Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Vanders will you Build If You Get In?

1
9
7%
2
44
33%
What?
80
60%
 
Total votes: 133

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Got my 5-pounder today! Good luck to others waiting on the status checker updates from last week.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hos9903 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Congrats to the admits!

It's a waitlist for me, as expected. Does anyone know what kind of movement Vandy tends to see? I'm very happy with my other options, but will probably still remain on the WL.

mfreda
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mfreda » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

hos9903 wrote:Congrats to the admits!

It's a waitlist for me, as expected. Does anyone know what kind of movement Vandy tends to see? I'm very happy with my other options, but will probably still remain on the WL.


what were your scores, if you don't mind me asking?

User avatar
chargers
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chargers » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Off to the waitlist for me, no big shocker.

Congrats to those admitted!

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hos9903 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:42 pm

mfreda wrote:
hos9903 wrote:Congrats to the admits!

It's a waitlist for me, as expected. Does anyone know what kind of movement Vandy tends to see? I'm very happy with my other options, but will probably still remain on the WL.


what were your scores, if you don't mind me asking?


167...and my GPA is at the 25th

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bound » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:15 pm

When did you guys submit/go complete?

mfreda
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mfreda » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:15 pm

hos9903 wrote:
mfreda wrote:
hos9903 wrote:Congrats to the admits!

It's a waitlist for me, as expected. Does anyone know what kind of movement Vandy tends to see? I'm very happy with my other options, but will probably still remain on the WL.


what were your scores, if you don't mind me asking?


167...and my GPA is at the 25th

I am very similar. guess I'd rather be waitlisted than a straight no.

I'll report back if I get same result.

arklaw13
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby arklaw13 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:09 pm

hos9903 wrote:
mfreda wrote:
hos9903 wrote:Congrats to the admits!

It's a waitlist for me, as expected. Does anyone know what kind of movement Vandy tends to see? I'm very happy with my other options, but will probably still remain on the WL.


what were your scores, if you don't mind me asking?


167...and my GPA is at the 25th


Vandy usually takes quite a few people off the waitlist. A good LOCI and you definitely have a shot.

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Wait List for me as well.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2944
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Did you WL'ers get a status change, and were you notified through snail mail or email?

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 pm

cannibal ox wrote:Did you WL'ers get a status change, and were you notified through snail mail or email?

I got a status change to "Decision Mailed" but nothing beyond that. Found out the decision by snail mail.

User avatar
chargers
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chargers » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:32 pm

cannibal ox wrote:Did you WL'ers get a status change, and were you notified through snail mail or email?


My status checker changed to "Decision Mailed" and then two days later I got a letter through snail mail.

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wlee1220 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Got my 5-pounder last night!!! Completely surprised I got in....Congrats everyone and I can't wait for ASD

soupcan
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby soupcan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:35 pm

So those that have been accepted got an email with a tracking code for the fedex package after their status went decision mailed?

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MnM22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:53 pm

I've been 11/20 complete....I'm at or above both medians. Do they normally take this long?

User avatar
Pyromancer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Pyromancer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Just got the package as well! Says that they offer travel stipends for visits. Has anyone had any luck with this?

User avatar
BoyOhBoyle
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BoyOhBoyle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:21 pm

LoganFL wrote:Just got the package as well! Says that they offer travel stipends for visits. Has anyone had any luck with this?


I am attending the March 13-14 ASW. I received an email about the weekend shortly after being admitted, and it has a link to more info about travel reimbursement. I sent an email to the address listed on that link, and the next day received a very detailed email about it. Obviously I haven't actually been reimbursed yet, but it seems like a pretty easy process.

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ohhai » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:01 pm

So, today I walked through my building's front door and saw a beautiful FedEx box. I picked it up and glanced at the sender address... Sure enough - Vanderbilt Law School! I looked at the addressee and.... it was one my neighbors. WOMP WOMP.

User avatar
FKASunny
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FKASunny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:46 pm

ohhai wrote:So, today I walked through my building's front door and saw a beautiful FedEx box. I picked it up and glanced at the sender address... Sure enough - Vanderbilt Law School! I looked at the addressee and.... it was one my neighbors. WOMP WOMP.

LOL

Are you serious?

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ohhai » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 pm

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:
ohhai wrote:So, today I walked through my building's front door and saw a beautiful FedEx box. I picked it up and glanced at the sender address... Sure enough - Vanderbilt Law School! I looked at the addressee and.... it was one my neighbors. WOMP WOMP.

LOL

Are you serious?


Unfortunately, yes. It was too much for me to handle. So I ordered a pizza and made cookies instead of going to the gym. Ya know.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby CookieDough » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:26 pm

ohhai wrote:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:
ohhai wrote:So, today I walked through my building's front door and saw a beautiful FedEx box. I picked it up and glanced at the sender address... Sure enough - Vanderbilt Law School! I looked at the addressee and.... it was one my neighbors. WOMP WOMP.

LOL

Are you serious?


Unfortunately, yes. It was too much for me to handle. So I ordered a pizza and made cookies instead of going to the gym. Ya know.


Wow. Now I'M depressed and require pizza. Hopefully yours shows up tomorrow to make up for it!

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby georgej » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:21 am

ohhai wrote:So, today I walked through my building's front door and saw a beautiful FedEx box. I picked it up and glanced at the sender address... Sure enough - Vanderbilt Law School! I looked at the addressee and.... it was one my neighbors. WOMP WOMP.


That is so depressing, I'm sorry. Do you talk to this neighbor much? Have you discussed your shared interest in law schools, or was this totally out of left field?

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby AT9 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:50 am

georgej wrote:
ohhai wrote:So, today I walked through my building's front door and saw a beautiful FedEx box. I picked it up and glanced at the sender address... Sure enough - Vanderbilt Law School! I looked at the addressee and.... it was one my neighbors. WOMP WOMP.


That is so depressing, I'm sorry. Do you talk to this neighbor much? Have you discussed your shared interest in law schools, or was this totally out of left field?


This is what I want to know. I'm assuming Vandy accepts a few hundred people a year, right? What are the odds that a couple of them would be neighbors?! Do you live in like a pre-law dorm or something? Lol

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2944
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:13 am

Last year (according to their Standard 509 Report), Vanderbilt accepted 1,122 applicants. That'd be pretty surprising to find out your neighbor was accepted to a school you were waiting to hear back from.

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ohhai » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 am

AT9 wrote:
georgej wrote:
ohhai wrote:So, today I walked through my building's front door and saw a beautiful FedEx box. I picked it up and glanced at the sender address... Sure enough - Vanderbilt Law School! I looked at the addressee and.... it was one my neighbors. WOMP WOMP.


That is so depressing, I'm sorry. Do you talk to this neighbor much? Have you discussed your shared interest in law schools, or was this totally out of left field?


This is what I want to know. I'm assuming Vandy accepts a few hundred people a year, right? What are the odds that a couple of them would be neighbors?! Do you live in like a pre-law dorm or something? Lol


Haven't talked to her. Actually I don't know what she looks like. I live in a big apartment building next to a college campus. I am, however, not in college. Yeah, odds are slim. It was more funny than anything.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, AriGold33, Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests