAT - 164 (90th percentile)

46.2% women; 27.9% students of color; 70.6% Washington residents

9.1% hold other graduate degrees

5 foreign countries represented (Brazil, Canada, China, South Korea, United Kingdom)


Even though 70.6% of their students are Washington residents, it is possible that an even greater percentage of their applicants are from WA. It would be interesting to see how the LSAT/GPA numbers differ between in-state and out-of-state students.


I have not seen any data on that, but I think they use the out-of-state applicants as ways to diversify the class and also boost LSAT/GPA stats. And having any ties within the state would imply higher chance of matriculation.

Cool profile pic BTW!

User avatar
Hurricane211
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:18 am

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Hurricane211 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:52 pm

These folks sent me a birthday card and a magnet! I can't believe they would actually take the time to do that, let alone keep track of when my birthday was. Major props to them!

User avatar
Manteca
Posts: 1169
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Manteca » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been in review since 1/17. Hoping for a response soon!

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:08 pm

jj1990 wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Been in review since 1/17. Hoping for a response soon!

same here!

nyenina
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: University of Washington C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby nyenina » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Checking in.

Complete 1/30
Under Review 2/7

Should I expect a long waiting period for the decision?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaptKangaroo, curry1, curry4bfast, JosefK, Lhcarter22, premalone, Specter1389 and 10 guests