OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:50 am

itachiuchiha wrote:are we all ready to hear something today? fingers crossed today is the day


I've given up

User avatar
Decimus
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Decimus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:05 pm

jk148706 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:are we all ready to hear something today? fingers crossed today is the day


I've given up


"Never give up. Never surrender."

In times of uncertainty, turn to the things which are surest in life. For instance, the wisdom of Galaxy Quest.

User avatar
Decimus
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Decimus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:05 pm

ATTN:

There has been a change to the information on the status checker which now reads:

"Your application is currently being reviewed by the admissions committee. Decisions are typically reached within 6-10 weeks from the time your application goes in review.



Early decision applicants will receive a decision no later than December 23, 2013.

Early admission applicants will receive a decision no later than January 30, 2014.



When a decision has been made on your file, you will receive notification via email."

kgiaco
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby kgiaco » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Decimus wrote:ATTN:

There has been a change to the information on the status checker which now reads:

"Your application is currently being reviewed by the admissions committee. Decisions are typically reached within 6-10 weeks from the time your application goes in review.



Early decision applicants will receive a decision no later than December 23, 2013.

Early admission applicants will receive a decision no later than January 30, 2014.

When a decision has been made on your file, you will receive notification via email."



Dang, looks like we will be waiting another 2 weeks!
Last edited by kgiaco on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mach9zero
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby mach9zero » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Showing the 30th here as well, that's disapointing. :cry:

osubucknut
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby osubucknut » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Dline coach leaves and a new coach is hired within days, but someone in admissions leaves and the law school can't function... People are getting tired of this shit and are looking elsewhere.

User avatar
Decimus
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Decimus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:43 pm

osubucknut wrote:Dline coach leaves and a new coach is hired within days, but someone in admissions leaves and the law school can't function... People are getting tired of this shit and are looking elsewhere.


They're forcing me to do something I thought I never could do, apply to Notre Dame and Michigan ;)

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby ohioguy99 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:55 pm

osubucknut wrote:Dline coach leaves and a new coach is hired within days, but someone in admissions leaves and the law school can't function... People are getting tired of this shit and are looking elsewhere.


I've expressed my frustration before. I think what bothers me most is that it won't be as exciting to be accepted anymore. Also would be nice to feel wanted given I've spent my whole life in Ohio. :lol:

osubucknut
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby osubucknut » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Right there with you guys (minus applying at michigan). They should be ashamed.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Today is 11 weeks since I submitted and I'm still not under review -- I'm "awaiting review." But Michigan, UVA, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, WUSTL have all gotten back to me in shorter time spans. Sheesh

mach9zero
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby mach9zero » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 pm

jk148706 wrote:Today is 11 weeks since I submitted and I'm still not under review -- I'm "awaiting review." But Michigan, UVA, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, WUSTL have all gotten back to me in shorter time spans. Sheesh


that's absurd, it only took about a week for me to go under review. I'd definitely call on tuesday and ask what the hold up is.

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby ohioguy99 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:08 pm

It's a miracle, after 11 weeks of being complete, I'm finally under review.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby jk148706 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 pm

ohioguy99 wrote:It's a miracle, after 11 weeks of being complete, I'm finally under review.


Me too. Finally.

User avatar
Decimus
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Decimus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Anyone else get a Moritz scholly email?

No admission decision, but I'm thinking this is a positive sign.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Decimus wrote:Anyone else get a Moritz scholly email?

No admission decision, but I'm thinking this is a positive sign.


Yep, just got it. Do they send those to everyone?

mach9zero
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby mach9zero » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Decimus wrote:Anyone else get a Moritz scholly email?

No admission decision, but I'm thinking this is a positive sign.


I got it too, I mean c'mon that's not even fair. I saw the address and was :D , then saw scholly info and was :lol:, then opened it and saw it told me to apply and was :|

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby ohioguy99 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:05 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Decimus wrote:Anyone else get a Moritz scholly email?

No admission decision, but I'm thinking this is a positive sign.


Yep, just got it. Do they send those to everyone?


Also got one. I think it is pretty likely they send it to everyone. But who knows.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby jk148706 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Decimus wrote:Anyone else get a Moritz scholly email?

No admission decision, but I'm thinking this is a positive sign.


Also received it

torresash14
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby torresash14 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:09 pm

ohioguy99 wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Decimus wrote:Anyone else get a Moritz scholly email?

No admission decision, but I'm thinking this is a positive sign.


Yep, just got it. Do they send those to everyone?


Also got one. I think it is pretty likely they send it to everyone. But who knows.


Got that.

goterps123
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby goterps123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Same. Says invitation under mailings on status checker. Sorta seems like not everyone got that email. Who knows

kgiaco
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby kgiaco » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:38 pm

torresash14 wrote:
ohioguy99 wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Decimus wrote:Anyone else get a Moritz scholly email?

No admission decision, but I'm thinking this is a positive sign.


Yep, just got it. Do they send those to everyone?


Also got one. I think it is pretty likely they send it to everyone. But who knows.


Got that.


Got it as well... Has anyone NOT received it?

Wheeler90
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:22 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Wheeler90 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 pm

I got it too, so I'm thinking it must be something automatic. Luckily Moritz does have that "mailings" section on their status checker, so I did see that something was sent. Otherwise, I would not have seen it - it was shunted into my "Junk" folder. Still, at least they're talking...

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Mitchellcar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Early jan app checking in. I think the email was sent to every applicant. I got one too.

osubucknut
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby osubucknut » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Anybody so turned off by osu that they're looking elsewhere?

Noesis
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:36 am

Re: OSU Moritz c/o 2017

Postby Noesis » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Can you tell me more about the scholarship e-mail you all got? Is it a general scholarship e-mail, or an invitation to apply for the full tuition scholarship?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”