Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Vanders will you Build If You Get In?

1
9
7%
2
44
33%
What?
80
60%
 
Total votes: 133

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:49 pm

gimmedanger wrote:Just got my 5lb fedex notification! no email yet though.

think its too late to send in the scholarship questions on monday? I applied on 01/07.

worth a shot I guess!!


May as well turn them in and see what happens. Soft Deadline and all that.

And Congrats :)

User avatar
Motivator9
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Motivator9 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Guys, does anyone know how many full ride scholarships Vandy gives???

arklaw13
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby arklaw13 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Motivator9 wrote:Guys, does anyone know how many full ride scholarships Vandy gives???


3 or 4 a year the past few years.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hos9903 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 pm

I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.

User avatar
chargers
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chargers » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:24 am

hos9903 wrote:I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.


From what I've read ITT it seems that Vandy does send out WL's/Rejections in the mail. You can get on Fedex and figure out how much your package weighs if you want to know right away (5 lb package=acceptance).

I have about the same numbers as you do so I know how you feel.
Hoping for the best.. preparing for the worst.

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:38 am

chargers wrote:
hos9903 wrote:I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.


From what I've read ITT it seems that Vandy does send out WL's/Rejections in the mail. You can get on Fedex and figure out how much your package weighs if you want to know right away (5 lb package=acceptance).

I have about the same numbers as you do so I know how you feel.
Hoping for the best.. preparing for the worst.


Right there with you guys numbers-wise - still in review though (my app didn't go complete till late) good luck! Here's to acceptances!

lovesthelaw
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lovesthelaw » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 am

What would y'all do if you were in this situation? I went complete on 10/8, had my interview 10/18, and have heard literally nothing since then.... I know that this probably means rejection -- and that's fine; it was a reach anyways -- but is there anything I can do to speed up a reply? On the status checker it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks," and I have now passed that. Ugh.

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:30 pm

lovesthelaw wrote:What would y'all do if you were in this situation? I went complete on 10/8, had my interview 10/18, and have heard literally nothing since then.... I know that this probably means rejection -- and that's fine; it was a reach anyways -- but is there anything I can do to speed up a reply? On the status checker it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks," and I have now passed that. Ugh.


Call them. Everyone I've spoken to at vandy is actually really nice

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hos9903 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:
chargers wrote:
hos9903 wrote:I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.


From what I've read ITT it seems that Vandy does send out WL's/Rejections in the mail. You can get on Fedex and figure out how much your package weighs if you want to know right away (5 lb package=acceptance).

I have about the same numbers as you do so I know how you feel.
Hoping for the best.. preparing for the worst.


Right there with you guys numbers-wise - still in review though (my app didn't go complete till late) good luck! Here's to acceptances!


Thanks! Good luck to you guys too.

If it's been 24 hours since "decision mailed" with no fedex notification, can I now assume WL/ding?

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:47 pm

hos9903 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:
chargers wrote:
hos9903 wrote:I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.


From what I've read ITT it seems that Vandy does send out WL's/Rejections in the mail. You can get on Fedex and figure out how much your package weighs if you want to know right away (5 lb package=acceptance).

I have about the same numbers as you do so I know how you feel.
Hoping for the best.. preparing for the worst.


Right there with you guys numbers-wise - still in review though (my app didn't go complete till late) good luck! Here's to acceptances!


Thanks! Good luck to you guys too.

If it's been 24 hours since "decision mailed" with no fedex notification, can I now assume WL/ding?


:? i dont know. it is the weekend so for now lets assume no. Then on monday you'll see a 5lb box from fed ex :-D

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hos9903 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:55 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:
:? i dont know. it is the weekend so for now lets assume no. Then on monday you'll see a 5lb box from fed ex :-D


haha fair point. i'll table this until Monday

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:19 am

hos9903 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:
:? i dont know. it is the weekend so for now lets assume no. Then on monday you'll see a 5lb box from fed ex :-D


haha fair point. i'll table this until Monday


I'm right there with you. Hoping for good news for both of us.

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 am

SplitMyPants wrote:
hos9903 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:
:? i dont know. it is the weekend so for now lets assume no. Then on monday you'll see a 5lb box from fed ex :-D


haha fair point. i'll table this until Monday


I'm right there with you. Hoping for good news for both of us.


