OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FrancisU
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby FrancisU » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:41 am

JJ123 wrote:ALSO,
I saw people talking about housing. Don't live on Chittenden, that's where they riot. Seriously. They flip cars over and light them on fire there. Gateway is overpriced, but nice and right next to the law school. There's are a lot of apartments nearby, look at west 10th and down into the Short North (but be really careful on EAST 9th and down).


Chittenden isn't all that bad... There is one weekend of the year called Chitt Show, where things get a bit hectic. But it's all undergrads, which is why I wouldn't live there.

I would live in the Gateway, or somewhere west of High St. and south of campus. The Short North and Victorian Village are saturated with yo pros. If you bring a car or don't mind busing it to school, I'd live there.

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:05 pm

FrancisU wrote:
JJ123 wrote:ALSO,
I saw people talking about housing. Don't live on Chittenden, that's where they riot. Seriously. They flip cars over and light them on fire there. Gateway is overpriced, but nice and right next to the law school. There's are a lot of apartments nearby, look at west 10th and down into the Short North (but be really careful on EAST 9th and down).


Chittenden isn't all that bad... There is one weekend of the year called Chitt Show, where things get a bit hectic. But it's all undergrads, which is why I wouldn't live there.

I would live in the Gateway, or somewhere west of High St. and south of campus. The Short North and Victorian Village are saturated with yo pros. If you bring a car or don't mind busing it to school, I'd live there.


Gateway is nice and all but it's so damn expensive! Is it really worth that money?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Mitchellcar wrote:
FrancisU wrote:
JJ123 wrote:ALSO,
I saw people talking about housing. Don't live on Chittenden, that's where they riot. Seriously. They flip cars over and light them on fire there. Gateway is overpriced, but nice and right next to the law school. There's are a lot of apartments nearby, look at west 10th and down into the Short North (but be really careful on EAST 9th and down).


Chittenden isn't all that bad... There is one weekend of the year called Chitt Show, where things get a bit hectic. But it's all undergrads, which is why I wouldn't live there.

I would live in the Gateway, or somewhere west of High St. and south of campus. The Short North and Victorian Village are saturated with yo pros. If you bring a car or don't mind busing it to school, I'd live there.


Gateway is nice and all but it's so damn expensive! Is it really worth that money?


Nope.

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Mitchellcar wrote:
FrancisU wrote:
JJ123 wrote:ALSO,
I saw people talking about housing. Don't live on Chittenden, that's where they riot. Seriously. They flip cars over and light them on fire there. Gateway is overpriced, but nice and right next to the law school. There's are a lot of apartments nearby, look at west 10th and down into the Short North (but be really careful on EAST 9th and down).


Chittenden isn't all that bad... There is one weekend of the year called Chitt Show, where things get a bit hectic. But it's all undergrads, which is why I wouldn't live there.

I would live in the Gateway, or somewhere west of High St. and south of campus. The Short North and Victorian Village are saturated with yo pros. If you bring a car or don't mind busing it to school, I'd live there.


Gateway is nice and all but it's so damn expensive! Is it really worth that money?


Nope.

That's what I figured ha

Elegavie
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Elegavie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Accepted today! How long did it take everyone to get their admission packet?

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Elegavie wrote:Accepted today! How long did it take everyone to get their admission packet?

Congrats! Only took me about 4 days for the letter and another 4 to get the book.

osubucknut
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby osubucknut » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Three months now without hearing anything. At median.

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

osubucknut wrote:Three months now without hearing anything. At median.

I would give them a call. That is ridiculous. I heard back in almost exactly a month and have close to the same numbers.

User avatar
Decimus
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Decimus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Mitchellcar wrote:
Elegavie wrote:Accepted today! How long did it take everyone to get their admission packet?

Congrats! Only took me about 4 days for the letter and another 4 to get the book.


Interesting, I still haven't received the packet yet and was admitted quite a while ago. But I received a handwritten note earlier this week saying to expect it in the next couple of weeks!

