Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Vanders will you Build If You Get In?

1
9
7%
2
44
33%
What?
80
60%
 
Total votes: 133

winterorange
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby winterorange » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Checking in! Applied 2/18 (last night). They're mailing me a viewbook, which is nice of them.

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MnM22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:31 pm

Complete since 11/17 and no updates since....above or at both medians...

Over it, but holding on...

elideep
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby elideep » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Waitlisted, and I asked to be removed. I've got great offers at other schools. Good luck to all still waiting!

williamsme90
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby williamsme90 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:38 pm

I AM SO IMPATIENT.
Is there any reason to believe they might be waiting to do a wave of acceptances when they can also release scholarship info at the same time?

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Has anyone that has been complete for over 12 weeks emailed the admissions office? If so, what was the response?

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:18 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:Has anyone that has been complete for over 12 weeks emailed the admissions office? If so, what was the response?

I called. They seemed super cavalier about having put "can take up to 10-12 weeks" on the status checker. It seems like "up to 10-12 weeks" is a very vague guideline... but it's not unusual at all to blow right past that timeline and still not have heard back. They told me they wouldn't be getting to my app for another "couple of weeks" and I applied in mid-November...

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:25 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:Has anyone that has been complete for over 12 weeks emailed the admissions office? If so, what was the response?

I called. They seemed super cavalier about having put "can take up to 10-12 weeks" on the status checker. It seems like "up to 10-12 weeks" is a very vague guideline... but it's not unusual at all to blow right past that timeline and still not have heard back. They told me they wouldn't be getting to my app for another "couple of weeks" and I applied in mid-November...


Well, damn.

User avatar
cactusflower
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cactusflower » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:39 pm

IN!

BTW I was never able to register on Fedex and when I called them yesterday and today they said I had no packages coming... FWIW

winterorange
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby winterorange » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:57 pm

My roommate texted me and was like, "You've got a package from Vanderbilt" and I had forgotten about the viewbook, so I got excited for about ten seconds before remembering.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Sakari wrote:My roommate texted me and was like, "You've got a package from Vanderbilt" and I had forgotten about the viewbook, so I got excited for about ten seconds before remembering.


My roommate got a slightly larger than document-sized, ~5lbs FedEx package this week. I was seriously pissed when I read his name on it. (He's not an applicant).

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mx23250 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Waitlisted. Below both 25%. To be honest I was expecting a ding and this was just a hail mary. Good luck to those still waiting!

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Still at 11/6 lol

yraeizzy
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yraeizzy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:38 pm

anyone know how strong the connection between getting a merit based fee waiver and acceptance is? i got a fee waiver and my lsat score is at the 50th percentile but my gpa is somewhere between the 25th and 50th percentile so I feel like i'm right at the cusp of getting admitted but possible also rejected....wondering if my fee waiver was any indication of anything at all?

User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BLUERUFiO » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:05 pm

yraeizzy wrote:anyone know how strong the connection between getting a merit based fee waiver and acceptance is? i got a fee waiver and my lsat score is at the 50th percentile but my gpa is somewhere between the 25th and 50th percentile so I feel like i'm right at the cusp of getting admitted but possible also rejected....wondering if my fee waiver was any indication of anything at all?

Consensus seems to be, no. They may want you, or they may want you to apply so they can reject you. Only time will tell. Good luck! I've been complete since 1/9.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby AT9 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
yraeizzy wrote:anyone know how strong the connection between getting a merit based fee waiver and acceptance is? i got a fee waiver and my lsat score is at the 50th percentile but my gpa is somewhere between the 25th and 50th percentile so I feel like i'm right at the cusp of getting admitted but possible also rejected....wondering if my fee waiver was any indication of anything at all?

Consensus seems to be, no. They may want you, or they may want you to apply so they can reject you. Only time will tell. Good luck! I've been complete since 1/9.


For what it's worth, I got an unsolicited merit based fee waiver with 25th LSAT, 75th GPA, and non-URM. So I don't know of a correlation, but I got in when I thought it was a selectivity tactic in my situation.

Also, anyone else have the 2/25 mailing on status checker? I'm betting scholarships! :D

User avatar
brrrrcat
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby brrrrcat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:41 pm

AT9 wrote:
Also, anyone else have the 2/25 mailing on status checker? I'm betting scholarships! :D


Yup! Fingers crossed!

User avatar
cactusflower
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cactusflower » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:52 pm

brrrrcat wrote:
AT9 wrote:
Also, anyone else have the 2/25 mailing on status checker? I'm betting scholarships! :D


Yup! Fingers crossed!


+1 Here's to hoping!!!!!!!

yost
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yost » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Yup. Must be scholarships.

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ohhai » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:17 pm

15 weeks "complete." Cool story, Vanderbilt. Release the guillotine.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:22 pm

ohhai wrote:15 weeks "complete." Cool story, Vanderbilt. Release the guillotine.

Yeah, what's the deal with this MASS of people who have competitive #'s sitting in eternal purgatory?

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Still at 11/6 lol

Real. I'm at 11/12 lol. #StrugCity

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Can you withdraw if you haven't even heard a decision yet? If so, anyone know how? (I don't want them wasting any time on my app when they should be working on all of your's and getting you all some damn decisions!)

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:25 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Can you withdraw if you haven't even heard a decision yet? If so, anyone know how? (I don't want them wasting any time on my app when they should be working on all of your's and getting you all some damn decisions!)

I'm sure you can just email the general admissions email and that should do it.

Mighty kind of you Leigh!!

arklaw13
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby arklaw13 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:26 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Can you withdraw if you haven't even heard a decision yet? If so, anyone know how? (I don't want them wasting any time on my app when they should be working on all of your's and getting you all some damn decisions!)


You can. Just email admissions and tell them you want to withdraw. I wouldn't, though, especially if you paid an application fee and have any interest whatsoever in attending.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Nearing 21 weeks at complete.

Sent a LOCI, because this is basically a waitlist. At least they confirmed that they've added it to my file, so my applications isn't lost and they know I'm alive.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cantexplaingottago, Google Adsense [Bot], guybourdin, hangold, Keilz, Leliana, ponderingmeerkat, potterotter, smartmoon, Smc1994, TecumsehSherman, TriSapien and 37 guests