^^^ avatar win :D ^^^

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Haven't officially passed 8 weeks yet but I'm coming dangerously close. If they're planning to pull the trigger, it'd be nice if they could just get it over with already :(

User avatar
FKASunny
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FKASunny » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:19 pm

I waited more than 4 months for good news. Stop making yourself sick about it! The only form of control you have is to update them with any new grades, stay in contact to see if there are any other updates they'd like, and go enjoy your life. Believe me, ever moment of relaxation will be precious once the stress starts ratcheting up in August.

User avatar
chargers
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chargers » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 pm

On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:35 pm

chargers wrote:On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?


It's Sunday, FedEx wouldn't know yet if they're sending you something. Be patient, things aren't instantaneous.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:35 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:Haven't officially passed 8 weeks yet but I'm coming dangerously close. If they're planning to pull the trigger, it'd be nice if they could just get it over with already :(


Shouldn't be too much longer now, keep your head up! 8)

User avatar
anyriotgirl
Posts: 7509
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby anyriotgirl » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:05 pm

ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
chargers wrote:On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?


It's Sunday, FedEx wouldn't know yet if they're sending you something. Be patient, things aren't instantaneous.


FWIW when I signed up for the FedEx thing, it didn't show any packages headed my way, and then lo and behold, the next day, when apartment buzzer rang for what I thought was my seamless delivery, it was the fedex man with the black box.

User avatar
chargers
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chargers » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
chargers wrote:On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?


It's Sunday, FedEx wouldn't know yet if they're sending you something. Be patient, things aren't instantaneous.



FWIW when I signed up for the FedEx thing, it didn't show any packages headed my way, and then lo and behold, the next day, when apartment buzzer rang for what I thought was my seamless delivery, it was the fedex man with the black box.


Oh nice, guess I won't jump to any conclusions just yet. I've had an uneventful Sunday with nothing better to do than sit on TLS, call Fedex, and completely overthink the situation. Maybe I should take Zip's advice and try a bit of patience. Haha

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 pm

chargers wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
chargers wrote:On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?


It's Sunday, FedEx wouldn't know yet if they're sending you something. Be patient, things aren't instantaneous.



FWIW when I signed up for the FedEx thing, it didn't show any packages headed my way, and then lo and behold, the next day, when apartment buzzer rang for what I thought was my seamless delivery, it was the fedex man with the black box.


Oh nice, guess I won't jump to any conclusions just yet. I've had an uneventful Sunday with nothing better to do than sit on TLS, call Fedex, and completely overthink the situation. Maybe I should take Zip's advice and try a bit of patience. Haha


Hopefully it's good advice :). Trying to be optimistic, not dismissive. Good luck!

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 am

chargers wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
chargers wrote:On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?


It's Sunday, FedEx wouldn't know yet if they're sending you something. Be patient, things aren't instantaneous.



FWIW when I signed up for the FedEx thing, it didn't show any packages headed my way, and then lo and behold, the next day, when apartment buzzer rang for what I thought was my seamless delivery, it was the fedex man with the black box.


Oh nice, guess I won't jump to any conclusions just yet. I've had an uneventful Sunday with nothing better to do than sit on TLS, call Fedex, and completely overthink the situation. Maybe I should take Zip's advice and try a bit of patience. Haha

Patience is in short supply around TLS this time of year :lol:

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yeslekkkk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:03 pm

My app has been sitting at complete for 2+ months. I have a feeling that a WL/ding is coming. I just really wish Vanderbilt would tell me. My patience is wearing thin. I almost want to email them and be like "WHAT UP?! It's been awhile since we last spoken."

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm sitting at 11/6. :roll:

HOS
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby HOS » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:45 pm

The Fedex truck just turned up, handed me a large package and yes!!! I'm in!!!

Submitted early November and interviewed mid-December. I'm 75th LSAT and have a foreign 'superior' GPA.

Can't wait to visit. Depending on financials, Vanderbilt is a top choice.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, hammy393, lazarzhr, Long shot hero, luckydayahead, mintme, okf731, proteinshake, ssolli and 20 guests