User avatar
ashley82929
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:57 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby ashley82929 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Anyone else trying to decide between t14 and Osu?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby jk148706 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:11 pm

ashley82929 wrote:Anyone else trying to decide between t14 and Osu?


Yes, but OSU would have to make a significant move in its scholly money to get me there. If they do, I'd strongly consider

User avatar
blink
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby blink » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:05 am

Decimus wrote:When is the Moritz decision released again? End of March? Can't remember.

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:17 pm

Anybody planning on going to any asw days/weekends? I'm signed up for the one on April 17th.

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Mitchellcar wrote:Anybody planning on going to any asw days/weekends? I'm signed up for the one on April 17th.

Also, would it be wierd to bring my girlfriend to asw? They said you can bring up to 4 guests and one of them is free. She would be staying in Columbus with me most weeks so I feel like it's important for her to be involved in the process and see the area as well.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Lwoods » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Mitchellcar wrote:
Mitchellcar wrote:Anybody planning on going to any asw days/weekends? I'm signed up for the one on April 17th.

Also, would it be wierd to bring my girlfriend to asw? They said you can bring up to 4 guests and one of them is free. She would be staying in Columbus with me most weeks so I feel like it's important for her to be involved in the process and see the area as well.


It's definitely not weird to bring a S/O, particularly if a/he will be moving with you.

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Mitchellcar wrote:
Mitchellcar wrote:Anybody planning on going to any asw days/weekends? I'm signed up for the one on April 17th.

Also, would it be wierd to bring my girlfriend to asw? They said you can bring up to 4 guests and one of them is free. She would be staying in Columbus with me most weeks so I feel like it's important for her to be involved in the process and see the area as well.


It's definitely not weird to bring a S/O, particularly if a/he will be moving with you.

Thanks for the response.

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Anybody else from the Dayton area considering OSU?

southernbelle87
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby southernbelle87 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:30 pm

osubucknut wrote:Three months now without hearing anything. At median.


Above median and applied in November; still haven't heard
Want them to call to let me in now so I can tell them where to go
Last edited by southernbelle87 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JJ123
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby JJ123 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:34 am

blink wrote:
Decimus wrote:When is the Moritz decision released again? End of March? Can't remember.


I believe the website said March 28.

User avatar
blink
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby blink » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:20 am

JJ123 wrote:
blink wrote:
Decimus wrote:When is the Moritz decision released again? End of March? Can't remember.


I believe the website said March 28.


Man, that is super close to their deposit deadline, isn't it?

User avatar
Decimus
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Decimus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 am

blink wrote:
JJ123 wrote:
blink wrote:
Decimus wrote:When is the Moritz decision released again? End of March? Can't remember.


I believe the website said March 28.


Man, that is super close to their deposit deadline, isn't it?


Guessing that's on purpose.

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby ohioguy99 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Finally accepted after 121 days of waiting.

User avatar
hollybrianna
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby hollybrianna » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:11 pm

ohioguy99 wrote:Finally accepted after 121 days of waiting.


How did you find out?

southernbelle87
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby southernbelle87 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:49 pm

ohioguy99 wrote:Finally accepted after 121 days of waiting.


about the same, they should be glad it was an email not a call. needless to say my response to their 4 month wait for my acceptance when i am solidly above both medians would not have been very professional. :roll:

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby ohioguy99 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44 pm

hollybrianna wrote:
ohioguy99 wrote:Finally accepted after 121 days of waiting.


How did you find out?


Email. About mid morning.

southernbelle87 wrote:
ohioguy99 wrote:Finally accepted after 121 days of waiting.


about the same, they should be glad it was an email not a call. needless to say my response to their 4 month wait for my acceptance when i am solidly above both medians would not have been very professional. :roll:


I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one in that boat. It was a really frustrating process.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, blahblah123, freekick, Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy, Snowjon, ThorB and 31 guests